Assos apparel questions

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
biwa

by biwa

TonyM wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:17 pm
biwa wrote:
TonyM wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:09 am
I am using the Assos leg warmer Evo S7 in the whole winter so up to -2C together with the Tiburu S7 bib. Works well for me.

Only if it is raining and cold I use the Sportful no rain or Castelli nanoflex bib & leg warmer.
Does it stay up on the thighs during the ride? And which size did you get for your build? Thx
Yes they stay up. The best leg warmers on the market IMHO.
Left leg and right leg have a different shape etc...

I am 171cm and 67.5-71kg (summer, winter). I usually use the size I.
Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try.

GaBa

by GaBa

decade wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:12 am
RTW wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:44 am

Wow - you guys are merciless. :shock: :D :D The good news is that we are changing it.

New naming convention

1.3 Summer
2.3 Spring / Fall
3.3 Winter and Winter Ultraz as a heavier winter category.

The ranges are:

Mille GT - Comfort Fit, pad slightly further forward for a more upright position. Consider this every day kit.
Equipe RS - Racing Fit, more compressive / aero. Pad slightly further forward for a lower position on the bike. Consider this 'fast', 'race' or 'special day' kit.
Cento 113 - Comfort Fit, pad slightly further forward. More tech than Equipe and Mille. Luxury, cosetting kit for those who want or need more.

@Lionelb @TomyM @Mag - on the subject of colours - yes we want to do more BUT black sells in greater numbers than any other colour. We launched 3 new jackets this winter (which is a lot) and we cannot do the membranes in lots of different colours because the MOQ of material makes that prohibitive. Other brands manage it because they are buying off the peg materials, and / or are using tech they are borrowing from their outdoor business. That isn't to say that colours wont ever come, but is an explanation for the colours available at launch.

I pass on the feedback from this thread though, and thanks to all for your contributions. Honestly, it is great that you care enough to tell us!

Edited - I got it wrong! :oops:
RTW it is great that you are engaging with your users. I for too long sent emails to Assos and got mealy mouthed corporate platitudes back.

Are the new ranges Mille GT, Equipe RS and Cento 113 fundamentally price point driven?

Profblack is my go to choice. Please don't stop doing it as I for one only ever wear plain colours. Happy for you to contemplate ProfRED as a future item.

What I don't understand is how some of the Assos prices got to be stratospheric. $700AU for a Bonka Profblack really tests the multi-decade love affair.

Please consider specifying your Winter 3/4 knickers with the best chamois possible as I spend all winter in them as I'm sure other do.

Assos should look at providing better care instructions. I have a RS.sturmPrinz jacket that after less than 10 wears lets the water through like a sieve.

thanks
I agree with 3/4 knickers and thights with better chamois. I think I should stock up with habu tights if it is true that only Mille range will be available for winter garments in the future. Not liking the looser fit and basic chamois at all.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

There's no truth that only the Mille range will be available for winter in the future.

@decade - no, the ranges aren't solely price driven, although price is part of the it. Mille GT is the cheapest and is everything most people need. Superb products with one of the best chamois available. Materials are world class and the cut is slightly more accomodating than out and out race fit. It could be considered training kit for those racers riding mega miles, and best kit for the rest of us. It works with the other products perfectly too.

Equipe RS is up a price point, because the technology and materials are more expensive. It is our race proposition and aero.

Cento / 113 takes the materials and tech from Equipe, and applies the fit from Mille GT.

guyc

by guyc

@RTW

I currently use S7 Equipe Evo bibs. What will be the closest match in terms of fit with the new S9 bibs?

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Just throwing this out there, but I'd probably assume the S9 Equipe's.....

https://road.cc/content/tech-news/24832 ... ort-design
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

guyc

by guyc

Indeed.

Except now we have two types of Equipe!

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Fill your boots:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gxea59ozyuyl ... q-e6a?dl=0

S9 will launch on the Equipe RS ($249), Equipe RSR ($369), and Cento EVO ($319) bib models.

Two versions of the S9 bibs will be available to choose from: the Equipe S9 RS will focus on further stability with the addition of the rollBar, a strap that extends from the A-Lock to the chamois to counter horizontal movement as riders shift their weight from left to right. The second bib, called the Equipe S9 RSR, will forgo the rollBar in favor of shaving a bit of weight off and will instead rely solely on a higher compression fabric for stabilization.

guyc

by guyc

Cheers dude. They look bloody good eh.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

guyc wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:39 am
I like them! Been riding them for a while..... eagle eyed people have may spot them in the Chilterns! :shock: :lol:

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

RTW: Hook a brother up! They will look fabulous covered in snot doing winter laps of Richmond Park!

Since essentially I work for Assos now, I expect a hefty discount :beerchug:

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

guyc wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:31 am
Indeed.

Equipe RS s9 - this is the successor to the Equipe EVO S7 (although this short is still exists in our collection for 2019)
Equipe RSR s9 - this is the successor in many respects to the Campionissimo short.

GaBa

by GaBa

RTW wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:00 am
There's no truth that only the Mille range will be available for winter in the future.

@decade - no, the ranges aren't solely price driven, although price is part of the it. Mille GT is the cheapest and is everything most people need. Superb products with one of the best chamois available. Materials are world class and the cut is slightly more accomodating than out and out race fit. It could be considered training kit for those racers riding mega miles, and best kit for the rest of us. It works with the other products perfectly too.

Equipe RS is up a price point, because the technology and materials are more expensive. It is our race proposition and aero.

Cento / 113 takes the materials and tech from Equipe, and applies the fit from Mille GT.
My apologies then, I thought I have read this somewhere in this topic (in one of your replies). Might have misunderstood it or even mixed up something. :oops:

guyc

by guyc

RTW wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:00 am
guyc wrote:
Indeed.

Equipe RS s9 - this is the successor to the Equipe EVO S7 (although this short is still exists in our collection for 2019)
Equipe RSR s9 - this is the successor in many respects to the Campionissimo short.
Splendid. I shall be picking some RS’s when they’re out.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

guyc wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:17 pm
RTW wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:00 am
guyc wrote:
Indeed.

Splendid. I shall be picking some RS’s when they’re out.

And when should that be? Will the Equipe RS bibs be the first ones to be available?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

defride

by defride

RTW wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:55 am
guyc wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:39 am
I like them! Been riding them for a while..... eagle eyed people have may spot them in the Chilterns! :shock: :lol:
Round here more likely Red Kite eyed folk I'd have thought!?

Will keep my not so Kite eye's peeled