Assos apparel questions

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
chorus88

by chorus88

zinedrei wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:55 pm
unfortunately, the small equipe evo was sold out so decided to get a small TMille S7 instead. hopefully it fits me well since i haven't found a comfortable pair of shorts yet that doesn't make me numb. castelli aero is on the way so im crossing fingers that either one will give me a better riding experience.
You should really try Castelli's Speed Suit.
https://www.merlincycles.com/castelli-s ... 09534.html
https://www.merlincycles.com/castelli-s ... 34851.html
https://www.merlincycles.com/castelli-t ... 44385.html
When Technology Becomes Emotion

by Weenie

zinedrei

by zinedrei

chorus88 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:23 pm
zinedrei wrote:
unfortunately, the small equipe evo was sold out so decided to get a small TMille S7 instead. hopefully it fits me well since i haven't found a comfortable pair of shorts yet that doesn't make me numb. castelli aero is on the way so im crossing fingers that either one will give me a better riding experience.
i have looked at the San Remo before but decided to with the Aero since it's the cheapest one i can find with x2 pads, even cheaper than the edurance 2 after discount. if x2 pad works for me then ill try the San Remo next.

TonyM

by TonyM

zinedrei wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:39 pm
chorus88 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:23 pm
zinedrei wrote:
i have looked at the San Remo before but decided to with the Aero since it's the cheapest one i can find with x2 pads, even cheaper than the edurance 2 after discount. if x2 pad works for me then ill try the San Remo next.
The Assos S7 are way better than the X2.
For rides longer than 5 hours I usually use my Cento S7 as they have more padding than my Equipe S7.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Just got my first pair of Assos bibs, S7 T-cento. Was pretty nervous about the fit as it was an online order and I ordered a Small for my 1.78cm height and 70kg frame (waist size 29 inches). Am happy to say that it turned out to be perfect!

The accompanying booklet emphasised that the straps will pull and it shouldn't feel comfortable standing upright, but tbh the stretch on the suspenders is quite slight and I never felt any real pressure on the trapezius. In short - get the size based on weight/waist size instead of height.

(^I am trying Assos now as I had to dump my Castelli bibs, the chamois doesn't work for me. My nut sack gets abrasion only when I wear these bibs and not with others)

biwa

by biwa

Looking for advice for sizing Assos shoe covers, I wear 43 Giro shoes, should I go for size I or II for winter shoe covers, e.g. winterBootie_S7, thermobootie.Uno_s7, etc? The (older?) Assos size chart says size I goes up to 42, while the current chart now shows up to 43.

TonyM

by TonyM

biwa wrote:Looking for advice for sizing Assos shoe covers, I wear 43 Giro shoes, should I go for size I or II for winter shoe covers, e.g. winterBootie_S7, thermobootie.Uno_s7, etc? The (older?) Assos size chart says size I goes up to 42, while the current chart now shows up to 43.
I have size I for my 41. I would go for size II if I had shoe 43. Larger is better than too tight for winter shoe covers.

Eraser92

by Eraser92

I have 2 pairs of Mille shorts in small and I love the comfort. Only issue I have is that the elastic on the legs isn't tight enough so rides up a bit while cycling giving me shorter shorts than I'd like.

Any ideas for a pair of assos shorts with longer legs/tighter elastic? I think the problem is that I'm tall and skinny 183cm, 66-67kg so I'm not sure if I need medium or small size.

Lafolie

by Lafolie

I think Assos has lost their way. Been superseeded whilst they were snoozing . Q36.5 are so much tehnically better !

TonyM

by TonyM

Lafolie wrote: Q36.5 are so much tehnically better !
Can you elaborate on that?

chorus88

by chorus88

Lafolie wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:37 pm
I think Assos has lost their way. Been superseeded whilst they were snoozing . Q36.5 are so much tehnically better !
I live 5 minutes from the Q36.5 Boutique in Toronto! :smartass:
When Technology Becomes Emotion

Stoffa

by Stoffa

Anyone tried the RS aero short finger gloves? Having a tough time deciding between those and the regular s7s.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Stoffa wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:37 pm
Anyone tried the RS aero short finger gloves? Having a tough time deciding between those and the regular s7s.
I have been using them for about two months and I think the RS Aero gloves are a great improvement over the previous generation. I like my gloves to be very snug so they don't swim around on my hands and the XXS in the RS gloves do the trick. The padding in the palm is a little denser than the S7 and there's not as much of it over the palm area. I like them a lot.

Stoffa

by Stoffa

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:56 pm
Stoffa wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:37 pm
I have been using them for about two months and I think the RS Aero gloves are a great improvement over the previous generation. I like my gloves to be very snug so they don't swim around on my hands and the XXS in the RS gloves do the trick. The padding in the palm is a little denser than the S7 and there's not as much of it over the palm area. I like them a lot.
Thanks, just ordered them :)

zinedrei

by zinedrei

thanks for all that suggested these bibs.
i got the T Mille S7 and it's the only one that i really like.
decided to follow the sizing charts, im normally on medium in other brands but got an S for my 5'6 32in waist 160lb chunky frame and it fits well

i also got a Castelli Aero from a sale the other week on a medium size and the part where the straps are stitched appear to be stretched so much that the threads are already showing (thanks to my beer belly)

given my measurements above, what should my Assos jersey size be if i have ~98cm chest?

ps, not complaining since im ok to pay premium for good quality but i feel that a good part of the cost goes to the packaging. :D

by Weenie

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

tell me more on the packaging.
Your cycling kit is one size too big!