201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

well I guess that's confirmation that disc is comming. Now they just need to give us internal Di2 routing.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

robeambro

by robeambro

As a person who doesn't know anything about it, I don't understand the fuss around the Allez.

Can somebody with a good heart fill me in on what makes this bike special? Is it just because it's one of the very few non-carbon aero frames? Or am I missing something, maybe it rides very well or?

morganb

by morganb

robeambro wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:27 pm
As a person who doesn't know anything about it, I don't understand the fuss around the Allez.

Can somebody with a good heart fill me in on what makes this bike special? Is it just because it's one of the very few non-carbon aero frames? Or am I missing something, maybe it rides very well or?
It rides and performs like a 3-4k carbon frame and its cheap enough to replace. Its also got fantastic handling. I have an SL5 and SL6 Tarmac, a custom Gunnar roadie, among other bikes, and end up on my Sprint most of the time. If you got to any race you will see tons of them for good reason. Its a bit heavy but worth it for the stiffness and its suprisingly comfortable.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

robeambro wrote:As a person who doesn't know anything about it, I don't understand the fuss around the Allez.

Shit hot fun at a dirt cheap price.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

robeambro

by robeambro

Thank you guys.

I guess I'll have to look into it, might as well consider it alongside other carbon alternatives! Well, once they release the disc.

romanmoser

by romanmoser

They would have to be really precise for the flat mount facing ...

I've a friend who 's a mech in a shop that sell Specialized amongs others brands
He 's a mtb racer who's quite good on the road too , sagan style kind of rider

He's ridden his allez sprint for at least 7000 8000km in 2018 and the bottom bracket has a play , out of tolerances or it has moved . First Specialized didn't wanted to warranty the frame and wanted him to rund a threaded BB30 to 24 or BB30 to GXP to fix the issues ...

So yes I hope they rise the QC and tolerances are lower in the future ...

On his new under warranty frame , the 0° seatpost is 5mm out of alignement too ...

rainerhq

by rainerhq

At least five of my friends with Spec bikes, had issues. Loose headset cups, cracked BB area, -seatstay, -chainstay.
All frames were replaced. Some of them got S Works frames, because it was quicker that way. All were carbon frames, not alu.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

romanmoser

by romanmoser

Don't take me wrong I love some of theirs products
- shoes
- saddle ( power )
- somes tires

but their frame and their arrogance is massive ... Here in Belgium and in France but I guess everywhere too , they have for the last 1 1,5 year really hardened the warranty process , you won't get as easily as before a warranty frame or saddle ( yes their sell break power ti :) ) ...

and they proudly say we are premium ...
what's premium is a brand that don't break as often ( even if they sold a ton I admit )

robertbb

by robertbb

Specialized? Premium? :lol:

mvcap

by mvcap

The thread preview pic in my Tapatalk app is showing a red Allez Sprint frameset with blue/chameleon seat stays, logo, and fork, but I see that pic nowhere in this thread.

I'm wondering where it went. Also, where does one find the newest color of frames coming out/available when they are not all displayed on the Specialized site? (understand some are continent-specific, but still....)

Thanks and look forward to seeing more of the latest

robertbb

by robertbb

Maybe Spesh are ensuring no pics come out for now.

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

Does anyone have aero stats on the Allez, like how it stacks up against other aero bikes?

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

CAAD8FRED wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:39 am
Does anyone have aero stats on the Allez, like how it stacks up against other aero bikes?
There's no official wind tunnel data for Allez Sprint. It exhibit ~ 15 seconds advantage in 40k over non-aero frame.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

moonoi

by moonoi

mpulsiv wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:12 am
CAAD8FRED wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:39 am
There's no official wind tunnel data for Allez Sprint. It exhibit ~ 15 seconds advantage in 40k over non-aero frame.
Specialized claim that it is more aero than the Gen1 Venge...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com