201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

marsbe

by marsbe

In terms of sizing, these tend to run small right? I'm usually a 52/54cm 'dale and I'm considering a 52cm Allez Sprint, just a little concerned that it could be too small. Any feedback would be welcome.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I guess it depends on what you consider normal... IMO, C'Dales run a little big, at least in comparison to the Specialized bikes I'm on and the bikes from other brands that I've ridden. I'm a prett normal 54 in almost all brands, but I'd have to be on a 52 in Cannondale. If you fit a 54 Cannondale, I'd say a 52 Allez Sprint would be too small for sure. The Allez Sprint geo is a little differen than the standard Specialized road geo, but it's primarly in stack height and seat angle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sock3t

by Sock3t

marsbe wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:10 am
In terms of sizing, these tend to run small right? I'm usually a 52/54cm 'dale and I'm considering a 52cm Allez Sprint, just a little concerned that it could be too small. Any feedback would be welcome.
I'm the same side. I generally ride 52's in everything.

I went for a 54 Allez Sprint.

Ltyarbro42

by Ltyarbro42

marsbe wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:10 am
Small isn't the word I would use, but like I said earlier I ride a 54 Cannondale and went with a 56 Sprint. I shortened the stem 10mm and it was a very similar reach. Now that being said, the stack here is little more than I accustomed to and I am slammed, but I am finding I might have been a little too low on Cdale all along as it's not bothering me at all and I kind of like it. That will be determined come crit season though.

Hoven

by Hoven

Can someone tell me the max saddle height on a 58cm sprint (center BB to top saddle) I use a s-works power saddle.

Thanks!

JonnyBax

by JonnyBax

Edit: never mind, I'm an idiot and figured it out myself.

Ltyarbro42

by Ltyarbro42

I don't have a 58, but how tall are you and what's your inseam? I can give a rough guess how it could based on that.

Also, is anyone running some abnormally wide rims on this frame? I've got my eye on a set of lightbicycle 56s that are 30mm wide that I would run 25mm tires on (true size being around 27). Will they fit? By my measurements I've got clearance but wanted to make for sure.

morganb

by morganb

Ltyarbro42 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:33 pm
I don't have a 58, but how tall are you and what's your inseam? I can give a rough guess how it could based on that.

Also, is anyone running some abnormally wide rims on this frame? I've got my eye on a set of lightbicycle 56s that are 30mm wide that I would run 25mm tires on (true size being around 27). Will they fit? By my measurements I've got clearance but wanted to make for sure.
25mm tires will likely measure at least 30mm on those rims (23mm internal width) but they should fit. My 25mm Pro Ones on SL23s measure 30 and fit fine.

Ltyarbro42

by Ltyarbro42

morganb wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:43 pm

25mm tires will likely measure at least 30mm on those rims (23mm internal width) but they should fit. My 25mm Pro Ones on SL23s measure 30 and fit fine.

Awesome, those are the tires I'll run also so that's a relief. I doubt they would get much larger than the 30. On my altamonts (19.5 internal), they measure 29ish depending on pressure.

dwift

by dwift

Can anyone help me decide on a cockpit?

I found an EC70 stem on sale and ZIPP Service Course handlebars. I am curious if this will make a good combination. Open to other suggestions. This is my first build and I have considered this budget setup as well as the full ZIPP/ENVE treatment as well.

Cheers,

dwift

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

^^^ good combinaton in regards to what? both of those parts are quality components that will do the job... whether they're a good combination, really comes down to your fit.

dwift

by dwift

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:49 pm
^^^ good combinaton in regards to what? both of those parts are quality components that will do the job... whether they're a good combination, really comes down to your fit.
I guess just are they quality components was my question. My current cockpit on my non-sprint Allez is pretty basic with a 100mm stem and stock alloy Specialized bars.

TLN

by TLN

I'm pretty happy with my Aerofly bar (came stock) and 3T ARX Stem (Alloy). It matches color of my fork, and relatively cheap(I got 120 and 130mm).
Easton bar EC90Aero have same shape as Aerofly as far as I know.
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

fizzaz

by fizzaz

The aerofly has been great for the ~700 miles I've had it on, but it does make computer mounting a bit difficult.

MediumSizedMonster

by MediumSizedMonster

I use Pro Vibe Aero Handlebar and Pro Vibe stem. Very happy with performance and looks really clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com