201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:13 am
IrrelevantD wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:14 pm
@CrankAddictsRich
Yes.... that's a 2018 model in the US along with the flat black with the American Flag forks and the Chameleon Purple (what I have).
Yes, I know it is a 2018 model, but I'm asking if it has actually been released yet for sale... in 2017, they released the frames gradually, almost in waves. A friend of mine is interested in the grafitti model and but the shop has told him its not available. I'm trying to advise him of whether or not he should wait for it, if it hasn't actually been released yet.
They still release the Allez Sprint frames in waves. The graffiti is completely sold out of specialized’s warehouses. The only color currently available for order in most sizes is the acid pink. Your friend may be able to find a dealer that ordered a graffiti for stock that they have not yet sold. Most of the limited colors tend to sellout before they are actually released especially if you ride a 52,54, or 56. They even have a “waitlist” if the projected stock is overordered. Also apparently the bigger the dealer, the more pull they have with specialized in securing the rare stuff. That’s almost what happened with my red hook color until my local sales rep stepped in and ended up shipping to my small local shop instead of a big dealer that was lower on the order list.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

SpecializedColnago wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:03 am
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:13 am
IrrelevantD wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:14 pm
@CrankAddictsRich
Yes.... that's a 2018 model in the US along with the flat black with the American Flag forks and the Chameleon Purple (what I have).
Yes, I know it is a 2018 model, but I'm asking if it has actually been released yet for sale... in 2017, they released the frames gradually, almost in waves. A friend of mine is interested in the grafitti model and but the shop has told him its not available. I'm trying to advise him of whether or not he should wait for it, if it hasn't actually been released yet.
They still release the Allez Sprint frames in waves. The graffiti is completely sold out of specialized’s warehouses. The only color currently available for order in most sizes is the acid pink. Your friend may be able to find a dealer that ordered a graffiti for stock that they have not yet sold. Most of the limited colors tend to sellout before they are actually released especially if you ride a 52,54, or 56. They even have a “waitlist” if the projected stock is overordered. Also apparently the bigger the dealer, the more pull they have with specialized in securing the rare stuff. That’s almost what happened with my red hook color until my local sales rep stepped in and ended up shipping to my small local shop instead of a big dealer that was lower on the order list.
Yes.. I'm aware of all that. He was at the shop and they told him the only one available was the acid pink at the moment... but I wan't sure if the grafitti had actually already come through and sold out.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

As far as I know they have never done a 2nd batch in a color so when a color is gone it’s gone. That’s what I ran into with the warranty replacement on my blue frame. If you have a warranty issue good luck getting a color you would actually want to replace it because you are at the very back of the line when it comes to picking a new color. Kind of lame when they make the same amount of frames in a color everyone wants as they do in the unpopular colors that they end up having a lot of stock leftover. Would be nice if specialized just did a project one type set up where they list the current colors available and you can actually order and get what you want.

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:17 am

Yes.. I'm aware of all that. He was at the shop and they told him the only one available was the acid pink at the moment... but I wan't sure if the grafitti had actually already come through and sold out.
Yes, Grafitti was available back in fall, I saw the available stock list on the Specialized dealer site myself in late September. Likely sold out at this point unless a shop has one on hand. There is a way to find a dealer that has a specific model if you search Specialized’s site, but you’d probably need a Specialized sales rep to make any transfers between stores happen if it’s outside your geographical area.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

mvcap

by mvcap

@CrankAddictsRich try calling The Bike Lab in Oklahoma City as they still had that frame available as of a couple days ago

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

SpecializedColnago wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:32 am
As far as I know they have never done a 2nd batch in a color so when a color is gone it’s gone. That’s what I ran into with the warranty replacement on my blue frame. If you have a warranty issue good luck getting a color you would actually want to replace it because you are at the very back of the line when it comes to picking a new color. Kind of lame when they make the same amount of frames in a color everyone wants as they do in the unpopular colors that they end up having a lot of stock leftover. Would be nice if specialized just did a project one type set up where they list the current colors available and you can actually order and get what you want.
Yes... I understand. I'm not asking about a second batch. I was simply asking if the first batch had actually released. Last year, there were several colorways that we knew were coming before they had been released... I was wondering if this grafitti one was similar, in that Specialized had put it up on the site, but it hadn't been for sale yet. I haven't seen anyone post build pics or seen any other pics other than the marketing ones... but apparently it was released and is sold out. Maybe my friend will call around and see if any shops have one.. I don't know how motivated he is.

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:56 pm

Yes... I understand. I'm not asking about a second batch. I was simply asking if the first batch had actually released. Last year, there were several colorways that we knew were coming before they had been released... I was wondering if this grafitti one was similar, in that Specialized had put it up on the site, but it hadn't been for sale yet. I haven't seen anyone post build pics or seen any other pics other than the marketing ones... but apparently it was released and is sold out. Maybe my friend will call around and see if any shops have one.. I don't know how motivated he is.
As I've mentioned... it was released and it was available back in September. You can search the Specialized dealer network for one, but you can only do it 200 miles at a time.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/allez ... 471-134011

Just plug in the size, select the color, and put in a zip code. It will show you any shops in Specialized's dealer network that are showing one in stock. This is assuming they are reporting their inventory correctly to Specialized. I did find one of the ones I was looking for at a shop locally, only to find it was already sold and they hadn't sent their updated info to Specialized in several weeks.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

The best way to figure out when a color has actually released is to search #allezsprint on instagram.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

I know of a brand new Grafiti and a brand new Chameleon in 56 in Australia

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

Your shops in Australia seem to buy them all up before anyone else has a chance and then they end up hanging on the wall for a while. I’m always a little jealous when I see a line up off all of the various colors still in stock at Australian shops on Instagram.

hanakuso1

by hanakuso1

I just wish they would bring back the red hook colorway.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

We can only buy what stock the distributor specs. Sometimes we get lucky on volume, sometimes not. The RHC and Sagan were short stocked here.

Using Tapatalk

danridesbikes

by danridesbikes

is it possible to get the vias bars & stem working on this frame?

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

danridesbikes wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:35 pm
is it possible to get the vias bars & stem working on this frame?
Having just read through two chapters of the ViAS assembly manual, I’m gonna say no. Stem won’t really mate up with the frame, won’t be able to run internal shift or rear brake. Can’t run front brake internally without the ViAS fork, which those rear mounted integrated brakes probably won’t work with the Sprint downtube.

The bars on the other hand, you can just get some Specialized Aerofly bars, same as the ViAS except they don’t have the cutout in the mounting area for the internal cable routing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

I own and work on both and there is not a hope in hell that it will function properly.

Using Tapatalk