Vision Metron 4D handlebars, anyone using them ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bigfloor

by bigfloor

Got my 44cm version in black recently, installing took some time again, but it looks awesome and feels like a perfect fit for my hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrtkcmz

by mrtkcmz

I am on the market for vision metro 4d handlebars 40mm any long term review for them? thank you

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

For weight and aero (really thin wing) the Easton EC90 Aero is hard to beat. Maybe these have an ergo shape you like or something but 40cm EC90s are my recommendation. Too bad they don't make a 38cm.

bigfloor

by bigfloor

Can't speak for the Eastons, but I'm verry happy with my Metron 4D's. Just returned from Italy where I rode 2 Granfondo's, Novecolli 205km, 3800m elevation) and the GF SegaFredo-Asolo (165km,3800m elevation), without any problems with my hands/fingers even though I don"t wear gloves.

My favourite position is hands just before the hoods because of it's nice flat shape, 2nd position is on the top, just left/right from the stem where it's almost flat (wing shaped), 3rd position on the drops

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

mrtkcmz

by mrtkcmz

Lelandjt wrote:For weight and aero (really thin wing) the Easton EC90 Aero is hard to beat. Maybe these have an ergo shape you like or something but 40cm EC90s are my recommendation. Too bad they don't make a 38cm.

EC90s are my other option. and also I am looking for Easton EC70 Aero bars too. trying to decide weight price and aero advantage.

does EC90s easy on inner routing? do you use only inner cable or as they are.

mrtkcmz

by mrtkcmz

one more question about ec90s. Enough space for a Garmin mount? (sram)

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

I don't know how well out front mounts work with EC90 (I use the stock mount on the stem) but it probably depends how wide your stem face plate is.
As for routing cables I don't remember it being hard.

iamalex

by iamalex

Sorry for the thread dredge... does anyone know if the 80mm reach measurement takes into account the 10deg forward sweep of the bars? Or is the shifter position 80mm plus the forward sweep offset?

backdoor

by backdoor

iamalex wrote:Sorry for the thread dredge... does anyone know if the 80mm reach measurement takes into account the 10deg forward sweep of the bars? Or is the shifter position 80mm plus the forward sweep offset?
There is a 7mm add, see here -
http://blog.fairwheelbikes.com/reviews- ... ar-review/

-Sean

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Through the Valleys and over the Mountains...
2013 Ridley Helium - 6.9Kg
2017 Blue ProSecco - 9.0Kg
2018 Ridley Noah SL - 7.85Kg

slashy

by slashy

hi , can anyone measure the length of the 31.8mm section ? want to understand how much room there is for stem / garmin mount / light mount...
thanks

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

4D, not the 4D MAS?

i have both as well as 5D, all are great. i did feel 4D is more comfortable but i didnt feel the flex get in the way. the 4D MAS cable ports are a pain to use. the 4D is better but also not very modern compared to 5D or other more recent offerings.
slashy wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:18 am
hi , can anyone measure the length of the 31.8mm section ? want to understand how much room there is for stem / garmin mount / light mount...
thanks

no, there isn't enough space. i ended up with stem face plate mount instead. will add picture when i get home
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

slashy

by slashy

64mm, got the answer from vision support in less than a day.

sooni

by sooni

Last edited by sooni on Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

sooni

by sooni

backdoor wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:59 pm
iamalex wrote:Sorry for the thread dredge... does anyone know if the 80mm reach measurement takes into account the 10deg forward sweep of the bars? Or is the shifter position 80mm plus the forward sweep offset?
There is a 7mm add, see here -
http://blog.fairwheelbikes.com/reviews- ... ar-review/

-Sean

Where did you get 7mm? I see 89mm...

Spoke to vision support and they claim 80mm from the center of the stem clamp.

The ramp behind the hood is shortened due to the forward sweep.

"The forward sweep of the Metron 4D Compact, 4D Flat, Trimax 4D Compact and Trimax Compact does not actually extend the position of the hoods. It simply shortens the arear that your palms would rest when on the back end of the shifter hood. The actual reach from the center of the stem clamp area to the center of the hood mounting ring does not change compared to other Vision bars. I have attached a sheet showing those measurements. "

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

backdoor

by backdoor

Fairwheel bikes measures center of bars where the stem clamps to the bar to the forward leading edge of the bar when the drops are parallel to the ground.

87 mm would be from center of handlebars to center of where the hood ring would mount which is what most handlebar manufacturers use for measurents.

That's what I measured on mine. Also these bars have more room behind the hoods than my short reach compact 70mm bars and my Deda Superzeros.

I'm not in love with them, mostly because the cutout area on the bar behind the hood is interesting. I'm not sure its very comfortable. Still trying to figure this area out with different hand positions.

ImageImageImageImage

Through the Valleys and over the Mountains...
2013 Ridley Helium - 6.9Kg
2017 Blue ProSecco - 9.0Kg
2018 Ridley Noah SL - 7.85Kg