201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Beancouter

by Beancouter

I was in Encinitas CA on business a few weeks ago and one of the stores there had a couple in stock (think it was Ride cyclery).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eins4eins

by eins4eins

thanks for all the info. things seem to work different in the US than here in germany though.
i want to spend money but neither several bigger stores nor specialized themself took care. i don't know if there are better informed reps or if stock at dealers is reported back here as well. If so, i would've expected them to tell me or show some other kind of iniative or support, but they did do nothing besides telling me that they don't know anything and to try again in a few months.
feels like they couldn't care less about selling a 1k$ frame. so no allez sprint for me, as i don't feel brownnosing a dealer that doesn't care is worth it. limited edition or not.

AyBee

by AyBee

danridesbikes wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:23 pm
theres a seatpost on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282988249218
That's a 20mm setback, not the 0mm I'm looking for :)

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Did they actually make/sell a 0mm setback seat post. I don't beleive I've even seen one. I have a 1st gen. Venge and I don't beleive they ever made a 0mm seatpost for that bike. I had a friend that wanted a Venge badly but he could not get fit to work with the normal seatpost and there was no 0mm option. He researched extensively.

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:17 pm
Did they actually make/sell a 0mm setback seat post. I don't beleive I've even seen one. I have a 1st gen. Venge and I don't beleive they ever made a 0mm seatpost for that bike. I had a friend that wanted a Venge badly but he could not get fit to work with the normal seatpost and there was no 0mm option. He researched extensively.
As I recall, our post is from the ViAS (not sure if it’s the same as the 1st gen Venge), and there are 0mm and 35mm posts available. Not sure about online shops in the US, but I bet a good S dealer could order one.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

pyrahna

by pyrahna

IrrelevantD wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:16 pm
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
As I recall, our post is from the ViAS (not sure if it’s the same as the 1st gen Venge), and there are 0mm and 35mm posts available. Not sure about online shops in the US, but I bet a good S dealer could order one.
You are correct the seatpost is from the VIAS. That post is not compatible w/ the post from the 1st generation Venge.

AyBee

by AyBee

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Indeed they do: https://www.bike24.com/p2183328.html

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

duplicate
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Hmmm... I'd say just order it there then. It's not listed on the Specialzied corporate website which makes me think they don't have much stock or plan on making more.

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:36 pm
Hmmm... I'd say just order it there then. It's not listed on the Specialzied corporate website which makes me think they don't have much stock or plan on making more.
Are you looking on their public site or the dealer site? There are a lot of parts that dealers can get if you give them the part number that aren’t listed on the public site.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I'm on the public site... but my general experience is that if it isn't listed there, the dealer can't actually order it. They may show it on their site, but when they actually order it, the order gets kicked back.

lyj0715

by lyj0715

I love the colors of these bikes. I like the chromic colors

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:25 pm
I'm on the public site... but my general experience is that if it isn't listed there, the dealer can't actually order it. They may show it on their site, but when they actually order it, the order gets kicked back.
Odd, I haven’t had that issue, though, I’ve only really ordered small frame parts like port covers, Di2 battery mounts, etc that aren’t listed on the public site. Never hurts to try. I have ordered from Bike24 before though and aside from the customs delay and some minor issues with getting the payment to go through due to EU and US address field differences, wasn’t an unpleasant experience.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

IrrelevantD wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:50 pm

Odd, I haven’t had that issue, though, I’ve only really ordered small frame parts like port covers, Di2 battery mounts, etc that aren’t listed on the public site. Never hurts to try. I have ordered from Bike24 before though and aside from the customs delay and some minor issues with getting the payment to go through due to EU and US address field differences, wasn’t an unpleasant experience.
I was ordering stuff for my Shiv.... well, having my shop order stuff. Thier dealer website was showing parts, but when they actually tried to order, they weren't able to fulfill.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

pyrahna wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:10 pm
IrrelevantD wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:46 pm
jfranci3 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:53 pm
Are those paint jobs vinyl wraps or paint?
Paint
Does anyone know how they actualy paint some of these frames?

The leopard print fork looks like a vinyl wrap under a clear coat, but the '17 RHC frame has multiple layers of color. I got a small scratch on the inside of my chainstay and it just shows the next color down. You also can feel the paint thickness changes through the clearcoat when you rub your finger over it. It looks like they masked it and painted it, masked it and painted, rinse repeat....but that would have taken forever and cost a boatload in relatively skilled time.
On my Red Hook its all really thin decals that make up the graphics not masked and painted, the only parts that are painted are the base coat that fades from color to color. If you look at the bottom of the bike you can see where they wrapped an entire sheet of the printed decals around the tubes and thats why their is a seam between the two edges that they wanted on the bottom of the tubes so they would be less exposed. They would be losing $3k each bike easily if they hand masked and painted each indiviual color. if you look really closely at the colorful decals you can tell they were printed by the tiny dots that make up the entire colored portions.