201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PaulH

by PaulH

How light can you get these ? I’ve got mine to 7.49 kg with pedals mount and cages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JonnyBax

by JonnyBax

I've got a potentially dumb questions. I know the rear brake runs full cable housing thru the top tube, but do the FD and RD run full cable housings through the downtube as well?

I have had a frame for a while and just got an R8000 groupset delivered. The groupset was the last thing I was waiting for. It's my first build so any tips would be much appreciated!

Suby

by Suby

Here's my new-to-me Sprint. Purchased it used with a full mechanical 105 groupset, but swapped all my goodies to it. It has replaced a TCR disc and I'm loving every moment with it.

ImageAllez Sprint by Carl Castillo, on Flickr

56cm Acid Pink frame
SRAM Red eTap Wifli
Modded Shimano Sprint Shifters (better feel than Blips)
Wheels Manufacturing Ceramic BB
Origin8 Bolt Carbon Clinchers
Hutchinson Fusion 5 Performance 28c tires set up tubeless with Orange Seal
Ultegra R8000 11-30 cassette
Zipp SL Sprint 110mm stem
Enve 42cm Aero Handlebars
S-Works Romin Evo saddle
Dura Ace 9100 brake calipers
SwissStop Black Prince brake pads
Jagwire Road Elite Link brake cables
Dura Ace 9100 pedals
Supacaz Neon Pink Bartape
Cannondale C bottle cages
RecMount Garmin out front mount

I couldn't find my digital scale so I didn't get individual weights, but the full build comes in at 17lbs (as pictured). The bike is 80% complete; I'd love to upgrade to the new Enve 5.6 rim brake model and add a Quarq PM. I have the 5.6 Disc version and they are a great balance of weight/aero. I'd love to get it closer to 16lbs with the Enves, so I'll have to shave some more weight elsewhere. Any ideas? I'm thinking some lighter bottle cages, less sealant (currently have like 90ml in there since I use this as my commuter), and cutting up the steerer tube, and excess seat post...

PaulH

by PaulH

Pink looks really good , very close to my weight , I’d be interested if anybody has got this close to 7kg

Suby

by Suby

PaulH wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:49 am
Pink looks really good , very close to my weight , I’d be interested if anybody has got this close to 7kg

Thanks! It's definitely a head turner. I've received more compliments in the first week of commuting on it than I have in the two years on my Giant Propel and TCR. It's hard to capture the true color in pictures though; the Acid Pink washes out with any direct sunlight on it.

On a side note...

Does anyone know the part number for the shifter cable blanks along the downtube? I believe they share the same part as the older Venges. I asked my local Specialized rep, but he wasn't able to find it in their system and hasn't gotten back to me after a couple weeks.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

The pink is awesome, but I'm biased ;)
Waiting on my new one to show up :DImageImage
Using Tapatalk

Wookski

by Wookski

Nefarious86 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:50 pm
The pink is awesome, but I'm biased ;)
Waiting on my new one to show up :D
That's a wonderful hunk of shit

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Curious as to why you cant your levers so far inboard? Riding style? Comfort?
Never cheer before you know who is winning

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Suby wrote:Here's my new-to-me Sprint. Purchased it used with a full mechanical 105 groupset, but swapped all my goodies to it. It has replaced a TCR disc and I'm loving every moment with it.

ImageAllez Sprint by Carl Castillo, on Flickr

56cm Acid Pink frame
SRAM Red eTap Wifli
Modded Shimano Sprint Shifters (better feel than Blips)
Wheels Manufacturing Ceramic BB
Origin8 Bolt Carbon Clinchers
Hutchinson Fusion 5 Performance 28c tires set up tubeless with Orange Seal
Ultegra R8000 11-30 cassette
Zipp SL Sprint 110mm stem
Enve 42cm Aero Handlebars
S-Works Romin Evo saddle
Dura Ace 9100 brake calipers
SwissStop Black Prince brake pads
Jagwire Road Elite Link brake cables
Dura Ace 9100 pedals
Supacaz Neon Pink Bartape
Cannondale C bottle cages
RecMount Garmin out front mount

