201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

morganb

by morganb

Suby wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:07 am
morganb wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:43 pm

25mm tires will likely measure at least 30mm on those rims (23mm internal width) but they should fit. My 25mm Pro Ones on SL23s measure 30 and fit fine.
Hey,

Sorry for the delay, but for some reason I cannot reply to PMs; I dont see a button for it (I'm assuming my post count is too low...?).

Modifying the sprint shifters is easy, the hard part is justifying the cost because you'll need to purchase both the Sprint Shifters and Blips, and only use 50% of each, trashing the rest... I found both for fairly cheap on eBay, so in total I spent as much as a new pair of sprint shifters.

It's as simple as cutting, soldering two wires and heat shrinking them. There's no specific +/- wire, so it doesn't matter which two you solder together. Just make sure you solder the right ends together: Sprint Shifter switches to eTap connectors.
Thanks much, I'll see if I can try to find a used or damaged pair.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

flickwg

by flickwg

Quick question from a tall rider. Can anyone confirm the minimum insertion for the 380mm seatpost? Thanks

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

JonnyBax wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:40 pm
I've got a potentially dumb questions. I know the rear brake runs full cable housing thru the top tube, but do the FD and RD run full cable housings through the downtube as well?

I have had a frame for a while and just got an R8000 groupset delivered. The groupset was the last thing I was waiting for. It's my first build so any tips would be much appreciated!
If you haven't already figured it out ('cause nobody's answered your question yet), the shift cables are not full housing. Top of the downtube has stops that are removable, bottom of the downtube has actual stops. I'm assuming they are a PITA if the guide tubes get pulled out, but as I ran mine Di2, I don't know.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

JonnyBax

by JonnyBax

IrrelevantD wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:51 pm
JonnyBax wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:40 pm
I've got a potentially dumb questions. I know the rear brake runs full cable housing thru the top tube, but do the FD and RD run full cable housings through the downtube as well?

I have had a frame for a while and just got an R8000 groupset delivered. The groupset was the last thing I was waiting for. It's my first build so any tips would be much appreciated!
If you haven't already figured it out ('cause nobody's answered your question yet), the shift cables are not full housing. Top of the downtube has stops that are removable, bottom of the downtube has actual stops. I'm assuming they are a PITA if the guide tubes get pulled out, but as I ran mine Di2, I don't know.
Thanks for the response! I hadn't exactly figured it out yet, but I left town for Thanksgiving week and figured I'd get back to it when I get home.

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Anyone in the UK fancy a discounted Sprint?

https://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/speci ... -bike.html

Sock3t

by Sock3t

Monkeyfudger wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:43 pm

Damn, that's a stellar deal.

dang3rtown

by dang3rtown

Monkeyfudger wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:43 pm

All the 2018 rim brake Allez Sprints are officially on closeout from Specialized. That is a really good price though! World wide, check with your dealers, the MAP got slashed on those particular bikes.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

wheelbuilder wrote:Curious as to why you cant your levers so far inboard? Riding style? Comfort?
Wrist angle, comfort and to mimic my tt position easier. Will try more aggressive on the disc allez when I build it.
ImageImage
Using Tapatalk

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

That road surface looks bloody awful!

It’s nice you’re opening up the hurt with a front light strapped on :lol:

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

Aside from the mad sock game and the laces that apear to change color in the middle... I"m actually super impressed by what apears to be a 12-13year old kid leading out everyone else.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Ah yes. I see what you are doing there......you can rest your forearms on the tops/flares of the bars and keep a comfortable position for your hands on the hoods. Thanks for the explanation...... I also noticed that apparently super young kid, and thought, what kind of a field is this?!!!
Never cheer before you know who is winning

Hexsense

by Hexsense

My Sprint disc.
Size 49.
Enve SES Aero road bar size 40cm measured at drop end, which is 35.5cm wide on the hood.
Light-bicycle 56mm deep, 30mm external, 23mm internal. Plenty of tire clearance with wide tire on these very wide rims.
Attachments
DSC01253.jpg

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

IrrelevantD wrote:Aside from the mad sock game and the laces that apear to change color in the middle... I"m actually super impressed by what apears to be a 12-13year old kid leading out everyone else.
Monkeyfudger wrote:That road surface looks bloody awful!

It’s nice you’re opening up the hurt with a front light strapped on Image
Heffron Park Tuesday night handicap. The young bloke is 15/16 from memory and pretty handy on a bike. There's A B1 B C grades and he has recently been bumped from C to B, pretty sure that was just as B1 were coming through B.

It's a goat track with plenty of holes and rough patches but the grass has no lip all the way around so is free real estate haha.

Lights and saddle bag usually stay on if I'm being lazy, sock game is the only game I have and the laces are cut and stitched together to match the club kit. ImageImageImageImageImage
Using Tapatalk

Wookski

by Wookski

Nefarious86 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:37 am
It's a goat track with plenty of holes and rough patches but the grass has no lip all the way around so is free real estate haha.
Heffron is a shithole- jackasses like you love the surface so much that the club refuses to clean it up. Is that the famous cycling photographer Beardy McBeard wheel sucking in the 3rd pic?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

That is the Magical Beard on my wheel
Using Tapatalk