Help me to make a pedal choice

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Paolo Bettini didn't feel bad about using Shimano spd-sl pedals on his Campy equipped bikes when he was racing. Neither should you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

I started out with the Speedplay X series which I rather liked but the one big drawback IMO was the wear rate on their cleats wire clip that is retained within. I decided to go with the Zero as it had a flat circlip style clip which I found to last quite a bit longer compared to the X series. I normally replace the Zero cleats every couple years which helps prolong the wear on the pedal body itself. I have had these pedals for over five years with Ti spindle and am only replacing them now. My wife uses one set and I have the other. The Ti spindle on my set is worn enough to require replacement and the bodies on both have enough wear that you cannot read the R or the L that is stamped on them. I am sufficiently happy with the wear rates and I purchased the new ones onsale. :D
The Coombes pedal looks very interesting though but I couldnt find enough reviews on them. I see were Speedplay has done a slight copy on them. Hopefully this style of pedal does become more popular and more shoe companies take up the four bolt patterns needed.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake