New 2016 Cannonade Evo and CAAD later this year

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
superdx

by superdx

It's in the descriptions of the parts under each of the SuperSix EVO models

nibby

by nibby

Nice, hi-mod says it's stiffer/lighter/di2/mech option, better colour options, that Blue is nice.

Hoping they will keep the price sensible for f&f.

by Weenie

eliflap-scalpel

by eliflap-scalpel

superdx wrote:Thanks for the link! Looks like some incremental improvements to the frame, not just a new paint job. And all the frames are Di2/mechanical switchable now too!

EDIT: OMG SUPERSIX EVO DISC!! But there's nothing about those models in the pictures!

damn ... where is the disc version ?? :noidea:

can't wait to see it.... :D
Attachments
disccccc.jpg
http://eliflap.it/

KWalker

by KWalker

So am I reading this right that they will have a proprietary seatpost diameter?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

That seems to be the case... Im guessing they have FSA on board, doubtful many other manufactures will add that option of Cannondale is the only one who specs it. FUN.

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

Pdf images show 2015 external cabling but photos of frames show internal.

deek

by deek

Not technically proprietary but just an uncommon diameter. I'm not pleased by the lack of options for probably zero benefit. FSA and Thomson were the only higher end seat posts I found when I was looking for a new post for a Synapse.

tinozee

by tinozee

Hmm the stack is a tad (6mm) taller on the new hi-mod evo and the caad12 in my size (58). Regular mod is the old geo. No big deal really, maybe due to new fork.

Overall this is a pretty cool set of updates. I most like the new yellow Caad12 disc and the neon orange FSI!

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

Regarding the seatpost, I think it is the same as the Synapse post which is 25.4 which isn't proprietary per se, but is just not common at the high end. It is actually a really common size on older road bikes from the 70s and 80s from before over sized tubing came into vogue. They spec it for the increased compliance because, as we know from Josh at Silca, riders supposedly can't determine the actual vertical stiffness of a frame other then in regard to seat post compliance. On MTBs with more extension they can still get the compliance they want while sticking with a more common (larger) diameter, but with the shorter extension of road posts they had to down size them.

myungjinkim

by myungjinkim

evo weight wonder

rasmussloth

by rasmussloth

I would really wish that a SuperX was di2 compatible.

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

Is it just me, or do the photos in the dealer book make the new Evo, and particularly the CAAD12 look a bit less "muscular" than their forebears? Tube shapes seem a lot slimmer to my eye.

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

ultyguy wrote:
phlip wrote:
Is that a fluo-red one on the pedestal? And it seems all the SuperSix EVOs will be equipped with spiderrings now. That is a very welcome change. Looks much better than the FSA chainrings.

Yeah but they need to get w/ the times and do a 52/36

They have, according to the dealer book.

CamW

by CamW

MisterMuncher wrote:Is it just me, or do the photos in the dealer book make the new Evo, and particularly the CAAD12 look a bit less "muscular" than their forebears? Tube shapes seem a lot slimmer to my eye.

Definitely not just you. To my eyes the fork is the part which looks the most slimmed down.

KWalker

by KWalker

I don't see the point in this bike.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie