Assos apparel questions

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Ypuh wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:45 pm
Everything at Assos appears to go down except for the price.

There was a point in life (about 5 years ago) when my complete wardrobe was Assos. Since then other brands have caught on and Assos doubled or tripled their prices but fit, innovations that turned out not so well and QC have went down.

For me the #1 issue are the extremely short leg and parts. I feel like I forgot to put on pants when walking out the door.
I have the Mille GTO C2 Long and the leg length is perfect. It's not all the way to the knees like Rapha Pro Team Long, but just perfect modern length. I also have RS S9 Targa which has longer length than the old RS S9.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

I found the GTO winter C2 tights for a good price, 230 euros. I have already ordered R Habu which were 200 euros, so just a small difference in price.

The previous poster said he could use GTO winter in up to 13C. If that was the case, I would get those.

Do you guys think there is much of a difference between GTO and R Habu when it comes to warmth and breathability? I'd like some water resistance but Habu has none, and GTO I fear are too warm.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Do you guys think womens versions of Assos base layers will work for men? Anyone tried this? I know it can be done with some brands. You just size up. Found a great deal, that's why I'm asking.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

kode54

by kode54

Assos baselayers are unisex I think.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

kode54 wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:09 pm
Assos baselayers are unisex I think.
No, there are mens and womens models actually.
DE65C855-8C44-456B-AE44-B76F9D57B0C1.png
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

kervelo wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:30 am
Has anybody used both the new Assos GTC Kiespanzer and the older Assos XC bibs? What are the differences, if any?
I used to have the XC bibs. Now I replaced them with Kiespanzer. The obvious difference is the pad. Other than that, Kiespanzer don't have the abrasion resistant material of XC. XC in M which I had fit me about the same as Kiespanzer in S. Also Kiespanzer are thicker, the material on the sides is a thicker stretchy material.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

I got all the stuff today. All the base layers fit perfectly, both size 1 and 2. Although size 1 is a little tight.

The Habu tights seem thicker than I expected. I'm thinking I might just as well get GTO winter tights instead. I have a hard time imagining that they will be thicker than this.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

I'm probably going to order the GTO. I am 70kg and 180cm. Do you guys think I need M or S? I wear S in Assos summer bibs. But the S9 Spring Fall, I need M because the material is not that stretchy. The Habu seem to fit well in M but feel loose at the waist.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

lukaszzsch

by lukaszzsch

178/78-82 kg and use M, i would sugest S for you.

kode54

by kode54

lukaszzsch wrote:178/78-82 kg and use M, i would sugest S for you.
Definitely small. Assos, like everyone else (almost), has gone to vanity sizing. A few years ago, M was too small, now, the small is like the medium from before.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

Roadbiker10 wrote:I got all the stuff today. All the base layers fit perfectly, both size 1 and 2. Although size 1 is a little tight.

The Habu tights seem thicker than I expected. I'm thinking I might just as well get GTO winter tights instead. I have a hard time imagining that they will be thicker than this.
I have old Habu and new one I’d much different. But I didn’t get the new Habu and instead, went with the GTO which I like (all GTO line is nice to me).
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

kode54 wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:24 am
lukaszzsch wrote:178/78-82 kg and use M, i would sugest S for you.
Definitely small. Assos, like everyone else (almost), has gone to vanity sizing. A few years ago, M was too small, now, the small is like the medium from before.
Yeah I noticed that. I used to have M in Assos bibs, and now only S. Although the Mille GT Evo jacket is perfect on me in M. And i have a Lehoudini suit which is also perfect in M.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

kode54 wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:27 am
Roadbiker10 wrote:I got all the stuff today. All the base layers fit perfectly, both size 1 and 2. Although size 1 is a little tight.

I have old Habu and new one I’d much different. But I didn’t get the new Habu and instead, went with the GTO which I like (all GTO line is nice to me).
Yeah I have the GTO bibs and they are amazing, I love the thick pad actually. Problem is right now that only M is available in GTO winter tights at the sale price. So I'm afraid that it would be too big. My other candidate is Rapha Cargo Winter tights.

My medium Habu which I just got, are like I said great on the legs but seem kind of loose on the front waist. I think I've read somewhere that Assos have some kind of feature where the waist is supposed to be more loose. Not sure though if it's supposed to be like that.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

kode54

by kode54

Waist should not be loose. That new Habu M is a large in todays sizing lineup. Legs should be compression feel. I wouldn’t get it despite the sale price. You’ll find it again in the proper size.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

Oh, and the Rapha cargo…you’ll need a M for that unless they changed their sizing. I have a pair when they first introduced them. You’ll get frozen nuts as they don’t have much wind lock there. I think I may only wore the once or twice…once for a Shortest Day Century ride last year on Dec 21st (last time I wore them) since I needed more storage since we didn’t plan to stop so I had to carry lots of fuel.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc