201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KWalker

by KWalker

Geo tables?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

53x12

by 53x12

KWalker wrote:Geo tables?

Internet + Specialized.com.

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/ ... t#geometry

Calnago wrote:Sometimes I wonder if frame designers even consider the whole package and the consequences of their design when everything is built up and has to be ridden. Not sure how they're going to avoid some really nasty cable bends going into that rear brake. Result: Nasty braking.

"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sawyer

by sawyer

Is any of this really a step forward on the original E5 Aerotec frameset?

Which was <1200g and stiff as a dog's kn0b

The ride quality is most likely a step backwards with that post vs a 27.2mm effort ...
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

comfort? this bike only has to last for a 1 hour crit, and i can hit the ice bath.

romalor

by romalor

how to sell aluminium at indecent prices ...

tranzformer

by tranzformer

^ Have to pay for your fancy wind tunnel and stay a $500 million company somehow. Plus rent ain't cheap in Morgan Hill.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

53x12 wrote:
Calnago wrote:Sometimes I wonder if frame designers even consider the whole package and the consequences of their design when everything is built up and has to be ridden. Not sure how they're going to avoid some really nasty cable bends going into that rear brake. Result: Nasty braking.

Ok, I guess that works, as long as the cable doesn't rub the thigh. Bends are not extreme, so all good.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Whoever built that up made the housing too long though. It could be cleaner... and lighter.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

KWalker

by KWalker

The E5 frames were awful. Not all that stiff and rode as if they were.

This has pretty thin seatstays and a ton of carbon in the post. It won't be a dream, but I doubt its god awful.

WW=Shit on Specialized for no good reason. Yet we praise the CAAD and every other AL bike. This bike actually does something interesting with AL for a cohort that can benefit from it. These will sell like hot cakes because Speci seems somewhat in tune with what their constituents want. There are dozens of Venges in every field in every race I did this year and people will have no issue buying these up instead since they will be cheaper especially at the bro discount that almost everyone seems to get. If you price it at 30% off or 25% its a damn good deal for a dedicated race bike.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

tranzformer

by tranzformer

WW's aren't the only ones that shit on Specialized in the cycling community. Plus Specialized over active law department doesn't help their cause out. Especially when threatening to sue a bike shop in Canada because they used the term 'Roubaix' for their shop name while Specialized doesn't even own the trademark to the term 'Roubaix' since it is Fuji! Lol. Not to mention the way Specialized treats small bike shops. Fcuk Specialized.

deek

by deek

wpccrunner wrote:Can't say much for the aesthetics of that frame. IMO the new Giant Propel ALR looks much better

http://www.bikerumor.com/2015/05/07/201 ... o-reality/

I really wish this frame was available in the US.

53x12

by 53x12

deek wrote:I really wish this frame was available in the US.

+1. :beerchug: Can't really add anything to that. Was super excited when I saw and read about the Propel ALR. Was super sad when I learned that Giant wouldn't bring it to the USA.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

HeluvaSkier

by HeluvaSkier

Does anyone else find it strange that the best aluminum frames never make it to the US? The only high end option we seem to get is the CAAD (12 looks awesome). Giant doesn't bring the OD2 and internal cable routing version of the TCR SLR, the Propel ALR will not be here, Specialized will not bring the Allez Sprint... and then there's Canyon. Is the US consumer market too obsessed with carbon bikes, or do companies simply have a better market for more expensive bikes in the states? Genuinely curious...

53x12

by 53x12

^ The Specialized Allez Sprint is being sold in the USA market. It is on their website.

HeluvaSkier

by HeluvaSkier

^^Good to hear. i stand corrected.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com