201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

spartan wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:02 pm
campy uses much better brake pads. the ultimate rim brake caliper is the 9100. a little heavy. massive power/stiffness/modulation.
No, Dura Ace brakes even with Kool Stop salmon pads don't have massive power/stiffness/modulation. I thought it could not get any better, untl I switched to Campagnolo sleleton brakes. I dedicated miles on different terrain on Dura Ace brakes and my budget Campagnolo Potenza (e.g. compatible with Shimano pads) with same wheels, swapping back and forth numerous times. I was blown away with stopping power of Campagnolo brakes, almost went over the bar, ridicoulous stopping power and ideal modulation.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikesrdangerousmmk

by bikesrdangerousmmk

mpulsiv wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:31 pm
spartan wrote:
campy uses much better brake pads. the ultimate rim brake caliper is the 9100. a little heavy. massive power/stiffness/modulation.
No, Dura Ace brakes even with Kool Stop salmon pads don't have massive power/stiffness/modulation. I thought it could not get any better, untl I switched to Campagnolo sleleton brakes. I dedicated miles on different terrain on Dura Ace brakes and my budget Campagnolo Potenza (e.g. compatible with Shimano pads) with same wheels, swapping back and forth numerous times. I was blown away with stopping power of Campagnolo brakes, almost went over the bar, ridicoulous stopping power and ideal modulation.
How much would want for your old Potenza brakes in the parts bin now that you upgraded to chorus? :wink:

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

bikesrdangerousmmk wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:39 pm
mpulsiv wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:31 pm
spartan wrote:
How much would want for your old Potenza brakes in the parts bin now that you upgraded to chorus? :wink:
I have no intention to upgrade to Chorus/Record :) Potenza is the same performance and actually has an advantage over Chorus/Record, because it's compatible with Shimano pads (e.g. Kool Stop salmon). Switching to Campagnolo never crossed my mind, until I picked up Scirocco wheels. Who knew that budget $300 wheels could be so stiff and climb that well.
You can pickup Potenza brakes for $51 www.excelsports.com/main.asp?page=8&des ... tQQAvD_BwE

I'm waiting on 2019 Allez Sprint disc to see whether routing will be cleaner and electronic compatible. I hope Shimano hydro can impress me. If not, I'm picking up Tarmac rim frame and building with mechanical Potenza and Bora 35 wheels :thumbup:
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

Datmo

by Datmo

New Allez Sprint Sagan (non disc).
Attachments
EA2C6D97-08B5-4E8B-98D3-3E0AE832A826.jpeg

bikesrdangerousmmk

by bikesrdangerousmmk

Looks great.

Datmo

by Datmo

Is this also a new colourway with the reflective rainbow decals from the newly released Tarmac Disc Pro?
Attachments
A2FD5CBE-520B-4986-80B3-783ADAD0593F.jpeg

Sock3t

by Sock3t

Wow, I'm in love.

mvcap

by mvcap

This is a 2019 color? Didn't know they had been released/announced yet...?

Datmo

by Datmo

mvcap wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:28 am
This is a 2019 color? Didn't know they had been released/announced yet...?
The Sagan frame is. Unsure of the black one.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

No new colors have been added to the dealer website in the US yet as of a few hours ago. Wierd how they already have one out in the wild and it’s not even listed on the dealer page to order for later delivery yet. Usually they have them on the page with a ship date of at least a few months later.

boudreauxnola

by boudreauxnola

SpecializedColnago wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:20 pm
No new colors have been added to the dealer website in the US yet as of a few hours ago. Wierd how they already have one out in the wild and it’s not even listed on the dealer page to order for later delivery yet. Usually they have them on the page with a ship date of at least a few months later.

How do you find the dealer website to preview colors?

boudreauxnola

by boudreauxnola

Nvm, just read the post again. I thought it said new colors had been added.

steveb77

by steveb77

It's not an Allez Sprint, but it is an '18 Allez E5 Elite and it's basically stock bar the wheels and tyres, but it's rather nice in the Red Hook ltd edition colours I think

mutellator

by mutellator

Sagan edition Allez Sprint Disc
all.JPG

pyrahna

by pyrahna

mutellator wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:24 pm
Sagan edition Allez Sprint Disc

all.JPG
That's a Tarmac Disc, it's on their website now. Allez sprint Disc models have not even been announced to dealers yet as far as I know. But it might be the worst kept secret in a while.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com