201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pyrahna

by pyrahna

burger wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:24 am
So I just installed Etap on my sprint and I'm struggling with the front der. First the low limit screw was too long and rubbed on the crank. Realized it wasn't doing anything so took it out. Even with no low limit set the der. won't shift far enough inboard, in the low gear it rubs on the inside of the cage. Then it's incredibly difficult to set the high limit screw correctly, it either over shifts or undershifts. I've messed with the alignment and the height and nothing seems to work.

Has anyone struggled like this? I'm using a quarq riken with 11spd rings so I think it should work.
I had the exact same issue. What I ended up doing was changing the spacing on my crank. I believe I added a little bit of spacer to the drive side and that solved it. Once I did that it was the easiest setup on a front derailluer I've ever done.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itguy

by itguy

burger wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:24 am
So I just installed Etap on my sprint and I'm struggling with the front der. First the low limit screw was too long and rubbed on the crank. Realized it wasn't doing anything so took it out. Even with no low limit set the der. won't shift far enough inboard, in the low gear it rubs on the inside of the cage. Then it's incredibly difficult to set the high limit screw correctly, it either over shifts or undershifts. I've messed with the alignment and the height and nothing seems to work.

Has anyone struggled like this? I'm using a quarq riken with 11spd rings so I think it should work.
I am on eTap and no issues with my FD though. I am on SRAM Red arm with Quarg pm. When I install the FD, the will align it slightly towards my rear wheel. This is make sure when I shift from small to big crank, my crank arm doesn't hit the FD. Also no issues with the adjustment bolt. Takes a bit of time to set it up though, so be patience, it'll be ok.

My gripe though, is that sometimes if my cadence is a bit too low, I am on my 4th cog (from biggest) and I shift to my big crank, the chain may drop outward, towards the crank arm. Not much issue, just had to back pedal to get it aligned but it's very annoying.

MediumSizedMonster

by MediumSizedMonster

Note quite finished yet, but rideable for the first time today, my 2019 Sagan Sprint.

Still have a saddle / wheels to deal with as well as figuring out how much more I want to cut the steerer tube.

As pictured 7.6kg... not bad for aluminum.
IMG_9405.jpg

itguy

by itguy

MediumSizedMonster wrote:Note quite finished yet, but rideable for the first time today, my 2019 Sagan Sprint.

Still have a saddle / wheels to deal with as well as figuring out how much more I want to cut the steerer tube.

As pictured 7.6kg... not bad for aluminum.
IMG_9405.jpg
Nice!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sock3t

by Sock3t

Beautiful bike!

boudreauxnola

by boudreauxnola

Got bored waiting and was googling 2019 Allez Sprint and these colorways popped up. Havent seen anything but the new frameset only colors in shops by me, anyone have info on if these are the new colors to be released on the comp for 2019?
Attachments
2019AllezSprintMint.JPG
2019AllezSprintBlack.JPG

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

MediumSizedMonster wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:49 am

IMG_9405.jpg
is this the standard bearing cover? is it 15mm?

MediumSizedMonster

by MediumSizedMonster

nathanong87 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:19 pm
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:49 am

IMG_9405.jpg
is this the standard bearing cover? is it 15mm?
Yes it's the standard bearing cover, but it also comes with a smaller one. I think that one 10mm and this one is 15mm, but I have not measured.

Don't love the "plastic" look -- will probably look to swap it out with something a little more aesthetically pleasing.

LocoDuck

by LocoDuck

boudreauxnola wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:14 pm
Got bored waiting and was googling 2019 Allez Sprint and these colorways popped up. Havent seen anything but the new frameset only colors in shops by me, anyone have info on if these are the new colors to be released on the comp for 2019?
Was hoping for something a bit more...vibrant, unless that blue is a similar shade to the sprint from a few years back. :P

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

LocoDuck wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:05 pm
boudreauxnola wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:14 pm
Was hoping for something a bit more...vibrant, unless that blue is a similar shade to the sprint from a few years back. :P
Someone just posted some photos of the lower, new colorway in the Allez Gallery thread. The silver logo is actually hologram and the fork is a rainbow sparkle hologram.

MediumSizedMonster

by MediumSizedMonster

Update on my Sagan Sprint. Have some LB wheels on order that will hopefully be here next week, otherwise it’s pretty much complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:35 am
Update on my Sagan Sprint. Have some LB wheels on order that will hopefully be here next week, otherwise it’s pretty much complete.
That looks awesome with the tan walls.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

eins4eins

by eins4eins

After complaining and cursing Spec/LBS for not being able to tell me when or even if an RHC framekit will be available, i stumbled across one in a small onlineshop that isn't even bike specific. Price was even reduced. No idea how this shop got the frame, but they're legit and i pulled the trigger.
Listing said it comes with bottom bracket bearings. i guess they're BB30 and i need to buy adapters/new bb to run my GXP quarq cranks?

MediumSizedMonster

by MediumSizedMonster

eins4eins wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:37 am
After complaining and cursing Spec/LBS for not being able to tell me when or even if an RHC framekit will be available, i stumbled across one in a small onlineshop that isn't even bike specific. Price was even reduced. No idea how this shop got the frame, but they're legit and i pulled the trigger.
Listing said it comes with bottom bracket bearings. i guess they're BB30 and i need to buy adapters/new bb to run my GXP quarq cranks?
Regarding the BB, yes it comes with bearings pressed in. I popped them out and installed this to work with my Shimano cranks:

https://www.jensonusa.com/wheels-manufa ... shimano-bb

Personally prefer a threaded BB anyway.

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Thanks!
I'm running the wheels mfg bb30 gxp bb in another bike and while i like the concept of the threaded halfs, i'm not happy with the enduro bearings. they don't last more than 3-4k km, are expensive and because they're having proprietary measurements, i can't replace them with quality bearings.
BB30 to GXP with adapters is also not my preferred solution, but at least you can find high quality bearings with 42x30x7mm for normal prices.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com