Assos apparel questions

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Only did two races last year. Won both. Got Cat3 and chilled.

Did two road bike TTs for fun and came 5th in both against a pretty decent field of 50+ riders.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

:noidea:
Attachments
0477813B-315F-4787-AC1F-CE3EF12BF5B6.png

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Slack

by Slack

Surely if you won them both so easily you should just crack straight on with getting your 1st or Elite? Especially if both of those wins had come by the 20th of January.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

I probably could have, but it doesn’t interest me if I’m being totally honest. Picking up £20 and a load of sweaty men patting me on the back for winning a race doesn’t get my juices flowing.

I’ve been a world champion in powerlifting, doubt I’ll be that.

I much prefer going away on cycling holidays and enjoying the sport.

Racing is risky and I have a career / family to think about.
Last edited by ryanw on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

RTW wrote:...
Send them for repair. 3 months no questions asked crash repair for all new items. We will try to repair anything which is less than two years old if you have an issue. We often repair things which are a lot older. If it is a product fault, we will put it right.
“Crash repair...?” I was wearing a brand new pair of the Campionissimo bibs for the first time when I crashed and busted my collarbone. Purchased retail at the LBS. Wasn’t really expecting a new pair of shorts but thought they might take pity on me given how much Assos stuff I had purchased. Nope. They were ripped in a crash. Certainly wasn’t a “no questions asked” scenario.
Ryan... re the bibs themselves, they’re a lighter, more compressive material and probably their snuggest fit. Very nice, but somewhat fragile (crashing excepted of course). If you get a deal on them fine, but I wouldn’t pay what I did again.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Calnago wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:46 pm
“Crash repair...?” I was wearing a brand new pair of the Campionissimo bibs for the first time when I crashed and busted my collarbone. Purchased retail at the LBS. Wasn’t really expecting a new pair of shorts but thought they might take pity on me given how much Assos stuff I had purchased. Nope. They were ripped in a crash. Certainly wasn’t a “no questions asked” scenario.
Please PM me about who your LBS is.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

RTW wrote:
Calnago wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:41 pm
that one male model they’ve been using for every single picture for how many years now.
Which guy is that? ASSOS man hasn't been used for two years.
My mistake, I just clicked on the link to the jacket that @guyc posted above and up came not one but 4 clones of “ASSOS Man” modeling the jackets with the different colored left sleeves. Guess that must have been older.

Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

RTW wrote:
Calnago wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:46 pm
Please PM me about who your LBS is.
Really? It’s been a couple years. And full disclosure after rereading your post... I purchased the shorts retail during a winter sale where they were 30% off full retail of about $459 (I know, still ouch). But as it was winter, it was well past the 3 months you state as the “no questions asked” zone before I first wore them. I might have pleaded my case a bit more if I even knew about the 3 month no questions asked policy, but I crashed, so my bad, and I didn’t push too hard. But after I faked crying and wiped a tear away they did allow me to buy a new pair at the same 30% discount that I received during the winter sale. I still shed another tear. I’m past it now.

KCookie

by KCookie

My T-centos were hacked off by the ambulance crew, leaving me rather naked I might add. Will Assos cover those. Lol. 😂

sychen

by sychen

Cover your nakedness? Yes.. Since you just bought more... Lol
KCookie wrote:My T-centos were hacked off by the ambulance crew, leaving me rather naked I might add. Will Assos cover those. Lol. Image
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

kode54

by kode54

haha.

BTW, how's the recovery going? i just bought another Campionissimo S7 from the outlet store. couldn't pass it up like others here. :D
KCookie wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:07 am
My T-centos were hacked off by the ambulance crew, leaving me rather naked I might add. Will Assos cover those. Lol. 😂
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

KCookie

by KCookie

kode54 wrote:haha.

BTW, how's the recovery going? i just bought another Campionissimo S7 from the outlet store. couldn't pass it up like others here. :D
KCookie wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:07 am
My T-centos were hacked off by the ambulance crew, leaving me rather naked I might add. Will Assos cover those. Lol. Image
Yeah good thanks. Been back at work 4 weeks now. Not really much pain either, so all good. Been riding about 200+km a week so far. Just off out now for a century.
Yes those deals are awesome. My last order of Assos stuff from Pushys is still boxed up. Got way to much now but I just can't resist a bargin.Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Wore my Habu tights today for the first time. Little 95km to Windsor to go see some mates competing at the Red Bull Time Laps.

They were perfect for the 4° temps. So comfy too.

Also wore the Mille Evo jacket with just the 2.4 SkinFoil. Such a good buy and again worked perfectly in the temps.

Js2

by Js2

I tore up my sturmprinz jacket and cento jersey underneath earlier this year from a low side crash down GMR here in Socal. Assos USA gave me 50% off for the replacement, after I sent them the pictures and proof of purchase. The service is :thumbup:

I sent my old jersey to performance clothing repair to be patched up with some lycra, it's now my beater jersey :mrgreen:
Unfortunately there is no way to salvage the Sturmprinz!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GaBa

by GaBa

RTW wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:19 am
The Bonka tight and the Habu tight continue. It was the jackets we were discussing. Please go and see and try on the new jackets before writing them off!

The Tiburu short (Equipe Line) continues. As does the Tiburu Equipe Gilet.
A follow up: tried Mille GT winter jacket ultraz yesterday and while i have to admit it is insanely warm it is also a whole lot bulkier than Bonka. Also when sat on the bike in the front the jacket was too loose. Can’t judge how it performs when riding but I’m still not convinced at the moment. Probably superior in very cold weather.

And then there are small details, such as the zipper slider - being metal on Bonka and gum on Mille Ultraz. I have bad experience with gum ones since they tend to break off after time.