201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Sock3t

by Sock3t

How is the quality of the praxis BB that specialized puts on the comp model? After 600 miles, mine has a creak. Should I replace it with a wheels, or just clean it and regrease it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

burger

by burger

So there are zero 54 cm frames available, that has to mean new frames are coming soon right? Last year colors were announced in June, anyone have any inside info on this years frames? I know disc is coming but looking for rim brake models.

Sock3t

by Sock3t

burger wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:18 pm
So there are zero 54 cm frames available, that has to mean new frames are coming soon right? Last year colors were announced in June, anyone have any inside info on this years frames? I know disc is coming but looking for rim brake models.
I got super lucky finding my 54...I called at least 25 shops.

jasonbrim

by jasonbrim

Long-term reader, first-time poster :)

The lower headset bearings broke on my Chameleon Allez Sprint (the cartridge broke). Anyone know what the right size and angle is?

And is it just the spacer underneath I need otherwise?

Thanks in advance!

burger

by burger

Sock3t wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:15 pm
burger wrote:
but how did you get it? drive hundreds of miles to pick it up?

Sock3t

by Sock3t

burger wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:53 pm
Sock3t wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:15 pm
burger wrote:
but how did you get it? drive hundreds of miles to pick it up?
Yes, I had to. It was worth it, too!
E7bChScyTheo0CZkeRxNEg.jpg

burger

by burger

Is this a new color, anyone know anything about this frame?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlVIeJul5Z3 ... _copy_link
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-07-17 18.03.47.png

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I think it could be a legit colorway... it seems to match some of the design elements they are using in the SL Pro Jersey with the RF Matrix style printing. It also possible that it is a test colorway. There have been a few bikes that were test colorways that showed up out in the public.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Posted this in the Allez gallery thread, but figured I'd add it here too..

My training buddy just picked up this American Flag Edition Allez Sprint to use a second bike for park crits and the occasional coffee shop blast.

I did a full write up on it here.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

burger wrote:So there are zero 54 cm frames available, that has to mean new frames are coming soon right? Last year colors were announced in June, anyone have any inside info on this years frames? I know disc is coming but looking for rim brake models.
Rim frames are long gone. 2019 will be disc only. I’m pretty sure they have been released but marketing team is in control, as they are pushing Tarmac and Venge during TdF.
However, they just released Sprint rim frame “Sagan collection” with $550 markup www.specialized.com/us/en/allez-sprint- ... 876-159121
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

burger

by burger

What do you mean the marketing team is in control? I really hope your wrong about the disc only thing, I have a new groupset waiting on one of these frames.

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

burger wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:21 am
What do you mean the marketing team is in control? I really hope your wrong about the disc only thing, I have a new groupset waiting on one of these frames.
I’ve spoken to friends at a local shop (very large S dealer) that have told me what we’ve been hearing for a while. All full bikes will be disc. If you want rim brakes your only option is to buy a stand alone frameset.

Regarding the pink.... is it too late to trade in my Chameleon Purple?? It’s only 10 Mo old and only has about 5-6000 miles on it.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

burger wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:21 am
I'm not sure if you have been following, but there's an inventory shortage. Specialized made a splash of 2019 Tarmac and Venge, disc only. I heard through the grapewine that Tarmac Pro SL6 rim frame is still available, even though it's not available on the website. If you are after rim frame, start looking at used Allez Sprint or pay premium for "Sagan collection" while supplies last. I'm not 100% sure whether 2019 Allez Sprint will be disc only, but unfotunately Specialized made a bold statement about going to disc frames only.

www.specialized.com/us/en/allez-sprint- ... 876-159121

Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

mpulsiv wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:44 am

I'm not sure if you have been following, but there's an inventory shortage. Specialized made a splash of 2019 Tarmac and Venge, disc only. I heard through the grapewine that Tarmac Pro SL6 rim frame is still available, even though it's not available on the website. If you are after rim frame, start looking at used Allez Sprint or pay premium for "Sagan collection" while supplies last. I'm not 100% sure whether 2019 Allez Sprint will be disc only, but unfotunately Specialized made a bold statement about going to disc frames only.

www.specialized.com/us/en/allez-sprint- ... 876-159121
From what I’ve heard, framsets will still be rim brake. Fully built bikes will be disc. No clue on the prices for the 2019 models they didn’t go into that, I’m going to guess they will still be $1200 and the Sagan is at a $500 premium.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nycxandy

by nycxandy

You’d be hard pressed to find that Sagan frame for sale. I’ve reached out to many dealers and they are super limited. My money is here for them to take but there aren’t any in stock in 49 in the U.S. as far as I know. If anyone knows of any leads, please shoot them over. I’m willing to pay the premium.