Ultra Lightweight CARBON WORKS bottle cage 5 gr

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Attermann

by Attermann

Wookski wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:27 am
tonytourist wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:06 am
Didn't Berk make his own version of these cages as well as Aptitiude?
Your attention to detail is incredible :shock:
The alptitiude doesn't really look like these in my perspective, can't remember the Berk ones.

Wookski

by Wookski

Attermann wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:33 am
Wookski wrote:
tonytourist wrote:
The alptitiude doesn't really look like these in my perspective, can't remember the Berk ones.
I was being sarcastic!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Wookski wrote:
tonytourist wrote:
:welcome: :smartass: MY BAD DAWG - https://alpitude.cc/
I didn't see Prince Eduardo's post, however, if it is a blatant copy complete with fake logos then they should be removed from the board. If it is just a similar design, how is it different than any of the Chinese open mold stuff? FWIW my original Carbon Works cages that I got from RyanH started cracking a few weeks after I got them. I super glued them and that seemed to fix the problem but ultimately I decided they were too fragile for daily use and went back to Mandibles :cry:

KCookie

by KCookie

tonytourist wrote:Didn't Berk make his own version of these cages as well as Aptitiude?
Yes he did. I've got two.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PrinceEdward

by PrinceEdward

Finally some open-minded discussion:)

I got warned for promoting counterfeit goods which just a nude carbon piece, but how about those Chinese open mould frame, wheels and whatever topics? Go blame those promoting communities

Is this a treat with discretion?

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 Pixel 發送

Wookski

by Wookski

PrinceEdward wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:39 am
Finally some open-minded discussion:)

I got warned for promoting counterfeit goods which just a nude carbon piece, but how about those Chinese open mould frame, wheels and whatever topics? Go blame those promoting communities

Is this a treat with discretion?

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 Pixel 發送
I love your logic, do you apply the same position to other aspects of your life or just when you promote counterfeit products?

The amount of oxygen this matter has consumed is unfortunate.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Enough, open mould items are accepted, knock offs aren't, Simple. And the other Weenie cages on the forum are all different to each other in one way or another.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Hellok

by Hellok

How does this cage work with smaller frame sizes. The bottle on the downtube may catch with the one on the seat tube?

My Vico carbons have some tolerance to slide the bolt centre's up and down.

hannawald

by hannawald

There is no adjustability. So yes, it may interfere. It may interfere your chaincatcher and it may happen that you can not fully engage your bottle to seat tube cage because the bottom of bottle might reach down tube earlier than it reaches bottom nose of the cage.

knightskid

by knightskid

PrinceEdward wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:02 pm
This s shape cage is what I bought before he introduced me the look a like light cage, I never seen this cage on market existing so ....

All I can express is the world is larger than what I thought, and I admire quality carbon craftwork either carbon works or an OEM maker..
Oh...i have the same cage bought in march and thought is new product, bought 1 piece to have a look, workmanship is very good and adjustability, so bought another piece. Didn't know it been 2 years based on your thread.

Pop

by Pop

Topeak has made a copy of Carbonworks models???

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

SystmSix

by SystmSix

I wouldnt be suprised if they didnt reach out to CarbonWorks for rights to the patent....

Broady

by Broady

SystmSix wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:40 pm
I wouldnt be suprised if they didnt reach out to CarbonWorks for rights to the patent....
Going by their recent instagram stories CarbonWorks aren't particularly happy about it...

CarbonWorks

by CarbonWorks

Hey guys,
we are already proceeding with a lawyer against the copies of Topeak. Sadly there was no response yet.
It is very sad to see such a brand like Topeak doing this great attack to my small company.
In the past I looked up to Topeak, because in my opinion they were a good brand with great products.
I have just quit my main job, to focus on CarbonWorks and make better products for you. Now I am fighting to keep my business alive, because such a big company just took my idea, how to produce bottle cages. Happily I still have an active patent on the cages from the year 2015. Thanks to all of you, who support CarbonWorks.
🙏
Simon
carbonworks.de

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SystmSix

by SystmSix

I just bought a CarbonWorks mount for my Tibia and while its a great product and great customer service your cages seem to have been out of stock for some time now which opens the door for other developers to copy hence filling that demand. Not trying to justify their deed but this is rampant in this business and I think you world be better off focusing on products that are nothing like anything out there like the mount I bought which is what makes your company so special....