201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Sock3t wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:47 am
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:34 pm
Good luck with it... as I said, it shouldn't be creaking. I have thousands of miles on mine and friends with a bunch as well, all creak free.
Well, I pulled the BB, cleaned it really well, then applied anti-sieze as Praxis recommends. It creaked on my 3 hour ride today the whole time. Worse on the right side when putting power down. I've been through it all - we blamed the cleats, pedals, and skewers. Essentially the bike has all new parts but the BB, and it creaked before all the new parts.

I dropped it off at my amazing local bike shop asking for a fix.
Well, hopefully they get it sorted.
IrrelevantD wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:48 am
Never was a huge fan of the matte black logo and letering. Decided it was time to personalize it. My wife got a Cricut, so I borrowed it and got some vinyl that was a little more personal to my family.
(please ignore the lack of proper valve stem placement and dirty chainring)

That looks great. Love it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelzqc

by wheelzqc

Any difference in the frame with the frameset option and COMP build ? I don't see one but price looks pretty good for the build if you already don't have the parts ... :noidea: It's not as flashy and original the COMP but a "tuxedo look" could be classy.

Sock3t

by Sock3t

wheelzqc wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:31 pm
Any difference in the frame with the frameset option and COMP build ? I don't see one but price looks pretty good for the build if you already don't have the parts ... :noidea: It's not as flashy and original the COMP but a "tuxedo look" could be classy.
Not any different. Mine was originally a comp. It's been an excellent bike to ride and race.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

wheelzqc wrote:
Nope... comp, expert, etc just refer to the build level.... Comp is usually a 105 bike. Expert is usually Ultegra. Elite is usually Tiagra and sport might be Claris/Sora. On carbon bikes, the lower tier models might use a lower grade of carbon, requiring more carbon to achieve the desired stiffness and therefore more weight, but this is not the case with the Allez Sprint bikes.

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

wheelzqc wrote:
One difference... built bikes with 24mm spindles come with differnet bottom brackets (I think thread togehter Praxis). Frameset comes with a pair of Enduro 6806 LLBs and two split rings. Not sure what built bikes with 30mm spindles come with, but from the spec sheet, looks like a pair of Praxis 6806.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

Sock3t

by Sock3t

IrrelevantD wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:00 pm
wheelzqc wrote:
One difference... built bikes with 24mm spindles come with differnet bottom brackets (I think thread togehter Praxis). Frameset comes with a pair of Enduro 6806 LLBs and two split rings. Not sure what built bikes with 30mm spindles come with, but from the spec sheet, looks like a pair of Praxis 6806.
My pre-built bike did not come with a thread-together Bottom bracket. It came with metal conversion pieces that pressed into the bearings.

wheelzqc

by wheelzqc

So it comes with with bb30? I was thinking of fitting my Hollowgram Si... not matchy, but light and stiff (and stages.)

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

Sock3t wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:01 pm
My pre-built bike did not come with a thread-together Bottom bracket. It came with metal conversion pieces that pressed into the bearings.
Ouch. Maybe they've changed it over the years, but I'd swear I've seen thread together on the one with the 105 cranks at some point. But then... I'm the same guy who couldn't remember putting the plastic compression ring back into my headset (I actually pulled the stem back off to check it to verify I was going crazy and it was actually in there).
wheelzqc wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:10 pm
So it comes with with bb30? I was thinking of fitting my Hollowgram Si... not matchy, but light and stiff (and stages.)
Yes. I still have mine sitting unused in a drawer in my garage. I went and took a look at them before posting, which is how I was so specific about it.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

projectrichie

by projectrichie

I wondering if anyone is running rotor 3d plus cranks on their allez sprint? I bought a second hand and it came with a pf4630 bb and 11.5mm. Does anyone know if i can take out my bb30 and replace it with pf4630 rotor bb?

Currently trying to source another 11.5mm spacer for nds... but the previous guy ran pf4630 in his cervelo with one 11.5mm on drive side

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

IrrelevantD wrote:
wheelzqc wrote:
This is NOT true... the frames themselves are the same with OSBB bottom bracket shells. The bikes that come with 24mm spindle cranks do have a screw together adapter, but the frames are the same.

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:11 pm
IrrelevantD wrote:
wheelzqc wrote:
This is NOT true... the frames themselves are the same with OSBB bottom bracket shells. The bikes that come with 24mm spindle cranks do have a screw together adapter, but the frames are the same.
Isn’t that what I said? They come with different bottom bracket bearings. I said nothing about the shell.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I guess so.... but the way your wrote it seemed to me to be clouding the OP's question. he was asking about the framesets... was there any difference between the frame sets if you buy the frame only vs. a complete and there isn't... the way you worded that reply it sounded as if you were saying there was to me. He's asking about the frame, not the bearings.

fizzaz

by fizzaz

projectrichie wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:50 pm
I wondering if anyone is running rotor 3d plus cranks on their allez sprint? I bought a second hand and it came with a pf4630 bb and 11.5mm. Does anyone know if i can take out my bb30 and replace it with pf4630 rotor bb?

Currently trying to source another 11.5mm spacer for nds... but the previous guy ran pf4630 in his cervelo with one 11.5mm on drive side
Yes, I have a 3d+ p2max on mine with bb30 bearings. No issues so far, but i'll probably slap in a bbinfinite anyways.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

It's a 42mm shell. They are designed to take a 6806 bearing with circlips.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

dcorn

by dcorn

Same here, I just pulled out a BB30 Sram Red crank and replaced with a Rotor 3D+ crank with P2M. It was a direct swap and the only thing in the frame is circlips and pressed in BB30 bearings.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com