2006 pro equipment - road

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Squiggy

by Squiggy

stella-azzurra wrote:
Frans wrote:Wow. How bloody hacked up is that T-mobile bike? Is that normal? It's just the epoxy clear coat so not important but *sheesh* those stays need some TLC.

99% of the close-ups of other pro-bikes I see make them look in show-room condition!

Most are not in show room condition since they are moved from placed to place, raced, rebuilt, moved again in trucks and every mechanic is not going to handle the bike with white gloves... :cry: They don't have time to TLC every bike :evil:

Yeah, most of the stuff you see are just tools and people beating and touching the frame when it's being built up.

Hi, SA. Wanna meet for a training ride sometime?
I'm a real Roadie, now!
2003 Colnago Dream (57 cm) full Dura-Ace 7700.
2005 Colnago C50 HP (56 cm) full Dura-Ace 7800.
2006 Giant TCR 2.

by Weenie

Mile Ditch

by Mile Ditch

simon wrote:about the wheels: i thought the same, is 2 cross drive side really intelligent?
Perfectly acceptable with a 24h hub (in fact, ideal).

JK

by JK

Oh no...

Floyd started a trend...

Rasmussen, please trade in the 20W for good looks... please...

stumpytrunks

by stumpytrunks

You'd think that they'd make him some bars that weren't a wind sock in that position...

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

stumpytrunks wrote:You'd think that they'd make him some bars that weren't a wind sock in that position...

Just think of it like a wing of a plane. It will cause a slight lift affect and reduce less rolling resistance on the wheels.

stumpytrunks

by stumpytrunks

They nailed the lift thing last year....might be stabilisers.

Danton

by Danton

Lift? Rasmussen needs downforce judging by last summer's TT performance.

Of course, every second may count but he can make up a few seconds lost over 50km in just 5km in the mountains.

Machina

by Machina

simon wrote:there are not many team mecanics who have e.g. a torque tool in their toolbox. some are just able to unwrap new parts and install them.
one big exception is team milram mecanic geert rombouts, he helps us during the cyclocross season, and his skills are endless!
about the wheels: i thought the same, is 2 cross drive side really intelligent?

hi simon,

i met gert back in 2002(?) when he was a mechanic for index-alexia at the henniger-turm.

i'm not sure if he remembers me but if you get the chance please send my regards to him. tell him it's from the malaysian rider he met.

thanks!