Enve Compact Flex

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

Can't wait for that review Madcow!

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

I do not find them overly flexy.

I have Enve compact and 3T Ergonova Team Stealth, both 42.

I weigh 96 Kilo and find the Enve have less flex then the 3T.
carbonLORD.com

indywagon

by indywagon

I tried the Enve Compact bar last season and didn't notice any bar flex, but at 5'7" and 135 pounds, I don't really stress my bars that much. In fact, I have always thought the whole discussion of bar flex was a little ridiculous, until I tried the Shimano Pro Stealth Evo, as noted earlier. Their refusal to yield even a little bit is very noticeable. And if you don't like the Ergo bend, perhaps you might try the compact bend - which has a more traditional curve.

KWalker

by KWalker

As I said, its not paramount, but for whatever reason I don't find it very confidence inspiring and I'm not so supple that I need extra shock absorption.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Tamu8104

by Tamu8104

I have two sets of ENVE compact 42s and haven't noticed any flex in either (74kg so a mid-weight). I had Williams Elan CS previously and thought they were flexy. Very curious to see what FWB test show.
Gaulzetti Cabron Disc = (weight unknown)
Rock Lobster Team Tig SL Disc = (pending)
Sold: Ridley X-Night Disc = 7.80 kg | Ridley Noah FAST = 6.86 | Ridley Fenix = 6.74 | Raleigh HiLife = 7.46 | Fuji SST = 7.34 | Van Dessel FTB = 7.58

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

I never found them to not be confidence inspiring or really flex feeling (Enve or 3T), until I rode the Pro Vibe carbons. They've spoiled me. Now I pretty much have to run those bars or other brands aluminum.

Now, if I switched and none of my bikes had something as stiff as the Pro bars... I'd probably never notice and get used to them again.