Page 5 of 116

Re: Assos apparel questions

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:30 am
by guyc
*he cast thigh aspersions*

MODERATORS ASSEMBLE

Re: Assos apparel questions

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:30 am
by Weenie

Re: Assos apparel questions

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:31 am
by ryanw
Don't hate on my demi-god'esque quads!

Re: Assos apparel questions

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:35 am
by guyc
Image

Re: Assos apparel questions

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:38 am
by ryanw
Topped out at 28.5" when I was still lifting heavy. Now a mere 25.5" due to not stepping foot in a gym for 2 years...

Anyway, ASSOS! Been looking at the new winter / thermo jersey they've just released. Look a lot less bulky than a Gabba.

Re: Assos apparel questions

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:44 am
by RTW
TonyM wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:22 pm
It seems that Assos is renewing its whole line after the arrival of the new Marketing Director....hence the sales that we see everywhere...
Wait wait wait.... that isn't the case.

Over the past 3 years we have renewed our entire line. It is done. S9 shorts come next year. Take a look at the website www.assos.com

What you are seeing here is product which is the Cento S7 jersey (last in collection in 2016). The skinfoils are also old product. Not that there is anything wrong with any of these items.

Condor's blog is out of date. The NeoPro is no more.

ASSOS product is in three camps:

Mille product - slightly relaxed cut, chamois a little further back for a more upright position on the bike. This is a complete range of high end product and our introduction to ASSOS.

Equipe product - aero product. More compressive and tighter fitting. The chamois is futher forward for a more aero position on the bike. More tech than Mille.

Cento / 113 - same fit as the Mille line, with textiles / tech from the Equipe line and then some.

Re: Assos apparel questions

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:47 am
by guyc
ryanw wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:38 am
Topped out at 28.5" when I was still lifting heavy. Now a mere 25.5" due to not stepping foot in a gym for 2 years...

Anyway, ASSOS! Been looking at the new winter / thermo jersey they've just released. Look a lot less bulky than a Gabba.
I'm a paltry 24" so you win regardless.

Re: Assos apparel questions

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:39 pm
by kode54
since the baselayers are old product...is there some kind of clarification on skinfoils?

there's a range of 1.4, 2.4, 3.4 and 4.4

then, there's the other range of 1.7 with seven being the confusing part.
RTW wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:44 am
TonyM wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:22 pm
It seems that Assos is renewing its whole line after the arrival of the new Marketing Director....hence the sales that we see everywhere...
Wait wait wait.... that isn't the case.

Over the past 3 years we have renewed our entire line. It is done. S9 shorts come next year. Take a look at the website www.assos.com

What you are seeing here is product which is the Cento S7 jersey (last in collection in 2016). The skinfoils are also old product. Not that there is anything wrong with any of these items.

Condor's blog is out of date. The NeoPro is no more.

ASSOS product is in three camps:

Mille product - slightly relaxed cut, chamois a little further back for a more upright position on the bike. This is a complete range of high end product and our introduction to ASSOS.

Equipe product - aero product. More compressive and tighter fitting. The chamois is futher forward for a more aero position on the bike. More tech than Mille.

Cento / 113 - same fit as the Mille line, with textiles / tech from the Equipe line and then some.

Re: Assos apparel questions

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:45 pm
by kode54
damn, and it took me awhile to transition from S5 to S7.

now, I have to start all over again. :D
agfu wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:05 am
The new Assos S9 have been launched!

https://www.assos.com/s9

Re: Assos apparel questions

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:27 pm
by kytyree
"Kratercooler"

I think they sell those at the truck stop here out by the interstate...

Re: Assos apparel questions

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:36 pm
by RTW
kode54 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:39 pm
since the baselayers are old product...is there some kind of clarification on skinfoils?

there's a range of 1.4, 2.4, 3.4 and 4.4

then, there's the other range of 1.7 with seven being the confusing part.
Years ago (literally, years) ASSOS defined temperature ranges into 7 different segments. This was before I joined the company (4 years ago in April).

This was too many. So now there is 4.

1.4 = Summer
2.4 = Spring / Fall
3.4 = Winter
4.4 = Deep Winter

With the old system it was the same. 1.7 was summer, 7.7 was deepest winter.

"Kratercooler" = Crater (like on the moon), cooler = as in cooling. It is a material with crater type holes unter the top layer.

Re: Assos apparel questions

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:03 pm
by LeDuke
Bought some S7s on SwissIconic.

