Assos apparel questions

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
iamraymond

by iamraymond

I have a couple of Fastlane Rock jerseys, a team Qhubeka Replica and the new Mille GT C2 GRUPPETTO all in size S.
I like them but I would like to try a more racing fit jersey, so I am interested in trying an Equipe RS jersey.
Regarding size, I'm thinking of sticking with S.
The Fastlane Rock jersey and Mille GT are a regularFi. The Equipe RS is a racing/aeroFit which is considerably tighter.

I wear S in regular Fit and it's fairly relaxed for me. I can wear a thick base layer and not feel constricted.

When I first ordered the Equipe RS Jersey in S it was extremely tight and it had to be exchanged for an M. I felt like I would tear the fabric if I zipped up. The Medium aeroFit Equipe RS is still much tighter than the S in regular fit. Medium is literally skin tight on me and there's absolutely no way could I wear my thinnest base layer under it.

card0s

by card0s

iamraymond wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 2:49 pm

The Fastlane Rock jersey and Mille GT are a regularFi. The Equipe RS is a racing/aeroFit which is considerably tighter.

I wear S in regular Fit and it's fairly relaxed for me. I can wear a thick base layer and not feel constricted.

When I first ordered the Equipe RS Jersey in S it was extremely tight and it had to be exchanged for an M. I felt like I would tear the fabric if I zipped up. The Medium aeroFit Equipe RS is still much tighter than the S in regular fit. Medium is literally skin tight on me and there's absolutely no way could I wear my thinnest base layer under it.
Hmm... With that being said I'll order the M then.
Thank you!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

I have tried the equipe RS bib Targa version. I got medium I am disappointed, the thigh band is a bit too long so it touch the back of my knee every pedal stroke. The band does not have good compression and alternate between ripple and stretch each pedal stroke. But the worst is that the sewing seam for the band is thick, rough and is right at the center of the back of the thigh. My other bibs have this in the front of the thigh where it is not a sensitive area.

The chamois is very stiff / stick and not compress much, felt like it was sitting higher than usual as a result.
There is a few cm of stitch in the middle of the bottom that makes it look like camel toe.

On paper the features sound promising.

I also tried the matching jersey it was see-through which I did not like.
I'm back to my SS13 Jersey that it is thin for summer but not see through. I think like the older stuff they have.

ksavostin

by ksavostin

Mille GT $110 vs Mille GTO $320.. :?:
Are they so much better? I am looking bibs for indoor 2-3 hours a day zwift ride training. Which one becomes less spongy when it becomes wet from sweat? Is it Worth the price, or cheaper model is still good enough?

kode54

by kode54

For indoors? I would go for the least expensive. The GTO chamois is much thicker and you probably don’t need that indoors. For the rare times I ride indoors, I use the least expensive Mille shorts…no bibs and got those on a sale for $79 awhile back.

I use the GTO for mixed surfaces and also at the beginning of the riding season when I need to get used to sitting on the saddle since I’m not that disciplined to ride indoors during the winter.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

guyc

by guyc

Cheapest indoors for sure. The sweat will kill them faster indoors

Spurdo

by Spurdo

I have been using 2x RS9 and 2x Equipe Evo outdoors and indoors for few years now and apart from the logos I see no real degradation.

ksavostin

by ksavostin

Mille GT vs Mille GT C2 is there a big difference in chamosis pad for indoor training?

kervelo

by kervelo

I have no experience of the mille gt c2, but the mille gts c2 pad is much better than the old mille gt.
https://www.assos.com/eu/mille-gt-summe ... 17288.html

Sometimes you can find the mille gts c2 as cheap as the mille gt c2.

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

What is the point of that more expensive material on the RSR S9 really? Other than being lighter, everything else is a disadvanatge comparing with regular S9. These bibs are not staying in place well at all, they ride up like crazy and the material seems very harsh. They bunch up in the groin and cause uncomfortable rubbing. The material is kind of non stretchy so it wrinkles a bit when riding up.

The positives. Light, material looks like it would be hard wearing, look good, tight. But in terms of comfort, have not been good at all. The grippers are not holding well at all, which is the root of the problem.

I contradicted myself there. There are some positives but the most important, comfort, is not great.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

steveadore

by steveadore

Has anyone noticed any decline in quality with Assos items now manufactured in Tunisia instead of Bulgaria? Just got 2 Trail Liner Shorts, both made in Tunisia, and both have serious QC issues ( silicone patches placed asymmetrically, stitching defects etc.).

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

steveadore wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:38 pm
Has anyone noticed any decline in quality with Assos items now manufactured in Tunisia instead of Bulgaria? Just got 2 Trail Liner Shorts, both made in Tunisia, and both have serious QC issues ( silicone patches placed asymmetrically, stitching defects etc.).
I did not check where mine was made before I returned it but I feel the quality is not there compared to what it used to be.

For example there is a stitch that comes up right in the middle of the crotch, (This design is definitely not good and is neither an appearance a man or women would want) But the stitch is not even straight, like someone who doesn't sew did it.

steveadore

by steveadore

The problem is the webshop has sold out, so they can only offer a refund instead of a replacement. I've just contacted Assos warranty, waiting to hear back

alanyu

by alanyu

Hi, could some experienced people educate me about the sizing of ASSOS Equipe RS line?

I'm short and extremely skinny, 170cm, chest 86cm and waist 67cm. My skinny body brings a lot trouble on buying clothing, especially jerseys. So far, Rapha Team line in size XS kinda fit me, but more inclined to a regular fit around my waist rather than a slim/aero fit. (Castelli is no go, too loose around waist; Trek might be OK regarding the size chart, but XS is not available here)

I tried the sizing tool on ASSOS website, but it suggested XS as slightly loose at chest and waist with both GT C2 and Equipe RS. Since GT is a regular fit and RS is a race fit, they can't be both the same as slightly loose. I suppose, if GT is slightly loose, RS should be a regular fit, or if RS is slightly loose, GT would be a loose fit.

Could someone give me more insight about the sizing? I'm wondering if Equipe RS in size XS could give fit me well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GaBa

by GaBa

Well if it helps I'm 184cm and weigh 72-75kg. Used to wear M almost religiously and kept experiencing cuffing from chamois. Just recently I exchanged size M Equipe RS Targa bibs for size S and chamois sits much better. The only problem I now have is the length of the bibs, which is obviously too short. Maybe I should try GTO bibs in long version.

So in short, if I were you I'd go with XS for sure.