Assos apparel questions

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
TonyM

by TonyM

Same here! I am using Assos products for more than 25 years now and the current names of the products etc.. are just a mess.
Make then understable or explain them better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LionelB

by LionelB

Dear Assos, while you are at it please make sure that every winter piece is available in colors that are not mostly black. It's a terrible color choice for the winter.

TonyM

by TonyM

LionelB wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:04 pm
Dear Assos, while you are at it please make sure that every winter piece is available in colors that are not mostly black. It's a terrible color choice for the winter.

+1!

Black looks cool but it is terribly unsafe, especially in the winter.
Same for grey etc....

If you want to keep your customers alive, make some bright colors! Like the Equipe RS Rain jacket in this orange colour! :thumbup:

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

TonyM wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:09 pm
LionelB wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:04 pm

+1!

Black looks cool but it is terribly unsafe, especially in the winter.
Same for grey etc....

If you want to keep your customers alive, make some bright colors! Like the Equipe RS Rain jacket in this orange colour! :thumbup:

Yes! Yes!

Some armwarmers in safety orange or at least the LollyRed of the RS rain jacket would also be great.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Their naming conventions are god awful.

It’s part of what kept me away from them for so long, honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robertbb

by robertbb

Just picked up their summer evo7 no sleeve skinfoil (1/4). Look forward to trying soon but fit is superb for me.
Already have their spring/fall evo7 short sleeve (2/4) which is simply fantastic.

I won't go any thicker than that ... under 10 degrees and I'm on the trainer because my hands and feet go numb outdoors. 8% body fat does that :)

mag

by mag

robertbb You need to eat more bread with lard, more lard than bread! :-D

I too find the Assos product line very confusing and hard to figure out what are exact differences between certain products. There's definitely a room for improvement - naming, descriptions, temperature ranges, providing a simple overview one can use to narrow down their selection.

And I also second what's been said regarding the "black only" (or black mostly) color choices. First I really dislike having everything black (boring, and am I going to some funeral or what?), second the visibility of such garment in low visibility conditions is poor. Use of some reflective elements improves the situation, but it could be much better with certain colors.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Gentlemen,

On the whole black clothing issue, if you are riding without front and rear flashers you are taking unecessary risks. Yes high vis kit is helpful, but it's not as good as a flashing light. Furthermore, I'd rather go with some compact lights and classy looking clothes then dress up like a rodeo clown.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

TonyM

by TonyM

Yepp I also don‘t like to look like a clown or a rodeo clown!! (Like these riders with crazy socks...)

I meanwhile ride with front and rear flashing lights in the winter and the summer since I live in Canada (that was not necessary where I previously lived in Germany and in Switzerland)

The question is not Black or HiVis but having more choice than only dark colors for the winter clothes....

Sportful offers their well known „Fiandre“ jackets in a „regular“ color and in yellow for example.

And Assos did a good job with offering the LollyRed for the Equipe RS Rain. You don‘t like it? Take the dark grey. But the fact is that there is a market for that (and for the crazy socks ...LOL)

biwa

by biwa

Can anyone that has experience with their evo7 leg warmers comment on their quality and functionality? For colder weather rides, I'm debating getting the leg warmers or another full tights.

TonyM

by TonyM

I am using the Assos leg warmer Evo S7 in the whole winter so up to -2C together with the Tiburu S7 bib. Works well for me.

Only if it is raining and cold I use the Sportful no rain or Castelli nanoflex bib & leg warmer.

robertbb

by robertbb

Should also add, I bought their Fugu under-helmet hat for colder (about 10 degree) weather. Talk about an engineered piece of kit.... very good stuff!

TonyM

by TonyM

robertbb wrote:Should also add, I bought their Fugu under-helmet hat for colder (about 10 degree) weather. Talk about an engineered piece of kit.... very good stuff!
+1!

First I wondered why it was so expensive but once I used it I figured out that it was extremely efficient and really worth the pricing!

biwa

by biwa

TonyM wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:09 am
I am using the Assos leg warmer Evo S7 in the whole winter so up to -2C together with the Tiburu S7 bib. Works well for me.

Only if it is raining and cold I use the Sportful no rain or Castelli nanoflex bib & leg warmer.
Does it stay up on the thighs during the ride? And which size did you get for your build? Thx

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

c60rider

by c60rider

I am a particularly cold person for example in the winter my feet remain like blocks of ice in less than 5 degrees despite winter socks and 2 pairs of over boots some fleecy skin tight and assos over the top. But what i still find brilliant is the fugu jacket that they dropped for some reason. I just need a single base layer underneath. It's far warmer than the Bonka jacket even though that one is also for super cold weather. In fact the fugu i can only wear under 5 degrees or I'll end up getting too warm