Hoping the S7 USA version goes on sale soon with the announcement of the S9.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Assos apparel questions

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:35 pm
by kode54
much better and less confusing...although there's still quite a bit of 1.7 and others around online.

thx for the explanation.
RTW wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:36 pm
kode54 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:39 pm
since the baselayers are old product...is there some kind of clarification on skinfoils?

there's a range of 1.4, 2.4, 3.4 and 4.4

then, there's the other range of 1.7 with seven being the confusing part.
Years ago (literally, years) ASSOS defined temperature ranges into 7 different segments. This was before I joined the company (4 years ago in April).

This was too many. So now there is 4.

1.4 = Summer
2.4 = Spring / Fall
3.4 = Winter
4.4 = Deep Winter

With the old system it was the same. 1.7 was summer, 7.7 was deepest winter.

"Kratercooler" = Crater (like on the moon), cooler = as in cooling. It is a material with crater type holes unter the top layer.

Re: Assos apparel questions

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:30 pm
by TonyM
RTW wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:44 am
TonyM wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:22 pm
It seems that Assos is renewing its whole line after the arrival of the new Marketing Director....hence the sales that we see everywhere...
Wait wait wait.... that isn't the case.

Over the past 3 years we have renewed our entire line. It is done. S9 shorts come next year. Take a look at the website www.assos.com

What you are seeing here is product which is the Cento S7 jersey (last in collection in 2016). The skinfoils are also old product. Not that there is anything wrong with any of these items.

Condor's blog is out of date. The NeoPro is no more.

ASSOS product is in three camps:

Mille product - slightly relaxed cut, chamois a little further back for a more upright position on the bike. This is a complete range of high end product and our introduction to ASSOS.

Equipe product - aero product. More compressive and tighter fitting. The chamois is futher forward for a more aero position on the bike. More tech than Mille.

Cento / 113 - same fit as the Mille line, with textiles / tech from the Equipe line and then some.
But Assos introduced the "Mille GT winter jacket" with the new Neos/ softshell fabric Assos and I thought that the Equipe line for this material will also be soon added.
https://www.assos.com/mille-gt-winter-j ... &color=113
That would be great as the fall/ winter is coming....

I currently use for the fall and winter the IntermediateS7, TiburuEvo7, Habu5 and Bonka6 jackets but a softshell line would be great for all these days when it is cold -and- rainy.

Re: Assos apparel questions

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:48 pm
by kode54
i use similiar....

I especially like the Habu5 and Bonka6 jackets. Less bulk and great protection from wind and cold...Bonka being the more robust. So the Neos fabric better than the RXQ?
Too many technical terms and not enough explanation on how the fabrics compare. Difficult to make any decision especially when you want to upgrade.

TonyM wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:30 pm
RTW wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:44 am
TonyM wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:22 pm
It seems that Assos is renewing its whole line after the arrival of the new Marketing Director....hence the sales that we see everywhere...
Wait wait wait.... that isn't the case.

Over the past 3 years we have renewed our entire line. It is done. S9 shorts come next year. Take a look at the website www.assos.com

What you are seeing here is product which is the Cento S7 jersey (last in collection in 2016). The skinfoils are also old product. Not that there is anything wrong with any of these items.

Condor's blog is out of date. The NeoPro is no more.

ASSOS product is in three camps:

Mille product - slightly relaxed cut, chamois a little further back for a more upright position on the bike. This is a complete range of high end product and our introduction to ASSOS.

Equipe product - aero product. More compressive and tighter fitting. The chamois is futher forward for a more aero position on the bike. More tech than Mille.

Cento / 113 - same fit as the Mille line, with textiles / tech from the Equipe line and then some.
But Assos introduced the "Mille GT winter jacket" with the new Neos/ softshell fabric Assos and I thought that the Equipe line for this material will also be soon added.
https://www.assos.com/mille-gt-winter-j ... &color=113
That would be great as the fall/ winter is coming....

I currently use for the fall and winter the IntermediateS7, TiburuEvo7, Habu5 and Bonka6 jackets but a softshell line would be great for all these days when it is cold -and- rainy.

Re: Assos apparel questions

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:48 pm
by Weenie

Re: Assos apparel questions

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:55 pm
by TonyM
Yepp ! All these "marketing" terms are indeed confusing me also.

I just checked again the "technical properties" given from Assos for the New Neos material and it is not really much better than the Habu, Bonka etc..

NEW Mille Winter "NEOS" jacket:

Image


Bonka Winter jacket:

Image


So the Neos material is just a little bit more waterproof but a little bit less breathable.
To me not really an upgrade indeed.....