201X Allez Sprint

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

Rishie

by Rishie

Lautrey wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:32 am
Hi guys,

I am about to mount a carbon rails saddle on my Sprint, I was wondering about the torque required to tighten the clamps. I went up to 12nm on my aluminium rails saddle, but was thinking that might be too much for carbon.

Do you usually reduce the torque for saddle rails ?
I’d be very surprised if the carbon rails are manufactured to withstand much more than 5-6 nm. Most should say how much to torque them up to.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Rishie wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:33 pm
Lautrey wrote:
Hi guys,

I am about to mount a carbon rails saddle on my Sprint, I was wondering about the torque required to tighten the clamps. I went up to 12nm on my aluminium rails saddle, but was thinking that might be too much for carbon.

I’d be very surprised if the carbon rails are manufactured to withstand much more than 5-6 nm. Most should say how much to torque them up to.
Depend on the clamp design. Unsupported top-bottom mount 5-6 N.m put much heavier load to the rail than 12 Nm side clamp where almost all external clamp area are supported by opposite side (inside) clamping mechanism.

I think 12 Nm should be fine.

by Weenie

johnrho

by johnrho

Lautrey wrote:Hi guys,

Torque is actually labelled on the drive side of the clamp. I think it’s the same torque for both 7x7 and 7x9 clamps - I remember it being 5-6nm for 7x7 round rails. Don’t think the torque is for the clamp/rails but for holding the clamp in the carbon seat post - you shouldn’t go beyond 5-6nm as you will damage the carbon post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bukem

by Bukem

Gloss Abalone/Spectraflair、Gloss Dusty Blue/Satin Dusty Blue

Fender137

by Fender137

Lautrey wrote:
Hi guys,

You also want to take into account, that the carbon layup is applied diffrenlty to the rails between brands thus requireing diffrent torque specs.

In my case Both my S works Power Saddles came with a 13.5 Nm tags attached to the rails.

johnrho

by johnrho

Fender137 wrote: You also want to take into account, that the carbon layup is applied diffrenlty to the rails between brands thus requireing diffrent torque specs.

In my case Both my S works Power Saddles came with a 13.5 Nm tags attached to the rails.
Clamp torque trumps rail torque specs as clamps vary from post to post. Rail torque specs are the maximum specs it can tolerate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

Are we getting a revamp or anything for 2021? On the website it only has two framesets that look meh.

maxim809

by maxim809

Weighed a stock 52cm rim frame set.

Including loose headset parts (54g) it comes out to 2034g. Which is exactly the year I predict this build to be complete with how the parts are arriving. See you all then peace take care gg ride safe hf.

Currently building a: Basso Diamante

grosseBlatt

by grosseBlatt

Wanted to share my Down Under Allez in this thread for a while now. Some posts helped me a lot during the built, as this was my first build from scratch. It's definitely not close to being a weightweenie bike but maybe if I switch out some parts in the future I'll keep an eye on their weight (and the other one on the price :D )

Setup:

Allez Disc Down Under - Size 56
R7000 105 Groupset with Ultegra Rotors (for looks) - 50-34 and 11-32
Mantel R50D TLR Wheelset
Conti GP 5000 - 25mm

Pro LT Handlebar - 42cm
Pro LT Stem - 100mm (switched to a 110mm one)
Pro Race Control Bar Tape
Pro Stealth Saddle - 142mm w Aluminium Rails
Shimano PD-R550 Pedals
Tacx Bottle Cages

All of this, including a garmin mount, comes in at roughly 8.5kg. I'm quite happy with it, considering my former road bike weighed 10.5kg.

I am just completely in love with it. And don't even get me started on the paintjob. Lets just say I am never disappointed when looking between my legs :oops: :P
IMG_20200512_185246_1 (1).jpg
IMG_20200630_183750.jpg

GlassTown

by GlassTown

Hi All,

First post here, been reading all your input and looking at all of the beautiful builds you guys have.

I've just taken delivery of my 2021 Allez Sprint and as you can imagine, I'm already considering upgrades, specifically a new aero handlebar. I already have some Hutchinson fusion 5 tubeless tyres to put on the standard rims.

Does anyone have any recommendations that will also house my Garmin out front mount please? I've read good things about the Prime Primavera bars and the price is also attractive.
My 2021 Allez Sprint
My 2021 Allez Sprint

NoMütze

by NoMütze

ja...Prime Primavera here! love it...

Dannnnn

by Dannnnn

Get the Prime out front stem mount for the Garmin.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ymerej

by Ymerej

Here's my allez

2020 allez sprint track
I still need to get a few things sorted
Just received the carbon saddle clamp today so I went for a quick spin.
Attachments
C17B12D2-2675-4B70-8C90-5BD6865CA0D8.jpeg
ECB1624C-6B15-45E9-A970-9D384231E05F.jpeg

by Weenie

gushi49

by gushi49

About to start my first bike build on an allez sprint disc frameset, ordered the abalone/spectraflair paintjob which I believe is new for this year. Will be sure to post some shots of the frame once it arrives since I had a hard time finding an example online other than a few videos of the tarmac sl7 sram configuration on youtube which has the same paint job name.

Few random questions:

1) Will be doing a di2 build, any issues with the di2 battery in the seatpost? Is there some special battery holder? In general I've read that the newer frames should be di2 compatible but not sure what that really means in terms of frame features. just some holes in certain spots?

2) How does the bottom bracket ship, just an empty shell? planning on wheels mfg bb30 to shimano 24 (https://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/b ... black.html). do I really need a press fit tool or will it squeeze in relatively easy by hand

3) is the steerer tube grotesquely long from the factory? was planning on just leaving it uncut till I figure out how long I want it to be