Assos apparel questions

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Post Reply
guyc
Posts: 1006
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:40 am
Location: Hampshire, England
Contact:

by guyc

*he cast thigh aspersions*

MODERATORS ASSEMBLE

ryanw
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 pm
Location: London

by ryanw

Don't hate on my demi-god'esque quads!
'16 Cervelo S5 - 6,650g RIP
'17 Focus Mares Force 1 - 7,170g
'19 Cervelo S5 Disc - 7,460g

IG: RhinosWorkshop - Check it out for all my custom builds :thumbup:

:!: Ride Southern Spain Cycling Holidays *£445 for 7 Nights* :!:

by Weenie


guyc
Posts: 1006
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:40 am
Location: Hampshire, England
Contact:

by guyc

Image

ryanw
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 pm
Location: London

by ryanw

Topped out at 28.5" when I was still lifting heavy. Now a mere 25.5" due to not stepping foot in a gym for 2 years...

Anyway, ASSOS! Been looking at the new winter / thermo jersey they've just released. Look a lot less bulky than a Gabba.
'16 Cervelo S5 - 6,650g RIP
'17 Focus Mares Force 1 - 7,170g
'19 Cervelo S5 Disc - 7,460g

IG: RhinosWorkshop - Check it out for all my custom builds :thumbup:

:!: Ride Southern Spain Cycling Holidays *£445 for 7 Nights* :!:

RTW
in the industry
Posts: 3525
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:32 pm

by RTW

TonyM wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:22 pm
It seems that Assos is renewing its whole line after the arrival of the new Marketing Director....hence the sales that we see everywhere...
Wait wait wait.... that isn't the case.

Over the past 3 years we have renewed our entire line. It is done. S9 shorts come next year. Take a look at the website www.assos.com

What you are seeing here is product which is the Cento S7 jersey (last in collection in 2016). The skinfoils are also old product. Not that there is anything wrong with any of these items.

Condor's blog is out of date. The NeoPro is no more.

ASSOS product is in three camps:

Mille product - slightly relaxed cut, chamois a little further back for a more upright position on the bike. This is a complete range of high end product and our introduction to ASSOS.

Equipe product - aero product. More compressive and tighter fitting. The chamois is futher forward for a more aero position on the bike. More tech than Mille.

Cento / 113 - same fit as the Mille line, with textiles / tech from the Equipe line and then some.
Your cycling kit is one size too big!

guyc
Posts: 1006
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:40 am
Location: Hampshire, England
Contact:

by guyc

ryanw wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:38 am
Topped out at 28.5" when I was still lifting heavy. Now a mere 25.5" due to not stepping foot in a gym for 2 years...

Anyway, ASSOS! Been looking at the new winter / thermo jersey they've just released. Look a lot less bulky than a Gabba.
I'm a paltry 24" so you win regardless.

kode54
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:39 pm

by kode54

since the baselayers are old product...is there some kind of clarification on skinfoils?

there's a range of 1.4, 2.4, 3.4 and 4.4

then, there's the other range of 1.7 with seven being the confusing part.
RTW wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:44 am
TonyM wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:22 pm
It seems that Assos is renewing its whole line after the arrival of the new Marketing Director....hence the sales that we see everywhere...
Wait wait wait.... that isn't the case.

Over the past 3 years we have renewed our entire line. It is done. S9 shorts come next year. Take a look at the website www.assos.com

What you are seeing here is product which is the Cento S7 jersey (last in collection in 2016). The skinfoils are also old product. Not that there is anything wrong with any of these items.

Condor's blog is out of date. The NeoPro is no more.

ASSOS product is in three camps:

Mille product - slightly relaxed cut, chamois a little further back for a more upright position on the bike. This is a complete range of high end product and our introduction to ASSOS.

Equipe product - aero product. More compressive and tighter fitting. The chamois is futher forward for a more aero position on the bike. More tech than Mille.

Cento / 113 - same fit as the Mille line, with textiles / tech from the Equipe line and then some.
- Factor 02 Disc + DA9170 + Enve 4.5AR CK CL hubs
- Moots Vamoots Disc RSL Titanium + DA9170 + Enve 3.4AR CK CL hubs
- Parlee Altum + DA9150 + Enve SES 4.5 Ene carbon hubs
- Argonaut Spacebike 2.0 + DA9170 + Enve SES 5.6 DT Swiss 240 CL hubs

kode54
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:39 pm

by kode54

damn, and it took me awhile to transition from S5 to S7.

now, I have to start all over again. :D
agfu wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:05 am
The new Assos S9 have been launched!

https://www.assos.com/s9
- Factor 02 Disc + DA9170 + Enve 4.5AR CK CL hubs
- Moots Vamoots Disc RSL Titanium + DA9170 + Enve 3.4AR CK CL hubs
- Parlee Altum + DA9150 + Enve SES 4.5 Ene carbon hubs
- Argonaut Spacebike 2.0 + DA9170 + Enve SES 5.6 DT Swiss 240 CL hubs

User avatar
kytyree
Posts: 653
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:55 am
Location: US

by kytyree

"Kratercooler"

I think they sell those at the truck stop here out by the interstate...

RTW
in the industry
Posts: 3525
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:32 pm

by RTW

kode54 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:39 pm
since the baselayers are old product...is there some kind of clarification on skinfoils?

there's a range of 1.4, 2.4, 3.4 and 4.4

then, there's the other range of 1.7 with seven being the confusing part.
Years ago (literally, years) ASSOS defined temperature ranges into 7 different segments. This was before I joined the company (4 years ago in April).

This was too many. So now there is 4.

1.4 = Summer
2.4 = Spring / Fall
3.4 = Winter
4.4 = Deep Winter

With the old system it was the same. 1.7 was summer, 7.7 was deepest winter.

