201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Mortecouille

by Mortecouille

Has Tour Magazin tested the new allez sprint?
Last edited by Mortecouille on Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my english

niftyz

by niftyz

Thought I'd chip in my build and weight

Allez Sprint 2022 Size 54 Water Effect Colour Way
Ultegra DI2 12s
Sigeyi Direct Mount Derailuer Hanger
52/36 Front Chainring
11/30 Casette
Roval Rapide Handlebar 40cm (Supacaz Bartape)
S-works Tarmac SL7 Stem - 110mm (Completely slammed and cut)
Shimano 105 SPD-SL Pedals
2x Normal Bontrager Cages (From previous bike)
JRC Components Wahoo Computer Mount with Bontrager Ion Front light mount below
Bontrager Ion 200 Rear Mounted on Seatpost
S-works Power Saddle (143mm Non mirror)
ENVE SES 5.6 - GP5000s TR 25mm tubeless setup
Total weight 8.4kg

4iiii left arm powermeter on the way but weight of that is negliable
Probably Darimo seatpost in the near future to further shave some weight

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

berest

by berest

Some new 2023 colors are coming :welcome:
https://specialized.com.cn/products/all ... 9895142593

Image.
Image.
Image.

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

If i want to put a sram red 10/11speed crank on my 2016 rim brake allez sprint, what bottom bracket i have to buy to fit it?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

rhender

by rhender

berest wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:40 pm
Some new 2023 colors are coming :welcome:
https://specialized.com.cn/products/all ... 9895142593

Image.
Image.
Image.
Niceeeeee the orange looks great.

romanmoser

by romanmoser

If the price don't go up i don't buy
it isn't a super bike otherwise good damn it

Vuong05

by Vuong05

For those that built up their 2022 Allez Sprint with Di2, did the frameset come with all the necessary Di2 grommets for your build? Mine only came with the rubber grommets, to plug the Di2 holes for a Sram Axis build.

It's the Di2 grommets for the front and rear derailleurs (part #s S159900006 and S209900054) that I'm missing. Will reach out to my LBS to see if they have these for my upcoming build.

Thanks.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

Jrsq270

by Jrsq270

Vuong05 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:33 pm
For those that built up their 2022 Allez Sprint with Di2, did the frameset come with all the necessary Di2 grommets for your build? Mine only came with the rubber grommets, to plug the Di2 holes for a Sram Axis build.

It's the Di2 grommets for the front and rear derailleurs (part #s S159900006 and S209900054) that I'm missing. Will reach out to my LBS to see if they have these for my upcoming build.

Thanks.
I had to respond to this. I'm bulding up my 22' Frame now. More then half of the small parts that are listed in the assembly manual as in the box(not the generic owners manual) are NOT in the box! I reached out to my LBS where I purchased the frame from. I listed all the part #'s and they contacted Specialized imediately. Specialized to my suprise had very few of the parts. And sent what they could. But basically told me "good luck" buying the rest! I have looked everywhere on line but sold out everywhere.
Similar to you I'm missing ALL the Di2 hardware. Including the seat post juntion box plate!

Not a good look by the big S! I have an S-works Tarmac, Crux E5. And was looking into a Diverge. NOT NOW! To ship an incomplete product is ridiculous. I'm hearing more and more of this with the Allez Sprint frames. Basically they did not have all the parts and said "screw them ship it anyway". They got my money. I waited 5 months for an incomplete frame.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Jrsq270 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:02 am
Vuong05 wrote:

Thanks.
I had to respond to this. I'm bulding up my 22' Frame now. More then half of the small parts that are listed in the assembly manual as in the box(not the generic owners manual) are NOT in the box! I reached out to my LBS where I purchased the frame from. I listed all the part #'s and they contacted Specialized imediately. Specialized to my suprise had very few of the parts. And sent what they could. But basically told me "good luck" buying the rest! I have looked everywhere on line but sold out everywhere.
Similar to you I'm missing ALL the Di2 hardware. Including the seat post juntion box plate!

Not a good look by the big S! I have an S-works Tarmac, Crux E5. And was looking into a Diverge. NOT NOW! To ship an incomplete product is ridiculous. I'm hearing more and more of this with the Allez Sprint frames. Basically they did not have all the parts and said "screw them ship it anyway". They got my money. I waited 5 months for an incomplete frame.
Yeah, thought so too. The front grommet for the Di2 cable port, might work with any generic Shimano Di2 cable grommet. The rear port is tiny, and might need a special grommet from Specialized.... which they don't have in stock. :roll:
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

JT508

by JT508

Vuong05 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:16 pm
Jrsq270 wrote:
Vuong05 wrote:

Thanks.

Yeah, thought so too. The front grommet for the Di2 cable port, might work with any generic Shimano Di2 cable grommet. The rear port is tiny, and might need a special grommet from Specialized.... which they don't have in stock. :roll:
Did someone found Specialized part number of the ''REAR DERAILLEUR GROMMET DI2'' for Allez Sprint 2022?

In the manual it's ''S159900006'' which is not the right one...

thanks

lowftp

by lowftp

Hmm, I just purchased an Allez Sprint frame, so I'm curious what 'jackpot' I'll end up with in the small parts box.

However, when I built up a Diverge frameset about a year ago it was missing some of the small parts (not on Specialized). I had luck calling/walking into local bike stores and asking if they had any laying around that I could buy or have. I was able to pick up most of what I needed. I also purchased a few things from AMain Cycling who seem to stock various small parts for Specialized.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

JT508 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:18 am
Vuong05 wrote:
Jrsq270 wrote:
Vuong05 wrote:

Thanks.

Did someone found Specialized part number of the ''REAR DERAILLEUR GROMMET DI2'' for Allez Sprint 2022?

thanks
Ok, now I'm confused. If S159900006 is not the right grommet for the rear deraileur, then what is the actual part # for the correct part?

JT508

by JT508

Vuong05 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:52 am
JT508 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:18 am
Vuong05 wrote:
Jrsq270 wrote:

thanks
Ok, now I'm confused. If S159900006 is not the right grommet for the rear deraileur, then what is the actual part # for the correct part?
Allez Sprint 2022 frame hole is alot smaller than Venge or SL7 one.. someone is a LBS found it?

Thank you

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

Does a SL7 sworks stem fit on a 2016 allez sprint?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jrsq270

by Jrsq270

Mcdeez wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:01 pm
Does a SL7 sworks stem fit on a 2016 allez sprint?

Yes it does. If you want complete "hidden cables" you will need to have a headset cover custom 3d printed. I think the file was shared a few pages ago. You will also need to purchase the spacer kit. AND, AND our buddies at Specialized DO NOT include the small "Stem Bat" which screws into the bottom of the stem when you purchase the stem!

And in our new episode in Specialized Build Parts Roulette. The DI2 battery seatpost installation grommets are not there! Again sold out world wide!

"BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!!!!" when you purchase the SL7 stem and the bar bat seperate AND the headset spacer kit......NOW not included is the HEADSET CAP! Guess what??????? You get to purchase that seperately!!! GEEEEEEE The Fun!

Also the grommet for the rear derailer Di2 that they have listed.....Once you buy it.....Suprise it is to big!!!! YEAH