Assos apparel questions

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
kode54

by kode54

Haha. My friend said the same thing. I find it hard to believe they would alter sizing. M arm length also doesn't fit...too long in M, just right in S.
New Mille like you...same deal. New S is old M. I was shocked on the GTC gravel cargo bib shorts which is why i decided to get the S and the M and return one of them.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

steveadore

by steveadore

Orange is the new black, S is the new M. Seriously, though, this is really useful information because a lot of people would expect some sizing and fit consistency for one brand at least (of course, across brands, it has always varied), so you're saving a lot of us extra returns and exchanged

GaBa

by GaBa

I am in the same boat, unfortunatelly used the jacket (Johdah) and am selling it almost brand new. Still have two bibs NIB (RS S9 and GTS) in M but will try S first before using them. Maybe they'll fit better?

kode54

by kode54

I have M Bonka...the older Assos winter tights and jacket. I needed another winter ensemble...so I got the Johdah and GTO Winter tights...both in S. Johdah S fits like the Bonka M...can't tell much difference in tightness as I use both this winter season. Had I gotten the Johdah in M, it would've been floppy and larger length sleeves. I just bought the GTC bib shorts since I like cargo pockets. The material is a bit thicker and more like Spring/Fall than summer weight...but as far as sizing...as I mentioned, I bought S and M since I've been having issues with inbetween sizing. Tried the M GTC bib shorts and it is definitely larger than a M mille 2/3 bib shorts (which I have and compared it to).

The RS S9 bib shorts I have is in M...and fits like a M. I don't have a GTS so can't comment on that. The sizing issue is a mess to say the least.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Curious George

by Curious George

Does anyone know the pad thickness of the MILLE GTO BIB SHORTS C2?
Deciding between that and the announced MILLE GTC KIESPANZER BIB SHORTS C2 (gravel shorts)

Thx in advance

mendiz

by mendiz

@Curious George In that review they say more than 21 mm, GTS is 13 I think and RS 9 mm
https://www.cyclingnews.com/reviews/ass ... ts-review/
You don´t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

Curious George

by Curious George

mendiz wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:30 pm
@Curious George In that review they say more than 21 mm, GTS is 13 I think and RS 9 mm
https://www.cyclingnews.com/reviews/ass ... ts-review/
Thx, ended up getting a pair of the GTO shorts

Pabloldv

by Pabloldv

does anyone know if the Mille GTS bib shorts are longer than what Assos bibs used to be? Two years ago I bought the Equipe RS S9 and they where ridiculously short on me.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Pabloldv wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 10:01 am
does anyone know if the Mille GTS bib shorts are longer than what Assos bibs used to be? Two years ago I bought the Equipe RS S9 and they where ridiculously short on me.
I don't know about the Mille GTS but the new Equipe RS Targa bibs do have longer legs that the original iteration.

ek2022

by ek2022

It is unexplicable that Assos have both XLG and TIR but not, for example, XL in length and L in fit. My work around is to go with XL in the race fitting Equipe, which is long enough but still a bit loose. Long leg bibs in L is annoyingly short; a gap between bib and sock is not ideal winter time.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

Over the past 3 seasons I have been wearing Mille (jerseys and shorts) in S and Equipe RS in M.

Have the sizes for the Equipe RS summer line in 2022 changed? I just ordered a Equipe RS jersey in M and I'm questioning now if I should have gone for the S. I tried the 'S' in Equipe RS last year (2021 line) and it was far too small.

kode54

by kode54

Its been discussed a few pages back. I had the same issues with S and M. I used to wear M and haven't lost enough weight to size down. That said, some recent orders in M was like wearing a Large so I had to return them and get S.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kervelo

by kervelo

kytyree wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:38 pm
Thoughts on the "gravel" range?
I like the new GTC Kiespanzer cargo bib shorts. Only limited use so far, but they feel great. I wear the same size as my other Assos bibs.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

iamraymond wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 1:36 pm
Over the past 3 seasons I have been wearing Mille (jerseys and shorts) in S and Equipe RS in M.

Have the sizes for the Equipe RS summer line in 2022 changed? I just ordered a Equipe RS jersey in M and I'm questioning now if I should have gone for the S. I tried the 'S' in Equipe RS last year (2021 line) and it was far too small.

My new jersey arrived today and I wanted to follow up. The size M on the 2022 Equipe RS Summer jersey (link) seems to be similar size/fit to my 2020 Equipe RS Aero jersey (link).

card0s

by card0s

iamraymond wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:36 pm
My new jersey arrived today and I wanted to follow up. The size M on the 2022 Equipe RS Summer jersey (link) seems to be similar size/fit to my 2020 Equipe RS Aero jersey (link).

Are there any major differences in the Equipe RS jerseys over the years?

I have a couple of Fastlane Rock jerseys, a team Qhubeka Replica and the new Mille GT C2 GRUPPETTO all in size S.
I like them but I would like to try a more racing fit jersey, so I am interested in trying an Equipe RS jersey.
Regarding size, I'm thinking of sticking with S.
As for the version I found both 2020 and 2021 versions in my size, both discounted, but one cheaper than the other.
If there are no major differences between them I'll just get the cheapest one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com