campagnolo experts help please

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Yes I believe so.

This all assumes that the bearings are in good condition, as this is an expensive conversion.

The drawing for your hub is here http://www.campagnolo.com/media/files/035_171_Catalogue_spare%20parts_tools_Campagnolo_2006_part_B.pdf

I don't know if you have disassembled one before, but the thing to know is that the freehub retaining nut RE 026 is reverse threaded. Otherwise it's straightforward.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

by Weenie

Cocolo

by Cocolo

Yes the bearing are in great shape. I've taken good care of these hubs and they are still rolling smooth despite of the years. This is why I want to keep them on the road. I appreciate your help. Thanks again.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I wonder if the buu015 freehub will actually fit onto a RE415 axle (the new one). It may or may not. Another possibility is to fit a modern axle and freehub to the old hub. If your plan was to work the RE415 body would be the same and interchangeable with the BUU015 body but they are not. There are differences.

Given campag 11 speed and shimano 11 speed are interchangeable why not use a campag cassette on your hub. If you are running shimano 10 speed still then J-tek do shiftmates to convert cable pull. A whole lot cheaper.

Cocolo

by Cocolo

Well as bikerjulio suggested, I bought the axle (FH-BO001) and the freehub body (FH-BUU015X1), both Campagnolo Original Spare Parts, and made the switch in about 20 minutes. I was running a Campy 11s cassette and it was working fine but I like to keep the "system integration" integrated! All is good, I can run Shimano or SRAM cassettes (which are cheaper than Campy!) with 100% compatibility and if I want to switch the wheel back to use on my Campy bike, I can just put the old axle and freehub back again. Thanks for the feedback again bikerjulio! You know your stuff.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Glad it worked out OK.

I'm just an interested amateur. There are a few Campy professionals around here with way more knowledge and experience.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

The new axle and freehub are the bits you need and make up the current FH re415 part.