Assos apparel questions

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
PrettyA

by PrettyA

Hey guys, I want to get a complete kit from Assos but I don't know what to get. I'm wondering if Assos has levels like other brands, for example: Entry level, Intermediate level and Premium level. If Assos does have this, can anyone tell me which model is in which level? Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RM27

by RM27

They definitely have levels. If you go to their website it walks you through the levels. I believe the F1 Uno used to be the entry level but now they have all new models. I've used the Uno and can say they were comfortable and very durable.

srshaw

by srshaw

Also their levels don't necessarily fit the same. When I bought my summer kit, I went with the mille range because it was best for the 'fuller' figure, Assos call it comfort fit. I'm no way fat really, but having tried on some of the tighter offerings, I wasn't feeling that 'body confident'. I think the Cento range is now the relacement for the Mille range.

petal666

by petal666

Assos 'levels' are very confusing. I just go on price.

Svetty

by Svetty

Cento shorts are best I've worn FWIW

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

Svetty wrote:Cento shorts are best I've worn FWIW

I agree. I have been riding Rapha bibs the last couple of years but recently tried a pair of Cento S7's, and I have to say, I'm very impressed and have converted. The insert fits perfectly; it's like it moulds itself to your bottom. The suspenders are more comfortable than the prior generation Assos bibs I had.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ok... I have really liked the Assos new S7 pads etc., and have quite a lot of their stuff. Got some new Cento S7 bibs in same size I always get and wore them once and just didn't feel quite right. Significantly shorter in the leg as evidenced by my new tan line. Too short for me. I took them back along with an existing pair and measured the inseam of the shorts and the new ones were a good 2-3cm shorter. Anyway, I have longer legs and while I love assos bibs, they have always been just a tad short for my liking but ok. But this change has got me looking for a different brand now. Too bad. I've since confirmed that Assos has indeed shortened up their Cento S7 (I presume others as well but not sure) bibs over the last year by a good 2cm. Anyway, just an observation if any of you are wondering why your new Assos bibs seem shorter than the pair you got a year or two ago.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

kode54

by kode54

i typically wear medium. but with the Cento S7, i wear small.

there's differences in materials between the high end Campionssimo and the Cento. cost doesn't justify it...but i managed to get one on sale. i like the Cento, but the Campionssimo is fantastic. material feels hight end.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

^ I have Assos T.equipe_S7 Bib Shorts which are indeed pretty short -- but more interestingly, they have a (flattering?) bulge construction in the crotch.

Don't get me wrong, the Assos bibs are pretty sweet, but the crotch design makes me mildly self-conscious. I'm not sure I would purchase this same style again.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

The Campionissimo are also much snugger fit than the Cento S7. More compression, lighter material. I had a pair... until my fateful crash a year ago.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Svetty

by Svetty

Calnago wrote:Ok... I have really liked the Assos new S7 pads etc., and have quite a lot of their stuff. Got some new Cento S7 bibs in same size I always get and wore them once and just didn't feel quite right. Significantly shorter in the leg as evidenced by my new tan line. Too short for me. I took them back along with an existing pair and measured the inseam of the shorts and the new ones were a good 2-3cm shorter. Anyway, I have longer legs and while I love assos bibs, they have always been just a tad short for my liking but ok. But this change has got me looking for a different brand now. Too bad. I've since confirmed that Assos has indeed shortened up their Cento S7 (I presume others as well but not sure) bibs over the last year by a good 2cm. Anyway, just an observation if any of you are wondering why your new Assos bibs seem shorter than the pair you got a year or two ago.

Don't they come in 2 leg lengths?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

They did a few years ago for a very brief time. But no longer. And the most current cut seems to have gotten just a little too short for my liking.

srshaw

by srshaw

Calnago wrote:They did a few years ago for a very brief time. But no longer. And the most current cut seems to have gotten just a little too short for my liking.

I agree with this, my s7 equipe bibs are very short at the front. Wouldn't be great if you are carrying a couple of pounds round there.

Still really comfortable shorts though.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I'm talking leg length. I really like them in all other aspects.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

How do you compare the Assos Equipe S7 to the Rapha Pro Team and the Castello Rosso Corsa?

I use my Assos Cento S7 for the long rides (excellent quality) and for short/ middle rides a Rapha Pro Team (quite good quality) or some Castelli Rosso Corsa (all very average quality unfortunately).