201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KWalker

by KWalker

I like the concept. A few local guys have been riding and racing them 24/7 and a few have quite a few other bikes to choose from so it can't be that awful.

What is the CAAD12 frame priced at? The geo on this looks pretty attractive and if its even slightly more aero is a great race platform for a lot of riders. I never felt the CAAD10 was too harsh.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

i like the 2x setup, but the gulf paint job needs to go. =(

sawyer

by sawyer

KWalker wrote:The E5 frames were awful. Not all that stiff and rode as if they were.

Hi - not sure if this was in part in response to my post above, but anyway, for clarity I was referencing the original E5 Aerotec of the Cippollini era, which was a great frame

I can't see the progress from Specialized, though like the fact there are a few high end alloy options out there now
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I have to agree with Sawyer. I had an 03 S-Works E5 that was awesome. I'm still a bit bummed that I cracked it. Now it's hanging on a wall in my office at work. And I would put it ahead of the Caad 9 that replaced it.

53x12

by 53x12

KWalker wrote:What is the CAAD12 frame priced at? The geo on this looks pretty attractive and if its even slightly more aero is a great race platform for a lot of riders. I never felt the CAAD10 was too harsh.

I am a long time Cannondale + CAAD owner. Personally, I'm not really that interested in the new CAAD 12. Just doesn't get me excited (maybe a test ride would change that).

But if I was going to replace my CAAD10, I would give a strong look at the Allez Sprint over the CAAD 12.

Re: frameset pricing of the CAAD12, I haven't seen anything official yet. But I would assume it would be similar to the CAAD10.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Tom14

by Tom14

kgt wrote:I agree that the super aero seat tube - seatpost, on this frame, is 100% marketing. Almost a joke. A normal round 27,2mm seatpost would provide a much better ride.

I agree, and that's why I think I will stick with my current Allez Smartweld. And I also like the riding qualities of it.

But the Allez Sprint looks good, and I like the bottombracket!

Horze

by Horze

nathanong87 wrote:i like the 2x setup, but the gulf paint job needs to go. =(

No Nates, no.

That's a color scheme full of character.

We ought to be seeing more radical paint schemes coming from the major manufacturers. Just to show how radicalized one has become when riding their bike. Yes that buzz word, "radicalized"!!
7x Forum Racing Ban Champion.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

..........what?

Horze

by Horze

How about RTFT?
7x Forum Racing Ban Champion.

MarkTwain

by MarkTwain

kgt wrote:I agree that the super aero seat tube - seatpost, on this frame, is 100% marketing. Almost a joke. A normal round 27,2mm seatpost would provide a much better ride.

So you've ridden it? Or have some solid data to support this?

While you're at it, keen to also see the data to show that you need to get in to the drops to be aero. And that LW don't "suck" in terms of aerodynamics.

jeffcoles

by jeffcoles

Where was the pic of the 2x Allez found? Specialized told me that they had no immedite plans to build this Allez in a 2x, only 1x.

kgt

by kgt

MarkTwain you don't have to test every single thing in order to make a comment on its expected performance. You just need to have a certain experience. After 23 years of riding steel, alu and carbon frames, wheels and components I can evaluate some things while you can only trust a company's marketing department.

Anyway you don't have to follow me that close. It gets annoying...

MarkTwain

by MarkTwain

For an engineer that's quite a stunning position. But I'll keep it in mind next time you rubbish someone who does not believe a brand you hold dear is no good. As you do with Cipollini, Lightweight, etc.

And don't flatter yourself. I read the forum. You post baseless comments all over the place. This was the third within a month, so felt it time to speak up. And that, good sir, is a fact.

Svetty

by Svetty

MarkTwain wrote:For an engineer that's quite a stunning position. But I'll keep it in mind next time you rubbish someone who does not believe a brand you hold dear is no good. As you do with Cipollini, Lightweight, etc.

And don't flatter yourself. I read the forum. You post baseless comments all over the place. This was the third within a month, so felt it time to speak up. And that, good sir, is a fact.

All true but I wouldn't waste your effort - he's immune to reason..... :roll: :roll: :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

KGT is one of the most worthless posters. And coming from me that is saying a lot.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike