Ultra Lightweight CARBON WORKS bottle cage 5 gr

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

That makes sense, and I'll want to offer my sincere apologies to PrinceEdward as I recall that his ad did not mention Carbonworks at all. Though it looks very alike, the absence of branding makes the refute the counterfeit claim I guess...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PrinceEdward

by PrinceEdward

This s shape cage is what I bought before he introduced me the look a like light cage, I never seen this cage on market existing so ....

All I can express is the world is larger than what I thought, and I admire quality carbon craftwork either carbon works or an OEM maker..
Attachments
1534438343955~2.jpeg
1534438615176~2.jpeg

Vermu

by Vermu

This is a bit bs when thread is turning into princes marketing place instead of original subject.

Copying someones ip isn’t illegal but it doesn’t justify the act ethically.
Anyone can claim what they want but I would bet Prince has copied the product, and now coming to this thread advertising for other stuff. Oh cmon.

I understand when big S is copied and have no hard feelings, ht we’re talking about CW who are quite small but innovative.

P.s need new bottle cages for next season and those will be from cw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Why is it any different who is being copied? Theft of intellectual property is the same regardless of who the victim is.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Orbital

by Orbital

Nefarious86 wrote:Why is it any different who is being copied? Theft of intellectual property is the same regardless of who the victim is.

Because stealing from big companies doesn’t count since they are obviously gouging their customers...;)

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Well if Carbon Works doesn't have a registered trade mark or patent then obviously there can be no breach of either.

But that doesn't mean there isn't the possiblity of liability for breach of copyright or passing off (neither of which require a registered trade mark or patent), depending on the jurisdiction and inter-jurisdictional application of law.

Vermu

by Vermu

Nefarious86 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:23 am
Why is it any different who is being copied? Theft of intellectual property is the same regardless of who the victim is.

Wasn't clear enough tbh. We've seen chinese (mainly) copy business from the 80's and it keeps growing. There are open moulds that resemble bikes made by other companies.

What bugs me is that seeing CW doing their job with the ww-community and developing product to make it as light yet keeping it functional.
It just annoys more when target is smaller company who don't have resources (making assumption) to take it further.

Wookski

by Wookski

It’s clearly a copy and this is an international forum so the law will differ from country to country. The ethics don’t and the mods did the right thing by removing the post.

markdjr

by markdjr

Are the Carbonworks cages on ebay coming from China legit? Looks the same and is a bit cheaper.

Attermann

by Attermann

markdjr wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:12 pm
Are the Carbonworks cages on ebay coming from China legit? Looks the same and is a bit cheaper.
have you read some of the discussion on the last page in this thread?

markdjr

by markdjr

Attermann wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:02 pm
markdjr wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:12 pm
have you read some of the discussion on the last page in this thread?
I believe I have... thanks for providing such a helpful response. The ones on ebay are listed as Carbonworks, from a seller with a lot of good feedback who happens to be based in china. They are also pictured with the Carbonworks.de branding which according to a previous post by Carbonworks, means they are legit. All that being said, they are $20USD cheaper on ebay than direct from Carbonworks. This, as well as the recent info on this thread, prompted my question and your poor response. Hopefully someone will chime in with something relevant as opposed to condescending.

RyanH

by RyanH

Ebay has a way to flag counterfeit items so if Simon confirms they're fake then if someone can do that, I'm sure it would be appreciated.

jhalmar

by jhalmar

Carbonwork wrote:Please use max. 750 ml bottles.
Do you have plans to make a bottle cage that can be used with 950ml bottles? I really like your design but I usually use two Elite 950ml bottles for long rides and it would be great to have light cages for those.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Didn't Berk make his own version of these cages as well as Aptitiude?

Wookski

by Wookski

tonytourist wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:06 am
Didn't Berk make his own version of these cages as well as Aptitiude?
Your attention to detail is incredible :shock:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com