201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Pugrot

by Pugrot

2 quick queries for the WW Allez experts...

1. EE brakes on a 61cm will work?

2. Campag Ultratorque (specifically p2max) cranks will fit with BB30 cups?

Thanks in advance dudes...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itguy

by itguy

Pugrot wrote:2 quick queries for the WW Allez experts...

The EE brakes doesn't work for me. I'm running a 54cm frame

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

itguy wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:33 pm
Pugrot wrote:2 quick queries for the WW Allez experts...

The EE brakes doesn't work for me. I'm running a 54cm frame

I don't remember what thread or on what forum, but I do recall seeing somewhere that EE brakes will work on anything bigger than a 54. It was an Allez specific thread, but I'm not sure which one. Was either here or at Bikeforums.net. Might be able to find it with a search.

As for the BB, might check and see what Wheels Mfg. has. They generally have a bottom bracket for everything.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

IrrelevantD wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:58 pm

I don't remember what thread or on what forum, but I do recall seeing somewhere that EE brakes will work on anything bigger than a 54. It was an Allez specific thread, but I'm not sure which one. Was either here or at Bikeforums.net. Might be able to find it with a search.

As for the BB, might check and see what Wheels Mfg. has. They generally have a bottom bracket for everything.
I believe that it is in this thread.. somewhere around pages 26-28.

Pugrot

by Pugrot

Ok thanks, gonna check one out tonight, will take along the brake 👍

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

Any one heard any rumors about a redesign in the near future? Only a few things I can think of that I would like to see, including changing the way the cables run through the frame (particularly how they exit before the bottom bracket), and maybe direct mount brake options so that we can run EEs like they do on the new tarmacs in the rear with those angled adaptors. Really nitpicking id like to see a redesign of the seatpost clamp.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Wheel options ImageImageImage

Using Tapatalk

freehub

by freehub

SpecializedColnago wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:44 pm
Any one heard any rumors about a redesign in the near future? Only a few things I can think of that I would like to see, including changing the way the cables run through the frame (particularly how they exit before the bottom bracket), and maybe direct mount brake options so that we can run EEs like they do on the new tarmacs in the rear with those angled adaptors. Really nitpicking id like to see a redesign of the seatpost clamp.
Agree in particular on preferring direct mount rim brakes and also hate the single bolt seatpost clamp you mention.

freehub

by freehub

Pugrot wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:13 pm
2 quick queries for the WW Allez experts...

Question #2:
Campy UT cranks have a 25mm spindle and fixed bearings that are smaller and more outboard than BB30 which is what the Sprint frame is.
So Campy UT cranks need a conversion sleeve if you want to run them on Allez Sprint.

Best solution out there IMO is the Praxis conversion sleeve. which converts BB30 to Campy whereby Campy standard pressed on bearings run outside the BB shell per design intent.

Link:
https://praxiscycles.com/product/conv-bb-campagnolo/

LD001

by LD001

Looking forward to receiving my acid pink Allez Sprint 61. Was wondering if I can fit 28mm external width rims with 28mm tires. Hope someone can help me out.

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

LD001 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:05 pm
Looking forward to receiving my acid pink Allez Sprint 61. Was wondering if I can fit 28mm external width rims with 28mm tires. Hope someone can help me out.
Just out of curiosity, what 28mm rims do you have? That sounds more like 29" teritory than 700c.

As for your question, I have a set of HED Jet+ (~25mm at brake track) that fit just fine with 25mm tires. I don't think you'll have any clearance issues with 28mm rims, but 28mm tires on 28mm rims might be cutting it a bit close. I have put 28's on mine briefly just to see if they fit, but that was on slightly narrower rims, I think they were about 22mm outside. I want to say that the issue you may run into is vertical clearance in the front. A 28 on that wide of a rim might be too tall for the fork.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

TLN

by TLN

LD001 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:05 pm
My allez came with Roval CL64 wheels (29.9 ext width) and Turbo 24C tires. I'm running 26C tires now, and its quite tight fit. I've tried 30C when I got a bike, and believe I was unable to fit it. I can try 28c if you want, but it will be almot no clearance. Also, I'm running 61mc frame - might be even less clearance on smaller size
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

LD001

by LD001

Thanks TLN, that is helpfull.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robertbb

by robertbb

I'd like to see Spesh re-release the S-Works Allez DSW in non-sprint form. i.e. with a 27.2 seatpost, and using the updated s-works fork from the new tarmac. I'd be on one of those puppies like a fat kid on pie.