Ultra Lightweight CARBON WORKS bottle cage 5 gr

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

4ibanez wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:41 pm
Look great, work great, light as a feather. Couldn't be happier with my 5g versions (which are more like 4.5g somehow).
Ditto

froze

by froze

Simon, thanks for the more accurate reply, I was thinking that the 8 gram cage probably would be better suited for street use.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pop

by Pop

I love your bottlecage, and I think it's an issue that it has been told, but v2 is about 60€ and v2.1, 90€?....Why is there a huge difference?

Carbonwork

by Carbonwork

Pop wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:14 pm
I love your bottlecage, and I think it's an issue that it has been told, but v2 is about 60€ and v2.1, 90€?....Why is there a huge difference?
We had to change our price structure, due to the high demand and the high quality of the material we use for Version 2.1
In my opinion: The best bottlecage should not be one of the cheap cages ;)

For all of our faithful readers - here is a discount code ;)

carbonworksforweightweenies

:beerchug:

1sanglier

by 1sanglier

Pop wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:42 pm
Carbonworks fake?

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 5&t=153093
Why do you think it"s fake ???

Carbonwork

by Carbonwork

Hello!
Yes this is a fake:

We are warning about copied bottle cages. The CarbonWorks design was stolen and used for the production of counterfeit goods. We declare that these products are not of our origin. We will not cover any warranty or give crash replacement for these cages. Furthermore we will take legal steps against wholesalers, if they operate in countries where our design has patented rights. Original cages have the letters “carbonworks.de” written on the cage. “Volké” or "TNI" for example are faked cages and only a copy not made by CarbonWorks. Please let us know, if you get information about these cages are being sold somewhere.

kode54

by kode54

that sucks. sorry to hear about that.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Vermu

by Vermu

That means you`ve grown enough to be worthwhile copying, sucks but still kudos for that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

^ Though your cages ain't cheap, they work very well and is worthy of a weightweenie's build.

Time to ban PrinceEdward... Turns out he was just accumulating posts to access the Classified section...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

darnellrm

by darnellrm

Carbonwork wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:24 pm
Hello!
Yes this is a fake:

We are warning about copied bottle cages. The CarbonWorks design was stolen and used for the production of counterfeit goods. We declare that these products are not of our origin. We will not cover any warranty or give crash replacement for these cages. Furthermore we will take legal steps against wholesalers, if they operate in countries where our design has patented rights. Original cages have the letters “carbonworks.de” written on the cage. “Volké” or "TNI" for example are faked cages and only a copy not made by CarbonWorks. Please let us know, if you get information about these cages are being sold somewhere.
Just curious...what is unique about your cage to make it patentable?

dricked

by dricked

Ordered two bottle cages and a Garmin mount directly from the source. I’m 100% certain they aren’t fake ;)

Just when you think you’re done your build...

PrinceEdward

by PrinceEdward

Just found my ad was deleted.

Admin.

Your add was deleted because your first question was how to access the for sale section of the forum and have spent the last week or two commenting randomly and then after posting in the "What I bought today" thread put up a for sale ad for the same items that are a pretty clear Knock off of the cages produced by CW.

Add to that given the content of your other posts I would not be surprised if you are actually the vendor for these cages.

Nef.

Attachments
idlefish-msg-1534424724544.jpeg
idlefish-msg-1534424721246.jpeg
idlefish-msg-1534424718635.jpeg

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Word it how you like, it's a pretty close copy of the CW cage.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

refthimos

by refthimos

Nefarious86 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:05 pm
Word it how you like, it's a pretty close copy of the CW cage.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Unless the shape is patented or otherwise protected, I'm not sure the manufacturer/seller of this cage has done anything wrong. After all, there are lots of product categories that have converged around similar designs. This seems to be a comment often leveled against the recent offering of aero road bikes. But we see it in products as mundane and ubiquitous as water bottles, bars, stems, and yes, bottle cages.

On the other hand, if PrinceEdward or anyone else misappropriates a trade name, e.g. advertises their water bottle cage as "Carbon Works,"
then that would likely be not just something most of us would view as morally wrong, but legally impermissible as well. In that case, the seller would be misappropriating the goodwill that Carbon Works has established in the (albeit niche) market of 4-7g water bottle cages. And consumers are harmed because they don't know whether they are buying real Carbon Works cages or knock-offs.

Maybe the knock-offs are as good (or even better) than real Carbon Works cages, but that is a question of fact and one the knock-off manufacturer/seller would need to argue to the market. In any case, consumers should know what they are buying, and if they want to take the risk of purchasing a Carbon Works knock-off or at least a cage with very similar design (if not performance, we don't know), they should do so on an informed basis and not on the false belief that they are buying a genuine Carbon Works cage.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com