Assos apparel questions

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
TonyM

by TonyM

pdlpsher1 wrote:I am a shorter rider at 170cm. I'm new to Assos and I find their shorts a good fit and comfortable. I find other brands such as Castelli as being too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much do you weigh? Do you use the S or the M size?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jeffy

by jeffy

anyone tried the T.FF1SHORTS_S7?

Equip pad and Campianisso materials - price range of Cento, i *think* race fit

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

TonyM wrote:
pdlpsher1 wrote:I am a shorter rider at 170cm. I'm new to Assos and I find their shorts a good fit and comfortable. I find other brands such as Castelli as being too long.

How much do you weigh? Do you use the S or the M size?

170cm and 62kg. I wear a medium bib shorts in Mille S5. I go by what is comfortable for me. I don't care what what other people wear. I don't want to look like a sausage. I know some folks here are 185cm tall and they wear an Assos in size small and they ride a 48cm bike with a 140cm stem.

nohands

by nohands

can anyone share a pic of the leg length difference between the old and updated version?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I don't have a pic but I had both versions. What prompted me to get out the ruler was after wearing the new bibs once, they just felt smaller. I had a tan line from my old version and the new ones were a good 2cm shorter. I actually showed both pairs to the Assos rep who at first said there had been no changes and if there were he would have known about them. But he agreed to check into it. After the check I got a call back and he confirmed that Assos did indeed change the leg length. It's about an inch shorter than before. So, depending on whether you thought the old version was too long, too short or jussst right... the difference may or may not be of issue to you. For me, it's pretty much a deal breaker. It's too bad because I love the shorts with the new floating pad and "pouch".
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

Calnago wrote:I don't have a pic but I had both versions. What prompted me to get out the ruler was after wearing the new bibs once, they just felt smaller. I had a tan line from my old version and the new ones were a good 2cm shorter. I actually showed both pairs to the Assos rep who at first said there had been no changes and if there were he would have known about them. But he agreed to check into it. After the check I got a call back and he confirmed that Assos did indeed change the leg length. It's about an inch shorter than before. So, depending on whether you thought the old version was too long, too short or jussst right... the difference may or may not be of issue to you. For me, it's pretty much a deal breaker. It's too bad because I love the shorts with the new floating pad and "pouch".

Thanks for the info. I've been wearing the T.Cento S7 and find them at the short end of acceptable. If the new ones are an inch shorter, that's too short for me. I'll look for an other short, which is too bad because these have been my go-to bibs for a long or hard ride. The pad is the best I've used. The looks of the Kuku pocket are a bit controversial -- my wife doesn't like it all -- but very comfortable. Luckily I bought a few extra pair that are sitting unused in the drawer.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Not sure if bringing a zombie thread back from the dead is the best courst of action, but didn't feel like this question merited its own thread.

Do any US retailers ever put Assos clothing on sale? Or, do any of them ever typically sell Assos for less than other retailers?

Looking to get some T.equipe_S7 USA bib shorts and the $219 asking price is a bit much to stomach.

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

@ LeDuke This won't answer your question, as I've no idea about US vendors, but may be of help all depending on import taxes etc.

Pushys.com an Australian company will have Assos sales
Recently bought two summer tops at a quarter a RRP
Cost $15AU to post to NZ if I keep the cost below $400 there's no import tax

Assos stuff sells quickly particularly in large
But when I've missed out on Assos i've bought Giro and Giordana bibs both of which I really like
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

biwa

by biwa

LeDuke wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:43 pm
Not sure if bringing a zombie thread back from the dead is the best courst of action, but didn't feel like this question merited its own thread.

Do any US retailers ever put Assos clothing on sale? Or, do any of them ever typically sell Assos for less than other retailers?

Looking to get some T.equipe_S7 USA bib shorts and the $219 asking price is a bit much to stomach.
Yes, a bunch of them do sale from time to time, e.g. Competitive Cyclist, BikeTireDirect, etc. but it also depends on the specific product. My impression has been that the staple/most popular products rarely go sale, others you may even find 50% off deal.

kode54

by kode54

like @biwa said...a few put them on sale. I've bought on sale from Competitive Cyclist...and on Assos.com.

on Assos.com, it gets shipped from Assos in Europe, no prob because they ship fairly quickly. Some of their sales are excellent...with discounts up to 60-70% on some items from past seasons. I've picked up a few jerseys mostly Fall and Winter gear from previous seasons. Get on their mailing list, that's how i found out they were having a sale (which I thought they never did).

I like the Assos Fall/Winter gear since the fabric they use are quite technical...like the Bonka jacket and Habu line. great stuff. I just don't like their jersey designs, so I don't wear much Assos summer stuff, although all my bib shorts are Assos with a few Chap3 and some Rapha cargo bib shorts.

LeDuke wrote:

- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

KCookie

by KCookie

As kode54 said Assos.com is probably the best place to buy from, their discounts are amazing. Had an email from them yesterday as the bib shorts have a further discount, which works out to be half the price of retailers over here in OZ. From order to parcel at my door is usual a week. Also Pushys in Queensland has a bigger variety with massive discounts. A few months ago they had 60% off most of their stock. I ended up purchasing around 15 items of clothing for a fraction of the cost.

KotP

by KotP

LeDuke wrote:

T.equipe_S7 USA bib shorts
That's a very specific version of the Equipe you're asking about but I'd say keep an eye on the websites already mentioned, I'm sure they'll see a nice discount in the coming months considering the S9 Equipe are due in Jan 2019.

asiantrick

by asiantrick

Buy yourself a T.Equipe Evo Bib. You won't be dissappointed! Feel like I'm riding on cloud.

JLBSLR

by JLBSLR

asiantrick wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:45 pm
Buy yourself a T.Equipe Evo Bib. You won't be dissappointed! Feel like I'm riding on cloud.
Agree with you 100% on this one. In fact I'll go as far as saying the Evo's are even better than the Campionissimo's that i've got for a fraction of the price.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rlanger

by rlanger

Nice overview of the different levels of Assos bib shorts:

https://youtu.be/RiS5-oCAycs

I recently won a pair of T-Equipe shorts from GTN, but I haven't received them yet. Looking forward to trying them as they will be my first pair of Assos.