201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

I'm sorry, wasn't saying anything was wrong with the bike. Just knew companies revamp a bike every few years and the original sprint came out in 2015 if I remember correctly. Sorry, carry on with new paint jobs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

Monkeyfudger wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:39 pm
What needs revamping on it? Is it any wonder that we get new standards etc constantly when all some consumers care about is “what’s next”.
I was thinking along the same lines as you on this, but if I had to come up with things I'd like to see...
ViAS fork, better internal cabling and Di2 support for the rim brake version assuming they continue to offer it (currently frameset only). Honestly, I don't even know that I'd care about the ViAS fork other than it offers full internal cable routing for the rear brake and shift cables. Because you know... aero is king, marginal gains, bla bla bla.

That and the lack of official Di2 support for the rim brake version have been my only major complaints. I really haven't considered the disc version as where I live (Dallas/Ft Worth), it's so flat that the only time you really need disc is when it's really wet.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

cajun22

by cajun22

Hi, just wanted to share my build. I formerly ride mountian bikes and just switched to road cycling so I would most likely be considered a noob in road bikes. Thanks to weight weenies forum and especially this thread, managed to find out a lot about roadbikes hence sharing my build here to show my appreciation for all the information I got form here.

Allez Sagan Overexposed edition
Sworks Aerofly 2 bars
Beast stem
Sworks Romin Saddle carbon rails
Ultegra Di2
Carbon Ti chainrings
Hope RX4 brakes
Carbon Ti 160mm rotors
Rolf Ares 4/6 custom with zero ceramic bearings and Ti hubshell
Ceramicspeed BB
Ceramicspeed OSPW
Look Ceramic Ti TDF pedals
Wahoo Element Roam bike computer

total weight is 7.8kg

Warnsey

by Warnsey

Beautiful build!

Visus

by Visus

Do you have any rubbing with the RX4 Brakes? Had a hard time setting them up. Can get them quiet but from time to time they start rubbing again

cajun22

by cajun22

Thanks Warnsey and Crankaddict, will probably get a full carbon for my next bike.

Visus, I have ridden 3 times for the past week and so far so good for the brakes, really happy with the stopping power and silent operation. my mech did share that when paired with SRAM, they do give some issues.

ToughInTheStreets

by ToughInTheStreets

Woah, that's some first build .

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Size 52?

That's some determination to stick with aluminum frameset.
Most people with that kind of budget would sacrifice ceramic speed, carbon stem, carbon ti rings and discs, Hope RX4 to get Tarmac frame instead of Allez.
But that doesn't sound as ludicrusly exciting as cajun22's build.

cajun22

by cajun22

yup , size 52. I am 1.76m with a inseam of 76cm. Iam uisng 100mm stems with 10mm spacer below the stem. I actually wanted the tarmac but couldnt get the color that I liked so I chose the allez and will probably wait until the 2020 colors for tarmac to be out and maybe change to that

jakebson

by jakebson

Will be going back to black tape soon.

Build Specs:
58cm
Ultegra Shifters, RD, FD 11-28 Cassette
Sram Rival Brakes with no logos
Specialized Carbon Crankset 172.5 52/36
Specialized Power Arc Expert saddle
Specialized Aerofly 42cm bars with 110mm stem
Wheelset is 38mm Farsports rims laced to Bitex hubs 20/24 with Sapim Laser/Race spokes
KEO Classic pedals

Jake

Hexsense

by Hexsense

cajun22 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:02 am
I actually wanted the tarmac but couldnt get the color that I liked so I chose the allez and will probably wait until the 2020 colors for tarmac to be out and maybe change to that
You might as well keep the Allez for a complete year. Model year 2021 that will release late 2020 supposed to be Tarmac's round of update. Wait and go straight to 2021 model should be better than update to Tarmac 2017's 2020 color.

rsz

by rsz

Hey guys,

Does anyone having any insight regarding tire clearance with their Allez Sprints w/ Dura Ace 9000?

Thanks in advance!

Stendhal

by Stendhal

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:24 pm
Nice... you set the bar high for your first road bike.
You sure did...very quick learner on bike builds...this is a good forum :up:
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

rsz wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:03 am
Hey guys,

Does anyone having any insight regarding tire clearance with their Allez Sprints w/ Dura Ace 9000?

Thanks in advance!
What do you mean? Clearance for what component and on what frame size?

I’m not aware of any clearance issues with any Shimano components, but without more info, we really can’t help you.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com