New 2016 Cannonade Evo and CAAD later this year

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
phlip

by phlip

Thank you very much for the pictures, eliflap-scalpel. Would you happen to have more shots of the SuperSix EVO range?

Is that a fluo-red one on the pedestal? And it seems all the SuperSix EVOs will be equipped with spiderrings now. That is a very welcome change. Looks much better than the FSA chainrings.

phlip

by phlip

I found this on instagram:

https://instagram.com/p/4NWGloQECu/

by Weenie

upside

by upside

That pic shows no brakes.. now I see the discs.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

phlip wrote:
Is that a fluo-red one on the pedestal? And it seems all the SuperSix EVOs will be equipped with spiderrings now. That is a very welcome change. Looks much better than the FSA chainrings.

Yeah but they need to get w/ the times and do a 52/36

MartinR

by MartinR

Shimano recommends a minimum chainstay length of 415mm with disc brakes, in order to avoid any chainline issues. Current disc brakes equipped models ( cad10 black inc and rival disc) came in 405/408mm. Wonder how Cannondale compensated and if there are any resulting issues for the owner?

@eliflap-scalpel : what is max tire clearance on your CAAD10 Disc?

superdx

by superdx

Are the chainline issues perhaps the worry that larger discs may rub against the chainline itself?

Maybe in the CAAD disc manual that you can't install huge rotors, and 160mm max? That's not a problem for road cyclists though. I suspect many will stick with 140mm just to keep weight down.

tranzformer

by tranzformer

Sacke wrote:Well, looks like I'll start waiting for the 2017 models...

The new adventure bike looks nice, but other than that, nothing that would tempt me back yet.

Looks like less and less high-end models have non-OEM wheels as well. I am sure the CZero wheels are ok, but I would never take them over a pair of Enve or Mavic.

Same cost cutting seems to spill over to cranksets and chainrings.

Too bad... With prices going up at the same time, harder and harder to justify paying the premium prices.

Skip buying complete bikes and buy framesets? :noidea:

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Interesting, 5 years now on the same EVO.... I love mine (minus the constant PF30 annoyances)
Id assume next year to see a new TT and road bike for sure..

Any word on the gravel bike pricing and specs, models available??

nooski

by nooski

You can download the whole new catalogue here: http://vendors.cannondale.com/15/2016_C ... BAL_LR.pdf
Dum spiro spero
my bike: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=130302

maquisard

by maquisard

Wow, thanks for that!

The dealers guide confirms the new EVO is BB30A, 73mm wide shell and aero-ish tube profiles. It is not just this year's EVO with a new paint scheme

uraqt

by uraqt

290 for the fork is light : )

pamountainbiker

by pamountainbiker

Sorry what is the significance of the 73MM BB? Does this preclude me using a Dura Ace crankset?
Last edited by pamountainbiker on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Svetty

by Svetty

Catalogue lists 2 disc models in the new Evo range but them omits them from the spec listings. Shum mishtake shurely?

superdx

by superdx

Thanks for the link! Looks like some incremental improvements to the frame, not just a new paint job. And all the frames are Di2/mechanical switchable now too!

EDIT: OMG SUPERSIX EVO DISC!! But there's nothing about those models in the pictures!

by Weenie

importbible

by importbible

superdx wrote:Thanks for the link! Looks like some incremental improvements to the frame, not just a new paint job. And all the frames are Di2/mechanical switchable now too!

EDIT: OMG SUPERSIX EVO DISC!! But there's nothing about those models in the pictures!

where does it say its switchable (for the supersix specifically)?