Assos apparel questions

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
RTW
in the industry

by RTW

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:08 pm
Hey RTW,

Will Assos be sponsoring a ProTour team next season? Continuing to sponsor Och's team - CCC?
ASSOS has its roots in racing - we intend to continue to be involved in racing at the highest level.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

KotP wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:48 pm
BdaGhisallo wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:08 pm

Will Assos be sponsoring a ProTour team next season? Continuing to sponsor Och's team - CCC?

I hope not.

In the last few years, around the time of the BMC sponsorship, saw the reintroduction of the oversized "A" logo printed on the front and back of shorts. See the S7 Equipe Evo and the new S9.

Maybe without a world tour team sponsorship Assos will go back to more subtle branding on their shorts.

Other than the fact they make the most comfortable bibshorts around part of the reason for me wearing Assos shorts is the fact they're plain black with minimal branding.
There will continue to be different branding options for those who want them. The s9 Equipe RSR (compressor fabric) uses black on black logos. The current s7 T.Mille short uses the 'button' logo.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

guyc

by guyc

RTW wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:31 am

There will continue to be different branding options for those who want them. The s9 Equipe RSR (compressor fabric) uses black on black logos. The current s7 T.Mille short uses the 'button' logo.
Will the RS spec come with black legs on both side? I've seen ones with one red gripper so far....

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

@GuyC - yes. There will be two versions. One with a red gripper, and one with a black gripper.

guyc

by guyc

RTW wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:00 pm
@GuyC - yes. There will be two versions. One with a red gripper, and one with a black gripper.
Brilliant. Thank you.

guyc

by guyc

Does anyone know what jersey these chaps are wearing is?
Attachments
7B5FDAF0-0B2A-4449-8803-783B38CC6F7A.jpeg

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Just wore my Equipe Evo bibs for the first time competing in the Alpujarra Magna in Spain.

Covering 167km with 4,200m of climbing over 6:50, I can report back that they were absolutely fantastic.

Did 100km with 2,000m the day after in them too.

SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

TonyM

by TonyM

guyc wrote:Does anyone know what jersey these chaps are wearing is?
Tiburu jacket Evo 7 or Mille intermediate jacket Evo 7.

hidefguy

by hidefguy

guyc wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:01 pm
Does anyone know what jersey these chaps are wearing is?
I just purchased a milleintermediate jacket evo 7 and that looks like it could be it.

guyc

by guyc

Brilliant, thank you! It is indeed the milleintermediate jacket evo 7!

kgt

by kgt

Update: I just received an Assos Mille s.7 bib short at size medium. I am 182cm and 79 kg and the fit is great. According to Assos my size is large but the one I had ordered was too big.

LionelB

by LionelB

Also as a very long time Assos user I got really lost when they switch to funky names. Today I am not sure what is what and find it really hard to remember too. I have a bunch of Équipe S7 and they are ok, I preferred the F13 S5 best ever bib for me. They lasted a lot longer too. Jersey wide I like the Equipe S7 I have in terms of fit, graphics are blah. My favorite ever jersey was the SS13, nothing comes close. On the new winter stuff I am quite lost as well. Still sporting my AirJack, another masterpiece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by LionelB on Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

velomane

by velomane

I'm with LionelB on two counts: Assos lost me with the goofy names. What fits in to the lineup and where? Also, the Airjack was a superb jacket.

muti

by muti

After LionenB and velomane,third one on board here.As somebody from Assos is reading this topic,PLEASE simplify your line up(AND the names of it)!Add some simple guide(even illustrated) of the textiles used and their purpose(wind/rain etc),and where on the garment they are placed.Ι really like the new line of jackets,but I am not so sure about the difference between mille gt and mille ultraz.And I am a long term user(more than 25 years)of Assos so I am quite familiar with the range and owner of previous designs that they are replacing!For a new customer it will be a nightmare to decide.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

muti wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:10 pm
After LionenB and velomane,third one on board here.As somebody from Assos is reading this topic,PLEASE simplify your line up(AND the names of it)!Add some simple guide(even illustrated) of the textiles used and their purpose(wind/rain etc),and where on the garment they are placed.Ι really like the new line of jackets,but I am not so sure about the difference between mille gt and mille ultraz.And I am a long term user(more than 25 years)of Assos so I am quite familiar with the range and owner of previous designs that they are replacing!For a new customer it will be a nightmare to decide.
And I can make four, and echo everything expressed so far. It can be exasperating and plenty confusing to be an Assos user and buyer. I know it is simple now that I know it, but I only recently deciphered what the prefixes 'NS', 'SS' and 'LS' referred to. I simply assumed they were a part of the convoluted naming conventions that Assos uses when they simply tell you the type of sleeve on an item.

Make it easier.
Last edited by BdaGhisallo on Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.