201X Allez Sprint

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
silvalis

by silvalis

quadlt250 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:35 am

Wine tour on Kinlin 31t training wheels (and added Sram hydraulic brakes)[
Are the hydraulic rimbrakes are worth it?
Chasse patate

by Weenie

quadlt250

by quadlt250

silvalis wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:24 am
Are the hydraulic rimbrakes are worth it?
I love them. They're incredibly smooth, and grab insanely hard when you really want them to.
For descending in the mountains, they're amazing, but for regular riding/racing the advantage is probably neglible (i'm one of those who doesn't feel the need for better braking than a plain mechanical rim brake, and i ride aluminum rims when im not racing)

akdmx

by akdmx

I'm having trouble setting up a SRAM red brake caliper in the rear. It seems that the cable housing is "pushing" the caliper out of adjustment when cycling the brakes. This issue isn't apparent with the stock Shimano 105 calipers where the housing doesn't move as much (or at all?)

Has anyone wrestled with this? One suggestion I got was to try the jagwire link cable housing though even that isn't straight forward as the kits I see for sale aren't for full-length housing like the Allez. Has anyone else run in to this issue and solved it successfully? The front caliper shows a little bit of the same issue though to a lesser degree as the bend in the front cable housing naturally provides some slack for the caliper.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Sometime stiff housing do it.
Change to link type housing (like Jagwire Elite Link) should solve that issue. Jagwire did (not sure if they do) have an xl kit for full routing or extra large framesize.
If not then your best bet would be to buy two kits, then save extra inner cable and inner sleeve for recabling next time.

akdmx

by akdmx

To elaborate a bit more -- on the 52CM allez (my size) the cable housing is basically a straight shot rearwards from the frame exit to the caliper. For this reason I'm a bit skeptical of the Jagwire fix since there isn't so much flexing of the housing going on as there is pulling.