Assos apparel questions

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
Golden

by Golden

Am I the only one finding the pockets on 2021 Assos jerseys atrocious? I have the Equipe RS Aero jersey and it fits perfectly, but the pockets are sagging like crazy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

mendiz wrote:How much is the warm difference between Spring LS base layer and Winter baseblayer? Yesterday I used Spring layer SS , RS Spring jacket and Alleycat sometimes between 5-7°C and perfect
The blue Ultraz winter base layer is very warm. The regular black with blue stripe is second warmest. The fall spring baselayer is about half the thickness of the black w/ blue stripe and not as warm. I wear the fall spring baselayer in the high 30F, the black w/ blue stripe at about 32F freezing and the all blue Ultraz for anything below freezing.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Szalon

by Szalon

mendiz wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:58 pm
How much is the warm difference between Spring LS base layer and Winter baseblayer? Yesterday I used Spring layer SS , RS Spring jacket and Alleycat sometimes between 5-7°C and perfect
The spring is half as thick as the winter (black with blue strip) and a lot thinner than the winter ultraz (all blue).
I use them a lot of variations depending on the temperature, the effort and the leght of the ride.
I use the ultraz only under -5°C because it is really warm.
The normal winter base layer (black with blue strip) I use between -5-10°C, depend of what I wear over it. The -5°C side with the Ultraz jacket, the +10°C side with just a thin long sleeve jersey.
The spring base layer I use 0-15°C, depend of what I wear over it. The 0°C side with the Ultraz jacket, the +15°C side with just a thin long sleeve jersey.
I think you can go down about 5 °C with the winter base layer and about 10°C with the ultraz winter base layer.
Dogma F12 - 6,65kg

GaBa

by GaBa

One question regarding assos jackets' sizing.

I have LS RS 2/3 in size M and it feels and fits quite tight overall, some creasts form at the front side but nothing drastic.

As I wear everything assos in size M I went with M for Johdah (RS 3/3) as well. But after couple of rides I am having a feeling it is too loose. I haven't tried size S though, maybe unfortunately. Measured myself and their site suggests S. 184cm, 74kg, 81 waist and 91 chest.

What do you guys who have Johdah wear? And how does it compare to your other assos clothing?

I also wanted to get SS RS 2/3 in current archive sale but am now torn which size to get.

Interested to hear your experience and opinion.

mendiz

by mendiz

@Gaba I am sure with 91 chest you are S in Assos RS Spring jersey. I have 99,5 chest and 84 waist and M size in RS spring jacket and jersey is very snug that I like.
You don´t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

kookie

by kookie

I am 75kg, 96cm chest, 81cm waist. I wear everthing medium Assos.
The Johdah is pretty snug on me with a winter baselayer. Probably even more tighter if I wear the thermobooster.

kytyree

by kytyree

Yeah, I wear the same size RS 2/3 stuff as the Jodah but it is looser. The 2/3 stuff is fitted, like aero jerseys, I would describe the Jodah as having a trim fit but there is room for the thermobooster and baselayers underneath.

I had it on the other day with the blue baselayer and the longsleeve thermobooster and it worked well. I think it's trim for a winter riding jacket but I like the way it's cut overall.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Is there much of a difference in fit between the RS Prof SS jersey and the RS Aero SS jersey?

Does the Aero have different material or a different cut?

Tonytony

by Tonytony

New equipe rs s9 targa(€220) and mille gt c2(€140) bib shorts

Pabloldv

by Pabloldv

Tonytony wrote:New equipe rs s9 targa(€220) and mille gt c2(€140) bib shorts
can’t find on in the web

Josku

by Josku

kode54 wrote:
ryanw wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:53 pm
How are people finding the RS winter bib tights?

Still love my LL.habuTights_s7, but fancy something new.
Its warmer than the LL.habu
MILLE GTO WINTER BIB TIGHTS C2 not as warm as RS winter bib tights
Inbetween RS winter bib tights
Warmest...LL.bonka

edit: added Mille GTO
Related to this. In the spring/autumn I'm using Habu tights without pad and have bibs underneath. Habus are worning out and would need a replacement. I'm thinking of Equipe RS spring fall S9 tights. Those are only with pad and I'm thinking that how does those compare to Habu. Any opinions?

kode54

by kode54

GaBa wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:31 pm
One question regarding assos jackets' sizing.

I have LS RS 2/3 in size M and it feels and fits quite tight overall, some creasts form at the front side but nothing drastic.

As I wear everything assos in size M I went with M for Johdah (RS 3/3) as well. But after couple of rides I am having a feeling it is too loose. I haven't tried size S though, maybe unfortunately. Measured myself and their site suggests S. 184cm, 74kg, 81 waist and 91 chest.

What do you guys who have Johdah wear? And how does it compare to your other assos clothing?

I also wanted to get SS RS 2/3 in current archive sale but am now torn which size to get.

Interested to hear your experience and opinion.
Funny that you mention the sizing. I've been wearing M for almost 10 yrs with Assos. I checked the sizing chart recently and it says I should be wearing a S. Is it vanity sizing? Not sure, but I bought the S in Johdah and Mille winter tights and the fitment doesn't seem much different than the M. BTW, I have a Bonka jacket and Bonka tights, both in M and feels similar. The slight difference being that it does take a bit longer to put everything on...and it also feels a bit more snug without being overtly tight. I have a RS 2/3 Gilet in M and it fits snug. I sometimes wear than under the Johdah without issues.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

kytyree wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:56 pm
Yeah, I wear the same size RS 2/3 stuff as the Jodah but it is looser. The 2/3 stuff is fitted, like aero jerseys, I would describe the Jodah as having a trim fit but there is room for the thermobooster and baselayers underneath.

I had it on the other day with the blue baselayer and the longsleeve thermobooster and it worked well. I think it's trim for a winter riding jacket but I like the way it's cut overall.
Same here. With the blue Ultraz baselayer...its great. The Johdah despite the ultra high cost, is one of the best technical jackets I have. Material fit and finish is superb. I was skeptical at first, but bit the bullet and went for it and have no buyers remorse. Great jacket and overkill for those that don't have temps below 30F.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

I already have a Mille gt bibshort. I really like the quality but the comfort is just okay.
Is the s9 way different in comfort?
I'd prefer a Castello endurance but tbh I dislike the strap and the crappy logos too much.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com