201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jfranci3

by jfranci3

check your stem spacers. you probably have one sitting wrong.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

morganb

by morganb

Quency wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:31 am
Can anyone recommend headset options for the Allez Sprint (sz 56cm)? Current stock headset is looking (and feeling) quite worn so looking for a replacement asap.

I've done the headset fit finder on Cane Creek and is says:
Upper Headset: IS 41/28.6
Lower Headset: IS 49/37
Struggling to find options to suit. Is going through specialized my only option?

In Aus btw so if online purchase need to consider postage here.
You have to go through Specialized. It isn't a true IS headset, more of a hybrid IS/ZS design. You have to press in the top bearing.

Quency

by Quency

jfranci3 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:53 am
check your stem spacers. you probably have one sitting wrong.
I pulled the bottom bearing apart to regrease and the bearing race is visibly worn. definitely needs replacing
morganb wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:54 am
You have to go through Specialized. It isn't a true IS headset, more of a hybrid IS/ZS design. You have to press in the top bearing.
Thanks. Off to the bike shop i go....

thorerik

by thorerik

My allez Sprint is now equipped with Shimano 6800 crankset. Somehow i feel the DS crank is to close to the frame, so i have to change the angle of my leg to not touch the FD. Was wondering if i maybe need some additional washers between crank and BB.

If anyone can do me a favor and measure the distanse from largest cog to the frame, i would appreciate it.

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

thorerik wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:57 am
My allez Sprint is now equipped with Shimano 6800 crankset. Somehow i feel the DS crank is to close to the frame, so i have to change the angle of my leg to not touch the FD. Was wondering if i maybe need some additional washers between crank and BB.

If anyone can do me a favor and measure the distanse from largest cog to the frame, i would appreciate it.
What’s bottom bracket do you have? Most external bearing press fit bearings should be fine, maybe a 1mm spacer, but that shouldn’t make a huge difference on your foot clearing the FD. If you’re using adapter inserts to fit the 24mm spindle in a BB30 bearing, that’s a different story. Can you post a pic and something details about the BB setup you’re running?
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

thorerik

by thorerik

Im using adapter insert to fit 24mm spindle in BB30 bearings.
May that be causing trouble?

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

thorerik wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:58 pm
Im using adapter insert to fit 24mm spindle in BB30 bearings.
May that be causing trouble?
It’s possible. I just measured my big ring to chainstay and it’s roughly 1cm (used a tape measure, so give or take 2mm). Could be the spacer you’re using is too narrow, but I would think that would lead to issues with the NDS crank arm not being on snug enough and problems getting the FD setup properly. Posting some good pics might help. I’d say from the underside of the BB would probably be best.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

dwift

by dwift

New Sprint colors posted here including the "leaked" dot pattern pink variant:

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/allez ... 212-154236

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

dwift wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:15 pm

I like these, but I really like the Disc frameset colors better. Especially that blue with the woodgrain/plad fork. If I didn't have 3 sets of rim brake wheels (and 2 more for my canti cross bike) I'd be tempted.

marsbe

by marsbe

How long until we get new disc frame colors?

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

dwift wrote:

This one is screaming at you - dress me up with Campagnolo :thumbup:
I may just do that :)

Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

pyrahna

by pyrahna

marsbe wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:31 am
How long until we get new disc frame colors?
Ummmm....these frames came out about a month ago.....my guess would be about 10-11 months before new colors will come out.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

mpulsiv wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:33 am
dwift wrote:

This one is screaming at you - dress me up with Campagnolo :thumbup:
I may just do that :)

While they’ll sell the hell out of them, they shoulda left it country neutral “tricolor” to grab Mexican and Tijikistanian sales like they do with red/white/blue

sockpuppet

by sockpuppet

IrrelevantD wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:18 pm

I like these, but I really like the Disc frameset colors better. Especially that blue with the woodgrain/plad fork. If I didn't have 3 sets of rim brake wheels (and 2 more for my canti cross bike) I'd be tempted.
Get the disc frame, you won't be disappointed :)

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

sockpuppet wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:56 pm
Get the disc frame, you won't be disappointed :)
As much as I want to, I've had this one for less than a year, and then I have to buy new wheels. My wife would never go for it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com