Assos apparel questions

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I haven’t seen any of the new jackets. Have to say I love my Assos Sturmprinz jacket and probably wear it more just as a regular jacket walking around town than actually on the bike. Can anyone tell me what is the comparable (or close) jacket in the new lineup?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

It looks like so far the Sturmprinz is still the Sturmprinz, with the Equipe RS a lighter, more packable and less expensive option.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Tired my new T’Equipe Evo bibs on tonight.

Size large.

183cm
85kg
32/33” waist
42” chest
25.5” quads.

They fit perfectly and are beyond comfortable. I think I could fit in a medium, but these are 100% fine.
Hardly notice you’re wearing them.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

biwa

by biwa

RTW wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:00 am
Hi Biwa - this sounds like the shorts are too large. They shouldn't slide up. When you say you have other bibs with the same pad, which models are these? For example, if you have the Campionissimo short in a M and an Equipe in a M, the Campionissimo will be tighter because the fabric is more compressive.
Thanks for the response. The other bibs I have are Tiburu S7 and HabuTights S7, both in size M. I believe they share the same chamois pad with Equipe s7 and evo. The Tiburu slides up slightly at thighs sometimes but never causes problem at the chamois area. The HabuTights are absolutely fine. I'm 66kg and 179cm.

corky

by corky

Anyone know if Assos will be sponsoring a world tour team next year after the demise of BMC?

kode54

by kode54

The Sturmprinz is a great jacket...but I use it only when I know its raining, or already raining when I head out for a ride. The new Equipe RS rain jacket is a great replacement for me, as I don't like to ride in rain. If it rains out when I start my ride with dry roads, I don't mind as much, and the Equipe RS can be rolled up and placed in a rear pocket. I have other rain shells, like from Rapha, but this new one works so well that I don't use anything else. I hear that the Gore Shake Dry Stretch jacket is equally nice...but its all black and the new Equipe RS color in gray is a nice departure from the all black look.

Performance-wise, its nice. Kept me dry like the Sturmprinz. Haven't worn it in a downpour, so can't comment on heavy rain.
Calnago wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:13 pm
I haven’t seen any of the new jackets. Have to say I love my Assos Sturmprinz jacket and probably wear it more just as a regular jacket walking around town than actually on the bike. Can anyone tell me what is the comparable (or close) jacket in the new lineup?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

asiantrick

by asiantrick

corky wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:45 pm
Anyone know if Assos will be sponsoring a world tour team next year after the demise of BMC?
Sponsor Yourself!

TonyM

by TonyM

kode54 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:02 pm
The Sturmprinz is a great jacket...but I use it only when I know its raining, or already raining when I head out for a ride. The new Equipe RS rain jacket is a great replacement for me, as I don't like to ride in rain. If it rains out when I start my ride with dry roads, I don't mind as much, and the Equipe RS can be rolled up and placed in a rear pocket. I have other rain shells, like from Rapha, but this new one works so well that I don't use anything else. I hear that the Gore Shake Dry Stretch jacket is equally nice...but its all black and the new Equipe RS color in gray is a nice departure from the all black look.

Performance-wise, its nice. Kept me dry like the Sturmprinz. Haven't worn it in a downpour, so can't comment on heavy rain.
Calnago wrote:
The GoreTex One Shakedry is however really the smallest 100% waterproof rain jacket that I have seen so far! It is really paper thin. There is nothing better when it comes to carry somnething light and small in the jersey pockets. The Assos Equipe RS Rain is there much much larger and heavier. The GoreTex is however black (GoreTex has now some other colours but it is still quite dark) and the Assos Equipe RS Rain comes in that cool LoolyRed colour that is safer when riding in the rain IMHO. I have not tested the Equipe RS Rain that I bought so far but I will definitely this winter. The GoreTex One ShakeDry is really a masterpeiece when it comes to be 100% waterproof and to be really excellently breathable. No idea how they make that but it is really a masterpiece. Only downside as I said is the black colour.

kode54

by kode54

Agreed on the black. Although the newer 'black' color of the Equipe RS jacket is like a dark gray...but more importantly...the vertical reflective stripe down the back spine is very visible. I've worn it a few times and get lots of notice from riders nearby and far behind. I didn't care for the LoolyRed color since its really not really red and not really orange. Doesn't really don't go with anything I have.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

TonyM

by TonyM

kode54 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:33 pm
Agreed on the black. Although the newer 'black' color of the Equipe RS jacket is like a dark gray...but more importantly...the vertical reflective stripe down the back spine is very visible. I've worn it a few times and get lots of notice from riders nearby and far behind. I didn't care for the LoolyRed color since its really not really red and not really orange. Doesn't really don't go with anything I have.
Yepp the LollyRed colour is a non conventional colour! Like an orange with some red inside.
I took this colour as I wanted to be noticed by cars in every possible angle. My GoreTex One shakedry is absolutely stunning but not safe in that aspect.
I have also meanwhile bought a green version of my Castelli Tempesta Race (I also own the silver colour which looks great but here also not that safe) for better visibility. Usually here when it is raining the luminosity is lower and also sometimes with fog in the winter so that the safety aspects become quite important to me.
I do ride with a rear light also but better safe than sorry.

BTW, I am not a big fan of Trek but their focus on safety for tehir apparel is good :thumbup:

kode54

by kode54

It was so foggy here this morning...and soaking wet roads. I don't dare go out since my lights will bounce off the fog and blind me. LOL.
Probably the worse senario to ride. Can't see or be seen...and wet and slippery.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kytyree

by kytyree

Calnago wrote:
Have to say I love my Assos Sturmprinz jacket and probably wear it more just as a regular jacket walking around town than actually on the bike. Can anyone tell me what is the comparable (or close) jacket in the new lineup?
I’ve had that happen, a jacket I really like, I end up wanting to wear it when I’m not riding and so I don’t get it dirty as much as I probably should.

Is the Sturmprinz going away? It’s still on their site I think, the additions I saw looked like less expensive or more packable alternatives.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Got my S7s yesterday. Two day shipping time from Switzerland! Swiss-iconic gets a big thumbs up from me.

Amazing. I get it now. The straps were a little stiffer than what I’m used to, but not really noticeable.

Anyone ever ordered from Assos-online shop.de? They seem to have great prices and free shipping to the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markdjr

by markdjr

TonyM wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:52 pm
kode54 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:02 pm

Calnago wrote:
The GoreTex One Shakedry is however really the smallest 100% waterproof rain jacket that I have seen so far! It is really paper thin. There is nothing better when it comes to carry somnething light and small in the jersey pockets. The Assos Equipe RS Rain is there much much larger and heavier. The GoreTex is however black (GoreTex has now some other colours but it is still quite dark) and the Assos Equipe RS Rain comes in that cool LoolyRed colour that is safer when riding in the rain IMHO. I have not tested the Equipe RS Rain that I bought so far but I will definitely this winter. The GoreTex One ShakeDry is really a masterpeiece when it comes to be 100% waterproof and to be really excellently breathable. No idea how they make that but it is really a masterpiece. Only downside as I said is the black colour.
Check out the 7mesh Oro. Same material as the Shakedry but a better cut imo.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

markdjr wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:28 pm
Check out the 7mesh Oro. Same material as the Shakedry but a better cut imo.
For me personnaly the GoreTex One (1st generation 2 years ago) has quite a race fit and I love it. I understood that meanwhile GoreTex had other Shakedry models with different cuts.

Some manufacturers also change the cut depending on the year: For example my 3 y.o and 1 y.o Castelli Tempesta Race jackets have different cut.