2016 Venge

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
newforker

by newforker

pastronef wrote:
newforker wrote:
mile2424 wrote:So that explains the bike I saw D'aluisio riding. I guess the question with the real photo is whether that bike features the aero frame and the rim brakes which it certainly looks like. Where does this put the brakes on the non hydraulic rim version?

Re: Non-hydraulic rim version brakes would be in the same position. As far as I can tell, in the picture the gentleman is using 9070 STI's and not R785 STI's.

Again, as far as I can tell...

normal brakes levers with hydraulic brakes. D.Zabriskie 2012 S5

http://road.cc/content/news/61275-team- ... road-bikes

While this possible, if you look at the picture there is no "conversion box" like on Zabriskies bike under the stem...soo its safe to assume those levers and brake calipers are entirely mechanical...

Trkorb

by Trkorb

Very interesting design, I'm dying for a few more pictures, have anymore been leaked???

by Weenie

arthurf

by arthurf

joepac wrote:
spartan wrote:hmmmm trek madone engineers must be having a good laugh if this is what spec will release in june....

this is worse then the clown wheels roval introduce a couple a years ago

There is a lot of ugly, gimmicky bull$h!t on the Trek as well. As ugly as the Trek is (and considering that it looks a lot like an obese Venge) those wheels would go perfectly on it :lol: . Between this, the center pull brakes on the new Madone, and Felt, BMC, and the new Scott Foil all using an annoying BB mounted rear brake my future options for aero road bikes are dwindling :( . I hope this trend of sacrificing serviceability and real world performance for such minor aero "gains" does not become the "future" of aero road bikes :roll: . Hopefully Cervelo and Canyon don't end up falling prey to this and stick to the use of normal components. The only way that this could be advantageous is if Spec have considered the impending disc brake integration and this system somehow allows an easy conversion... Not holding my breath on that as it would actually make sense :roll:

Ridley Noah SL. Very similar looking frame to the new foil but with a seatstay mounted brake. Think I would go for this over the new foil just based on the brake position!

KWalker

by KWalker

I'm sorry but I like the integrated proprietary stuff as long as it works well. I think its great that manufacturers are progressing to the point where they can produce braking systems that are functionally on par or better than the big 3 AND serve a structural or aerodynamic purpose.

We know nothing about these brakes yet, but what if they are a really strong rim brake that modulates really well? AND somehow they test more aero? Provided the arms put the weight reasonably on par with any top tier big 3 offering then I'd be really happy to ride them. Same goes for the center pull brakes on the Madone. I don't need or love aero bikes in particular, but if the weight ain't too far off and the ride quality is better than the last few generations then I welcome all of these changes.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

joepac

by joepac

arthurf wrote:Ridley Noah SL. Very similar looking frame to the new foil but with a seatstay mounted brake. Think I would go for this over the new foil just based on the brake position!

Weight is right at 950g but unless it is more aero than the Noah FAST then I'm not impressed. The FAST got beaten out by most aero bikes and several non aero bikes in Tour.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

KWalker wrote:I'm sorry but I like the integrated proprietary stuff as long as it works well. I think its great that manufacturers are progressing to the point where they can produce braking systems that are functionally on par or better than the big 3 AND serve a structural or aerodynamic purpose.

We know nothing about these brakes yet, but what if they are a really strong rim brake that modulates really well? AND somehow they test more aero? Provided the arms put the weight reasonably on par with any top tier big 3 offering then I'd be really happy to ride them. Same goes for the center pull brakes on the Madone. I don't need or love aero bikes in particular, but if the weight ain't too far off and the ride quality is better than the last few generations then I welcome all of these changes.

I agree... if it's light, aero and works sign me up
2019 BMC TM01 Road UCI config 7.36kg

tinozee

by tinozee

spartan wrote:hmmmm trek madone engineers must be having a good laugh if this is what spec will release in june....

this is worse then the clown wheels roval introduce a couple a years ago

If they do things like Zerts on the Roubaix I won't be surprised if they release brakes like this. They need to go the other direction and reel in the goofy stuff.

LetsRide

by LetsRide

At 25mph or 40kph, 5 minutes saved over 40km means approx 47 watts saved, probably over traditional round tube. This makes sense.

Ritxis

by Ritxis

JasperGr

by JasperGr

Mmm I interesting, I hope they fine tune the head area and stem.

Trkorb

by Trkorb

Well... That's.... interesting. I just can't make my mind up on whether this is the real thing they are actually going to sell to people or not...

I wonder how the cable gets to that rear brake?

lippythelion

by lippythelion

So will the stem will be adjustable for angle to maintain integration?

Ahillock

by Ahillock

Ritxis wrote:Image

And people have made fun of how the Cervelo S5 looked? lol :lol:

ichobi

by ichobi

Is that for real....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

kgt

by kgt

lol