Assos apparel questions

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
g32ecs

by g32ecs

Random thought:

This spiel on the RS S9 shorts isnt BS. It actually works and it's a plus

"kraterCooler system to increase airflow up front"

Getting air up on your ball sack during a hot ride is always welcomed (today was 35c when I ended my ride). Now I cant live without this...tsk.

And just conparing these to the older S7 Equipe: the RS S9 has a better overall fit though I like the compression better on the S7. What I dont like about the S7 was the chamois width on the bum area is too wide that it chafes my skin inside.

by Weenie

Kjetil

by Kjetil

^My Campionissimo has the revised pad without the black wings. Still no friend of my anatomy. My RSR is very friendly.

parajba

by parajba

I purchased the latest RS bib shorts...so good that I bought straight away a second pair!

velov

by velov

Would the RS bibs be durable enough for long (quite frequent) indoor trainer rides? My Q36.5 shorts are holding up well but tempted to try the RS S9.

Kjetil

by Kjetil

Of all the brands I've tried Assos make the most durable shorts. Still can't help to think that new premium shorts like Assos and Q35.6 are a bit of a waste on a trainer, but I never sit on a trainer for more than an hour anyway.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Have to say I love my s9 although they did chafe a little at first juts need to make sure everything is flat inside the short before setting off.

velov

by velov

Most of my training is done on the trainer, even more so past few months. There's no hiding room for bad equipment when you're on the trainer so quality bib shorts are even more important imo.

gwilson

by gwilson

I find comfortable bib shorts are a lot more important on the trainer than on the road, because you're moving around a lot less. I find pretty much any of my bibs are fine up to ~2 hours on the road, and its rides longer than that where I make sure to wear my Assos shorts. On the trainer I find anything over about an hour gets uncomfortable without a quality chamois, so I end up using my top quality shorts a lot more in trainer season than the summer.

Stoffa

by Stoffa

After my previous Assos quality issues now my RSR socks actually have a ladder in them the way you mostly see happen with your girlfriends panties.
I got home from a ride, looked down at my shoes and saw it. No clue what the cause of it was (if any).

Now one can say "it's only a pair of socks, who cares" but these are their absolute topmodel sock, and I got about five rides out of them before they broke down.
It is my first pair of cycling socks to fail. I have them from MAAP, Attaquer, Castelli, Rapha etc and some I managed to get years of service out of. These RSR socks five rides. Pispoor imo.

Contacted Assos support (last time they didn't respond, and rtw helped me out). First thing I get is an automessage about them being behind in their communications cause of Covid. Sounds promising...

Now that this is my third Assos part to disappoint I feel kind of disillusioned by this so called premium brand if I'm honest.

Ps: Actually my aero gloves also had the silvery lines over the length of the glove completely disintegrate after not that much use. This is esthetic though, but it does look pretty crap for such an expensive pair of summer gloves.

If you're in the market for premium cycling apparel look at Q36.5. That's the only brand that truly delivered for me personally.

tepextate

by tepextate

Bought my first pair of Assos bibs, the T equipe EVO, and have taken them out for a few rides. Love fit on them, except for one thing: they give me a weird wedgie almost immediately! Can't really feel it on the bike, but very noticeable the second I step off the bike. Anybody else get this? Maybe just not a good fit for me?

Strange between the straps don't feel too tight and I've never had this with any other pair of bibs. Size small, 145 lb, 5'8" with short legs and long torso, for whatever it's worth.

scapewalker

by scapewalker

Any thoughts/feedback on the Houdini s9 skinsuit?

kode54

by kode54

scapewalker wrote:Any thoughts/feedback on the Houdini s9 skinsuit?
The Lehoudini ski suit looks nice. Would also like feedback on fit and performance as well.
- Factor 02 VAM Disc + DA9170 + Enve 4.5AR CK CL hubs
- Moots Vamoots Disc RSL Titanium + DA9170 + Enve 3.4AR CK CL hubs
- Factor LS Disc + DA9170 + Enve G23 CK CL hubs <-- incoming
- Allied Able + DA9170 + Enve G27 CK CL hubs --> outgoing

kode54

by kode54

Kjetil wrote:^My Campionissimo has the revised pad without the black wings. Still no friend of my anatomy. My RSR is very friendly.
I agree. The RSR has become one of my top bib shorts.
- Factor 02 VAM Disc + DA9170 + Enve 4.5AR CK CL hubs
- Moots Vamoots Disc RSL Titanium + DA9170 + Enve 3.4AR CK CL hubs
- Factor LS Disc + DA9170 + Enve G23 CK CL hubs <-- incoming
- Allied Able + DA9170 + Enve G27 CK CL hubs --> outgoing

Mikedb

by Mikedb

I just got a pair of Assos T.milleShorts_s7 Blackseries Bibs.

For some reason It seems the padding doesn't make any difference.

I say that because my saddle still feels the same but I thought it would bring atleast a bit of softness.

Mikedb

by Mikedb

Maybe the only thing these things do is prevent chaffing (along with chamois cream) something I have never had an issue with even on 5-6 hour rides.

by Weenie