201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CoastTheMost

by CoastTheMost

I'm still adjusting/copying my fit over from my other bike but the parts are all there.
  • 56cm frameset
  • Sram Red Etap HRD groupset
  • Specialized Power Saddle
  • Hambini bottom bracket
  • Rotor Aldhu 24 Crankset with NGeco power meter
  • SL7 stem
  • Aerofly handlebars
  • Shimano Ultregra 11/28 cassette
  • Shimano Ultegra 160mm rotors
  • Reynolds AR(X?) wheelset (58 front 62 back)
  • Continental gp5000 tires (28 front 32 back)
  • Silca latex tubes
I've got the weight at 19.0 lbs as pictured.

The build was pretty straightforward. The most frustrating part was getting the compression ring in place in the headset with the brake cables and the inner compression ring sleeve in place. Getting my disc brakes aligned correctly was a nightmare on the last gen Allez Sprint (for me) but this one only took me 5 minutes (could have just gotten lucky). They seemed to be aligned/faced better though.

The frameset doesn't look as purple/pinkish as the Specialized photos but in certain light it definitely pops more.
Attachments
IMG_4329.jpg
IMG_4332.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

Cleanest cockpit solution thus far inculding the possibilty for spacers.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcHijxXIhCQ/
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

jamin

by jamin

So how does this ride compared to the outgoing sprint? Does it still feel like the BB is crazy stiff, I guess the overall ride feels a little more relaxed now it has the SL7 geometry?

Currently running turbo cottons on my Specialized Edition X1 and the bike just feels amazing and wants to be ridden fast at all times!

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

Old Allez Sprint Geo = Venge Geo = Tarmac Geo = New Sprint Geo; give or take 2-3mm
carbonLORD wrote:

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

ViperFFM wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:55 am
Old Allez Sprint Geo = Venge Geo = Tarmac Geo = New Sprint Geo; give or take 2-3mm
This is definitely NOT true... the original Allez Sprint had a head tube that was like 10-15mm lower than normal Tarmac/Venge geometry... IIRC, they did relax the geo some for the disc model when that was released, because they released people were riding the Allez Sprint for more than just crits.

mgrl

by mgrl

The stack difference between the rim allez sprint and the new one is 6mm for 49 and 52, 4mm for 54 and 56 and 1mm for 58 and 61.

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:40 am
ViperFFM wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:55 am
This is definitely NOT true... the original Allez Sprint had a head tube that was like 10-15mm lower than normal Tarmac/Venge geometry... IIRC, they did relax the geo some for the disc model when that was released, because they released people were riding the Allez Sprint for more than just crits.
You are right; didnt even look at the old rim brake version; just Disc.
carbonLORD wrote:

berest

by berest

Hi guys, has anyone tried to install a combo of Roval Rapide(or S-Works Aerofly 2) handlebar with Zipp SL Sprint stem on an Allez Sprint rim version?

From my understandind SL Sprint stem is pretty wide, and my only concern is gear and brake housing in such combination due to lack of space between the exit holes on the handlebar and the stem: how tight could it be? Does it make sense? Will it brake and shift gears as smooth as if it would have more space? Real photos are highly welcomed :welcome:

jrod88

by jrod88

Just picked my gloss oasis yesterday. One thing I'll say first off, the frame is flawless. I had to cherry pick my Caad13 to find one without stuff under the paint or dented tubes. It was tough tracking them down. I bought direct so I was getting whatever showed up. I will need to bleed/burp the levers as they need some firming up, but otherwise it's a solid build.
Allez Sprint
SS EVO SE

gSporco

by gSporco

So anyone build a Sub 8kg Allez yet? Even though I bought and returned a frame on release day because the welds drive me nuts.. I still kinda want to build one, but only if I can get in the 7.5-8kg range without exotic parts such as Darimo or CarbonTi
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

Buexx

by Buexx

I am gonna get an Allez built with 11s Ultegra, Tarmac Stem incl. hidden cables (Thanks @CoastTheMost!), Enve aero bar and my already owned Enve 5.6 wheels. My only "issue" is that my trusted LBS only gets the Black/Rocket Red framesets certainly and the Water Effect/Black are marked with a question mark in his ordering system (which the owner told me usually means delivery either in several months or not at all). --> I am stuck with the black frameset which I really dislike from the specialized pictures.

Anyone got real pictures of the Black/Rocket Red frameset?

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

gSporco wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:49 pm
So anyone build a Sub 8kg Allez yet? Even though I bought and returned a frame on release day because the welds drive me nuts.. I still kinda want to build one, but only if I can get in the 7.5-8kg range without exotic parts such as Darimo or CarbonTi
Well it certainly doesn't weigh 1kg more than the frames that are built into 7kg bikes. Shouldn't be difficult at all. If I can build a sub 7kg Venge without exotic parts, you can certainly build a sub 8kg Allez

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Not hard at all.

My 56cm had a heavy Enve Aero cockpit and heavy CK45 Enve wheels, came in at 7.60kg:

SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

gSporco

by gSporco

ryanw wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 9:34 am
Not hard at all.

My 56cm had a heavy Enve Aero cockpit and heavy CK45 Enve wheels, came in at 7.60kg:

Well this is now making me regret returning my Allez :(

Beautiful build as always @RyanW
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

I've got another frame coming since I miss this one (which is actually up for sale as a 1x Red AXS bike if anyone in the UK is interested?).
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop