201X Allez Sprint

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

NickJupiter wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:26 am
Jclarke89 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:41 pm
NickJupiter wrote:I love it too. I have an Allez Sprint (2018 rim brake model) that I want to have painted and if it looks half as good as this I will be thrilled. Can I ask who painted this for you? Maybe a PM if you don't want to say publically? Thanks.
Where are you located?

I have all my work carried out at enigma paintworks.

He’s done two frames for me know both of them being better than ever expected.
In the States, new York City. I see that Enigma is in England, so I guess I will have to keep looking.
If you're in NYC and looking for custom paint... you should contact Ron Jones. He's in Connecticut. He's a designer that works for Specialized and has done all of the special edition schemes for race winning bikes, etc. He does custom jobs out of his place in Connecticut. His instagram is NotEnoughSwedes

by Weenie

NickJupiter

by NickJupiter

Thanks for the tip.

arcenol

by arcenol

Hi just a newbie looking for some advice. Managed to pick up a 2021 Allez base E5 and looking at wheels as a first upgrade. I have these options in mind for now:

https://www.huntbikewheels.cc/products/ ... eep-22wide

https://www.winspace.cc/lun-road-60mm-r ... elset.html

https://labicicletta.com/collections/wh ... a-wheelset

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, I figured this is the first step and the sprint disc will be the final evolution.

Jclarke89

by Jclarke89

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
NickJupiter wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:26 am
Jclarke89 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:41 pm
NickJupiter wrote:I love it too. I have an Allez Sprint (2018 rim brake model) that I want to have painted and if it looks half as good as this I will be thrilled. Can I ask who painted this for you? Maybe a PM if you don't want to say publically? Thanks.
Where are you located?

I have all my work carried out at enigma paintworks.

He’s done two frames for me know both of them being better than ever expected.
In the States, new York City. I see that Enigma is in England, so I guess I will have to keep looking.
If you're in NYC and looking for custom paint... you should contact Ron Jones. He's in Connecticut. He's a designer that works for Specialized and has done all of the special edition schemes for race winning bikes, etc. He does custom jobs out of his place in Connecticut. His instagram is NotEnoughSwedes
Great info for him, thank you.

Custompaintsinc is also American company, that’s who supplied my paints.

Jclarke89

by Jclarke89

Little update, removed the s-works turbo tyres and replaced with vittoria corsa G2.0 tan walls. 28c rear 25front.

rothwem

by rothwem

Jclarke89 wrote:Little update, removed the s-works turbo tyres and replaced with vittoria corsa G2.0 tan walls. 28c rear 25front.

That crank is ready for you to put some power to it!! It’s POWER-READY!!

Jclarke89

by Jclarke89

rothwem wrote:
Jclarke89 wrote:Little update, removed the s-works turbo tyres and replaced with vittoria corsa G2.0 tan walls. 28c rear 25front.

That crank is ready for you to put some power to it!! It’s POWER-READY!!
I rear brake as of yet Image

Trust me, I’m wanting to get out there and punish my legs on it.

Jclarke89

by Jclarke89

CrankAddictsRich wrote:what size is that frame?
56cm

AyBee

by AyBee

Lovely looking bike, but please sort the skewers out and remove the sticker from the crank arm! :)

Jclarke89

by Jclarke89

AyBee wrote:Lovely looking bike, but please sort the skewers out and remove the sticker from the crank arm! :)
New lightweight skewers have been ordered, stickers has been taken off and new pedals fitted. Image

It was bugging me to.

Ritsuke

by Ritsuke

Anyone know the partnumber for the headset on an Allez Sprint? Is it S192500001 or do we have any non Specialized alternatives? :)
Current: 2017 S-Works Tarmac SL5 | SRAM Red Etap | Edco Umbrial 45 - FFWD F6R Ceramic
Projects: 2021 TT Project | Frame Unknown | Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 | Pro Disc - TriSpoke
Retired: 2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Red Hook Crit

NoMütze

by NoMütze

hi... from what i found out, the headset is quite unique...so no alternative
and there is actually for the MY19-20 edition ... S192500002 ... not sure if it differs much from -0001 edition

Bungle73

by Bungle73

How the hell do you re-cable the shifters on this bike?? I bought some new handlebars with integrated routing, so I need to take the cables out of the frame and rethread them. I've done the brakes, but I can't for the live of me work out to get the gear cables back through the frame after I've taken them out! The rear brake was fairly simple because it was one long outer, but the gears go to inner only once inside the frame. I bought a piece of plastic tubing I though I could use as a guide, but the front derailleur cable is not long enough to be able to thread it on!

by Weenie

Bungle73

by Bungle73

Never mind. I figured out a way to do it. I slid the tubing on as far as it I could get it at the bottom, they just pulled the inner from the other end, which brought the tubing along with it, until the tubing was all the way through the frame.