ee cycleworks brakes

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
scotty

by scotty

Can anyone tell me what the adjustment is like on this brakes when changing between different rim width's.
I current have training wheels at 20.5 and race wheels at 22.6..

Thanks

by Weenie

kode54

by kode54

scotty wrote:Can anyone tell me what the adjustment is like on this brakes when changing between different rim width's.
I current have training wheels at 20.5 and race wheels at 22.6..

Thanks

there are three different washer thicknesses with the brake pad holders. thinnest for the wide rims...thick for narrow ones. with only 2.1 mm difference...maybe split the difference and use the medium washer so you don't have to take them off when changing wheels. i have even wider wheels (Enve SES) and use the thin ones and have no issues with them. the latest ones stop very well with great modulation. i have one of the earlier sets...another one that's 3 years old and the latest one being the newer style with side to side adjustment. the last two sets i got are even better than the very first sets...but no complaints on any of them...and i like the look of the brakes myself.
- AX Lightness Vial EVO D + DA9150 + Enve SES 3.4 carbon hubs
- Parlee Altum + DA9150 + Enve SES 4.5 carbon hubs
- Parlee ESX + DA9150 + THM SRM PM + Enve SES 6.7 CK hubs
- Independent Fabrication Ti FLW + DA9100 + Enve 3.4 CK hubs

dlcrep

by dlcrep

Has anyone had issues with the pad slipping off from the pad holder? I understand there's no fixing bolt so it draws concerns under heavy braking into a corner.

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

No. The resulting force of braking actually pushes the pad further into the pad holder. Unless you install your pad holdersq backwards, it is physically impossible.

scotty

by scotty

Thanks for the info

aaronham

by aaronham

Great brakes with all positive reviews in even other forum. the only one issue is price which is a little expensive.

Bogan

by Bogan

Worth every cent.
MAMIL? Never. O.F.I.L. yeh! (Old F**ker in Lycra)

xena
Banned

by xena

Cleaning nightmare, not the lightest by a long way, over rated and expensive.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

nickf

by nickf

I like mine. Lots of power and they still have modulation with my 27mm wide wheels. Easy to adjust when i swap to my other wheels. Never had a issue with the pad holders. The pads are being forced forward under braking. No way they could come out.

corky

by corky

xena wrote:Cleaning nightmare, not the lightest by a long way, over rated and expensive.

Cleaning nightmare....no worse than Campagnolo skeletons....

Not the lightest by a long way ...... But lighter than Campagnolo/Shimano

Over rated.... By you?

Expensive....aye....

But the modulation!!! Oh and the 2 second pad change.....nobody does that as well......

Help and support...awesome.

I have the originals still going strong 6 years down the road.....

rmerka

by rmerka

Not the easiest to clean but not that hard either. If I want to get ticky tacky with cleaning them, a cotton swab around the edges that are difficult to get to makes short work of it. Got some tire sealant on them once and that was a royal PITA. Ended up just taking them apart and cleaning each piece. The dis-assembly and reassembly was easier than I thought it would be.

scotty

by scotty

I'm om two minds over purchasing a set of EE's after reading this review :
http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/11/eecyc ... es-review/

The author basically says they are not as good as Dura-Aca or Super record..

corky

by corky

It's just one person's opinion....nothing quantative given in the 'review'. I think he confuses power with feel personally.

It is your money though.....

mythical

by mythical

scotty wrote:I'm om two minds over purchasing a set of EE's after reading this review :
http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/11/eecyc ... es-review/

The author basically says they are not as good as Dura-Aca or Super record..
How so? Bit of a polarizing remark, don't you think? Then again, it was your remark that made me actually read the article, so I presume that the same goes for other. :)

My own findings are rather contradictory to your remark. Seems to me that the author thinks EE brakes work great with Campy levers and that, with Dura-Ace levers, they don't send you over the bars as quickly as the latest version dual-pivot Dura-Ace calipers (that actually seem modelled after an EE brake, only with a modified cable pull that makes one think Shimano deliberately tried to make their levers incompatible with most aftermarket brakes). I found this article to be rather insightful actually. To quote the article:
http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/11/eecycleworks-eebrakes-review/ wrote:Eebrakes paired well with Super Record levers to offer sure braking with ample modulation. Indeed, the quality of braking was very similar to Super Record calipers, with no noticeable difference in power.
http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/11/eecycleworks-eebrakes-review/ wrote:Eebrakes also worked well with Dura Ace levers.The brake action was a little lighter (because of the lower spring tension described above) while the modulation was equivalent to Dura Ace calipers. There was, however, a small difference in power, with eebrakes approaching that of Dura Ace, but not quite achieving it.

To me they are the best brakes I ever had, even allowing one-finger braking and escapes in sketchy traffic situations with full bike control.
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

RideWert.com
Wert Cycling on Facebook

by Weenie