2006 pro equipment - road

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
yourdaguy

by yourdaguy

That bike show the reality that he is going to have to train on days that due to weather he might not want to train. That bike shows dedication to me. Also, the fenders add wind resistance, think how fast he will go when he gets on his real bike after driving this tank all winter.
For certain parts stiffer is more important than lighter.

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

yourdaguy wrote:That bike show the reality that he is going to have to train on days that due to weather he might not want to train. That bike shows dedication to me. Also, the fenders add wind resistance, think how fast he will go when he gets on his real bike after driving this tank all winter.

:goodpost:

by Weenie

Grimpeur

by Grimpeur

jozuph wrote:
C a s r a n wrote:
tommy wrote:Now that's one UGLY bike :laughat:

Have you seen what CSC's Lars Michaelsen is training on? :D

I heard his mother also uses it with a removable luggage-carrier when she goes shopping..

Cool :shock: , I want those fenders on my citybike too :D !!
This is my Bike. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me, my bike is useless. Without my bike, I am useless.

delsol

by delsol

anyone seen the Barloworld Cannondale?

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

Grimpeur wrote:
jozuph wrote:
C a s r a n wrote:
tommy wrote:Now that's one UGLY bike :laughat:

Have you seen what CSC's Lars Michaelsen is training on? :D

I heard his mother also uses it with a removable luggage-carrier when she goes shopping..

Cool :shock: , I want those fenders on my citybike too :D !!

There´s no riders who train in scandinavia (or the most of northern europe, for that matter) in the winter, who doesn´t ride a bike like that or worse! :roll:
A couple of years ago one of our clubs former riders, was riding for Team Coast, and he trained all winter on his Colnago C40 with mudguards...

A e o l u s

by A e o l u s

Few photos of new Discovery team kit, and colour scheme for this season.. apparently they tested power outputs and tt positions at Los Angeles Velodrome

courtesy of www.thepaceline.com
Attachments
Leif Hoste Disco Kit 06.jpg
Disco TT Bike 06.jpg
Disco Trek 06 2.jpg
Disco Trek 06.jpg

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Wow.... check out those DA levers and that stem..... The distance between the rear of the stem and the front of the lever is about the same as the top tube. :shock:

I mean in the first photo....

And why is Dr Spock checking out that Trek in the second photo?

LJ
WWotY 2006 / Smart convert

by LJ

richardtoddywoddy wrote:And why is Dr Spock checking out that Trek in the second photo?

:thumbup: :lol:

turbo pepper

by turbo pepper

richardtoddywoddy wrote:And why is Dr Spock checking out that Trek in the second photo?

That's Juan 'Juanito' Lujan. A mechanic, Richard, but not as we know it.

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Thanks for sharing, premiumjack. I haven't checked The Paceline since these pictures are on it. I like their new clothes!

I think I said it before, Discovery Channel has a deal with SRM to equipe all their riders with at least one SRM Dura-Ace system. When I was at SRM in Germany they had an order from Team Discovery for 33 Dura-Ace SRM systems (22 x 175mm, 11 x 172,5mm), of whom 11 systems to send directly to Texas. If you look at the pictures of their trainingcamp you'll notice every rider has a system (see also first post of this topic, a pic of Benoit Joachim).

The aero testing on a track to search the perfect TT position is the same SRM does on its track in Germany (with Ivan Basso, Cunego, T-Mobile riders, Al-Sultan..). The one who delivered me my SRM system is training some top belgian riders and he explained me the TT testing he did in Germany with Wim Vanhuffel (Dav-Lotto). They test a lot of positions at a speed of 40km/u and look at the power output. With the 2 best positions they do a test with the rider giving the maximum out of his body. http://www.thepaceline.com/members/scho ... x?cid=1846

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

turbo pepper wrote:That's Juan 'Juanito' Lujan. A mechanic, Richard, but not as we know it.

LMAO, excellent. That must be a Star Trek then. Sorry, I had to.....

divve

by divve

richardtoddywoddy wrote:

It's Mr. Spock.

Samu Ilonen

by Samu Ilonen

divve wrote:
richardtoddywoddy wrote:

It's Mr. Spock.

"Bridge, beam me up to finnish line!"

:lol:

wdbike.com

by wdbike.com

richardtoddywoddy wrote:
turbo pepper wrote:That's Juan 'Juanito' Lujan. A mechanic, Richard, but not as we know it.

LMAO, excellent. That must be a Star Trek then. Sorry, I had to.....

lol nice :lol:

Kiptin, kiptin we need more power!!

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

C a s r a n wrote:Thanks for sharing, premiumjack. I haven't checked The Paceline since these pictures are on it. I like their new clothes!

I think I said it before, Discovery Channel has a deal with SRM to equipe all their riders with at least one SRM Dura-Ace system. When I was at SRM in Germany they had an order from Team Discovery for 33 Dura-Ace SRM systems (22 x 175mm, 11 x 172,5mm), of whom 11 systems to send directly to Texas. If you look at the pictures of their trainingcamp you'll notice every rider has a system (see also first post of this topic, a pic of Benoit Joachim).

The aero testing on a track to search the perfect TT position is the same SRM does on its track in Germany (with Ivan Basso, Cunego, T-Mobile riders, Al-Sultan..). The one who delivered me my SRM system is training some top belgian riders and he explained me the TT testing he did in Germany with Wim Vanhuffel (Dav-Lotto). They test a lot of positions at a speed of 40km/u and look at the power output. With the 2 best positions they do a test with the rider giving the maximum out of his body. http://www.thepaceline.com/members/scho ... x?cid=1846

Casran you should be jealous of Azevedo (if I see well) Bonty aerobar... the armrests are really really low!! Too nice

by Weenie