"Kratercooler" = Crater (like on the moon), cooler = as in cooling. It is a material with crater type holes unter the top layer.
Your cycling kit is one size too big!

User avatar
LeDuke
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:39 am
Location: Front Range, CO

by LeDuke

Bought some S7s on SwissIconic.

Hoping the S7 USA version goes on sale soon with the announcement of the S9.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kode54
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:39 pm

by kode54

much better and less confusing...although there's still quite a bit of 1.7 and others around online.

thx for the explanation.
RTW wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:36 pm
kode54 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:39 pm
since the baselayers are old product...is there some kind of clarification on skinfoils?

there's a range of 1.4, 2.4, 3.4 and 4.4

then, there's the other range of 1.7 with seven being the confusing part.
Years ago (literally, years) ASSOS defined temperature ranges into 7 different segments. This was before I joined the company (4 years ago in April).

This was too many. So now there is 4.

1.4 = Summer
2.4 = Spring / Fall
3.4 = Winter
4.4 = Deep Winter

With the old system it was the same. 1.7 was summer, 7.7 was deepest winter.

"Kratercooler" = Crater (like on the moon), cooler = as in cooling. It is a material with crater type holes unter the top layer.
- Factor 02 Disc + DA9170 + Enve 4.5AR CK CL hubs
- Moots Vamoots Disc RSL Titanium + DA9170 + Enve 3.4AR CK CL hubs
- Parlee Altum + DA9150 + Enve SES 4.5 Ene carbon hubs
- Argonaut Spacebike 2.0 + DA9170 + Enve SES 5.6 DT Swiss 240 CL hubs

User avatar
TonyM
Posts: 3259
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm

by TonyM

RTW wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:44 am
TonyM wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:22 pm
It seems that Assos is renewing its whole line after the arrival of the new Marketing Director....hence the sales that we see everywhere...
Wait wait wait.... that isn't the case.

Over the past 3 years we have renewed our entire line. It is done. S9 shorts come next year. Take a look at the website www.assos.com

What you are seeing here is product which is the Cento S7 jersey (last in collection in 2016). The skinfoils are also old product. Not that there is anything wrong with any of these items.

Condor's blog is out of date. The NeoPro is no more.

ASSOS product is in three camps:

Mille product - slightly relaxed cut, chamois a little further back for a more upright position on the bike. This is a complete range of high end product and our introduction to ASSOS.

Equipe product - aero product. More compressive and tighter fitting. The chamois is futher forward for a more aero position on the bike. More tech than Mille.

Cento / 113 - same fit as the Mille line, with textiles / tech from the Equipe line and then some.
But Assos introduced the "Mille GT winter jacket" with the new Neos/ softshell fabric Assos and I thought that the Equipe line for this material will also be soon added.
https://www.assos.com/mille-gt-winter-j ... &color=113
That would be great as the fall/ winter is coming....

I currently use for the fall and winter the IntermediateS7, TiburuEvo7, Habu5 and Bonka6 jackets but a softshell line would be great for all these days when it is cold -and- rainy.

kode54
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:39 pm

by kode54

i use similiar....

I especially like the Habu5 and Bonka6 jackets. Less bulk and great protection from wind and cold...Bonka being the more robust. So the Neos fabric better than the RXQ?
Too many technical terms and not enough explanation on how the fabrics compare. Difficult to make any decision especially when you want to upgrade.

TonyM wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:30 pm
RTW wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:44 am
TonyM wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:22 pm
It seems that Assos is renewing its whole line after the arrival of the new Marketing Director....hence the sales that we see everywhere...
Wait wait wait.... that isn't the case.

Over the past 3 years we have renewed our entire line. It is done. S9 shorts come next year. Take a look at the website www.assos.com

What you are seeing here is product which is the Cento S7 jersey (last in collection in 2016). The skinfoils are also old product. Not that there is anything wrong with any of these items.

Condor's blog is out of date. The NeoPro is no more.

ASSOS product is in three camps:

Mille product - slightly relaxed cut, chamois a little further back for a more upright position on the bike. This is a complete range of high end product and our introduction to ASSOS.

Equipe product - aero product. More compressive and tighter fitting. The chamois is futher forward for a more aero position on the bike. More tech than Mille.

Cento / 113 - same fit as the Mille line, with textiles / tech from the Equipe line and then some.
But Assos introduced the "Mille GT winter jacket" with the new Neos/ softshell fabric Assos and I thought that the Equipe line for this material will also be soon added.
https://www.assos.com/mille-gt-winter-j ... &color=113
That would be great as the fall/ winter is coming....

I currently use for the fall and winter the IntermediateS7, TiburuEvo7, Habu5 and Bonka6 jackets but a softshell line would be great for all these days when it is cold -and- rainy.
- Factor 02 Disc + DA9170 + Enve 4.5AR CK CL hubs
- Moots Vamoots Disc RSL Titanium + DA9170 + Enve 3.4AR CK CL hubs
- Parlee Altum + DA9150 + Enve SES 4.5 Ene carbon hubs
- Argonaut Spacebike 2.0 + DA9170 + Enve SES 5.6 DT Swiss 240 CL hubs

User avatar
TonyM
Posts: 3259
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm

by TonyM

Yepp ! All these "marketing" terms are indeed confusing me also.

I just checked again the "technical properties" given from Assos for the New Neos material and it is not really much better than the Habu, Bonka etc..

NEW Mille Winter "NEOS" jacket:

Image


Bonka Winter jacket:

Image


So the Neos material is just a little bit more waterproof but a little bit less breathable.
To me not really an upgrade indeed.....

by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post