Power2Max HUGE Price Drop!

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
davidalone

by davidalone

So I went to my local distributor today and I'm surprised that they are selling a rotor 3d plus p2m ( no rings or bb) for 1700 odd euro, which is quite frankly even counting in distribution costs / profits rather ridiculous.

davidalone

by davidalone

Forgot to add that I live in Singapore.

by Weenie

ricey155

by ricey155

How are people getting on with the new type s P2M ?

they look excellent value @ 940 Euros toying with flashing the cash asap

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Using one for a couple of months, absolutely no issues so far.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

My Type-S has been flawless also.

nlouthan

by nlouthan

Mine works exactly as expected.

Turbopowr

by Turbopowr

My Specialized Type-S has also been flawless. Very consistent data from ride to ride. Love it!!
Hector Cabrera
Orlando, FL
2011 Spec Tarmac Pro DA

Turbopowr

by Turbopowr

By the way, I have compared my P2M to my Cyclops Power Beam Pro (Built in Powertap) and it's always within about 3 watts of the Powertap (Powertap reads lower which makes sense since you have drivetrain losses). I have tested anywhere from 150-500 watts and it's always almost dead on.
Hector Cabrera
Orlando, FL
2011 Spec Tarmac Pro DA

KWalker

by KWalker

My Type S has been awesome. Zero issues, just like with my last P2M.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

nigel379

by nigel379

My Type S (for S-works) has been flawless as well. Love it. Never an issue other than needing a 2mm spacer to fit on my BMC TM02- it rubbed without the spacer.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

davidalone wrote:So I went to my local distributor today and I'm surprised that they are selling a rotor 3d plus p2m ( no rings or bb) for 1700 odd euro, which is quite frankly even counting in distribution costs / profits rather ridiculous.

Why don't you order from them direct then ? :noidea:

its Euro 1090 ( including VAT, which you're exempt from, so would be about Euro 927, excluding shipping and taxes for you) .

http://www.power2max.de/europe/en/

naylor343

by naylor343

Don't have the new type S, but as a brand I could not say enough about them. I have the Rotor 3d P2M and in 18 months of heavy usage, swapping from winter bike, to turbo frame and to road race bike, it has never missed a beat. 2 battery changes, which were carried out stress free. This is just as, something great should be, - it does exactly what it is supposed to so well, you never have to give it a single thought :D

maquisard

by maquisard

Power2Max have a really good product, and really good customer support to back it up.

Meanwhile, SRM are resting on their laurels and being left behind.

igotyofire

by igotyofire

Hi, is the Type S just one unit that is the same, I see there is different versions on the site but are you limited to one crank once you decide on one? I think the way the website is setup is to allow different options depending on the crank choice like the BB30 adapter to bb24? I have a cannondale CAAD10 and the bottom bracket creaks like plenty of other BB30 bikes. I was hoping to purchase the praxis adapter, but I am undecided on which cranks I will need. I don't think my existing FSA-SL-K carbon cranks can be reused if I am ditching the BB30?

by Weenie

jever98

by jever98

igotyofire wrote:Hi, is the Type S just one unit that is the same, I see there is different versions on the site but are you limited to one crank once you decide on one? I think the way the website is setup is to allow different options depending on the crank choice like the BB30 adapter to bb24? I have a cannondale CAAD10 and the bottom bracket creaks like plenty of other BB30 bikes. I was hoping to purchase the praxis adapter, but I am undecided on which cranks I will need. I don't think my existing FSA-SL-K carbon cranks can be reused if I am ditching the BB30?

Hi,

the Type S models differ by crank, because the crank interfaces differ.

If you want to use a 24mm crank with a conversion BB I would recommend the Rotor 3D with the Rotor or Praxis Works bottom bracket adapter.

You won't be able to use a SL-K crank set because the spider and crank are integrated in one piece and you need a separate spider and crank arm. Hence the recommendation for the Rotor 3D.

Best
Nicolas
----
No longer in the industry