I couldn't find my digital scale so I didn't get individual weights, but the full build comes in at 17lbs (as pictured). The bike is 80% complete; I'd love to upgrade to the new Enve 5.6 rim brake model and add a Quarq PM. I have the 5.6 Disc version and they are a great balance of weight/aero. I'd love to get it closer to 16lbs with the Enves, so I'll have to shave some more weight elsewhere. Any ideas? I'm thinking some lighter bottle cages, less sealant (currently have like 90ml in there since I use this as my commuter), and cutting up the steerer tube, and excess seat post...
Was this an intentional downgrade/upgrade from TCR? I’m curious to hear more as I’m looking at brand TCR frame for $1500 and Allez Sprint for $1250.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

Sock3t

by Sock3t

wheelbuilder wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:55 am
That's a fit thing. It technically can shorten your reach when they're that way. Also a comfort thing; I generally run my slightly tilted it and I feel more in control in corners.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Sock3t wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:13 pm
wheelbuilder wrote:
That's a fit thing. It technically can shorten your reach when they're that way. Also a comfort thing; I generally run my slightly tilted it and I feel more in control in corners.
wouldn't the angle force your elbow out?
i ride my Enve SES aero 40cm which is 35.5cm on hood and flare out to 40 in drop on a bike. Which also having inward rotating shifters. And another bike with no flare bar. I feel like the Enve bar actually encourage me to chicken wing out my elbow while riding.

Sock3t

by Sock3t

Hexsense wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:41 pm
Sock3t wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:13 pm
wheelbuilder wrote:
wouldn't the angle force your elbow out?
i ride my Enve SES aero 40cm which is 35.5cm on hood and flare out to 40 in drop on a bike. Which also having inward rotating shifters. And another bike with no flare bar. I feel like the Enve bar actually encourage me to chicken wing out my elbow while riding.

I could see how it can cause you to chicken-wing. But it depends on how you hold the hoods. I hold them with my hands rotated a little further onto the out side, and my elbows are at the same location as if they were straight.

Suby

by Suby

mpulsiv wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:03 am

Was this an intentional downgrade/upgrade from TCR? I’m curious to hear more as I’m looking at brand TCR frame for $1500 and Allez Sprint for $1250.
In my short 2 years as a cyclist, I've been known to switch out my bikes often. A small part of the decision was due to it being "time to try something new" and because I missed the rawness of my old Propel Advanced SL. I loved how the Propel always felt like it wanted to be pushed and ridden fast, all the time. As most reviews suggested, it had a harsh ride but I never found that to be the issue. The TCR is a great all around bike, and the hydraulic disc brakes were phenominal, but I was never really "excited" when riding it. It felt a bit muted compared to the Propel, so I was hoping for something super stiff again. After doing some research, I felt like all the reviews of the Sprint matched up the the Propel. It's designed as a crit machine, so it defintely had the "Go Go Go Go" that I was looking for. AND the killer paint schemes definitely caught my attention.

All of that and........ I needed some spare money for my upcoming wedding :beerchug:

Suby

by Suby

morganb wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:43 pm

25mm tires will likely measure at least 30mm on those rims (23mm internal width) but they should fit. My 25mm Pro Ones on SL23s measure 30 and fit fine.
Hey,

Sorry for the delay, but for some reason I cannot reply to PMs; I dont see a button for it (I'm assuming my post count is too low...?).

Modifying the sprint shifters is easy, the hard part is justifying the cost because you'll need to purchase both the Sprint Shifters and Blips, and only use 50% of each, trashing the rest... I found both for fairly cheap on eBay, so in total I spent as much as a new pair of sprint shifters.

It's as simple as cutting, soldering two wires and heat shrinking them. There's no specific +/- wire, so it doesn't matter which two you solder together. Just make sure you solder the right ends together: Sprint Shifter switches to eTap connectors.

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

Had to throw some older bar tape on til I get some new ones. Anyways just finished getting my Sram Force groupo put on. So much better than shimano tiagra. Cant want to put some miles on it tomorrow. Only the g I want now is easton or sworks flat bars. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com