Power2Max HUGE Price Drop!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jever98

by jever98

Hi trilocus,

yes, that's the plan.

Best
Nicolas
----
No longer in the industry

Dammit

by Dammit

Is there any plan to use Shimano crank arms, or just to offer the 4 bolt drilling for a spider that will go on a different set of arms?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Buffalo

by Buffalo

jever98

by jever98

@Dammit: unfortunately we don't have access to Shimano cranks (Shimano doesn't make any of the current cranks for power meters). We will offer the Rotor 3D+ and the FSA K-Force Light with Shimano 4-hole pattern. Possibly also other models, but that's still TBD.

Best
Nicolas
----

Dammit

by Dammit

Thanks Nicolas, I'd seen the pictures of the 3D+ with the Shimano 4 bolt drilling, just wondered about other options.

davidalone

by davidalone

Curious, can an existing FSA K force light crank (2012) be fitted with a power2max ?

r

jever98

by jever98

@davidalone: Unfortunately not, because the spider is integrated. The FSA K-Force Light that we have is a specific model for power2max, without the spider.

Best
Nicolas
----

Jmeloy

by Jmeloy

Great heads up,thanks?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

mentok

by mentok

@jever98: Rotor's compatibility charts show that the 3D is compatible with BBRight, but none of the power2max websites show this compatibility - is this an error on the p2max website, or is there a difference in the cranks that prevents this combination?

long story short: i want to install a road rotor3d into a beer components eccentric bottom bracket on a mtb PF30 frame (niner air 9). it will work with a 3d+, i just need to use less than 11mm of spacers on the NDS, but the 3d is like $200 cheaper from the NZ distributor so if i can use it instead i will.

jever98

by jever98

@mentok: good catch. The 3D works with BBRight. We recommend the 3D+ because of the 30mm axle. I'll get it corrected on the site in the coming days, thanks for pointing it out.

Cheers
Nicolas
----

ultreia

by ultreia

Paypal or credit card payments isn't available at moment, isn't it ?

jever98

by jever98

@ultreia: in the US it is, in Europe it isn't unfortunately,
----

si1ver
Shop Owner

by si1ver

Hi Nicolas ,

Just want to say thank you for your presence in the forum.
Will there be MTB version of S Type ?
I am particularly interested in Hollowgram version that is XX1 compatible .
Thanks

jever98

by jever98

Hi silver,

the MTB Type S is still a way off, first the road models will start :-). It's too early to comment on the versions, but the first ones will very likely be the Rotor ones, because they are so versatile and a great combination of weight, stiffness, and value.

The Hollowgram is a nice crank, but I can't comment yet if there will be a model or not. On the downside stands that it's a very expensive crank and only fits BB30 or PF30, limiting its utilization.

Cheers
NIcolas
----

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DMF

by DMF

The non-P2M FSA Gossamer cranks fits with a Shimano HT2 bottom bracket (as far as I know...), would that be true for the P2M FSA Gossamer too? I would really like one, but MegaExo bottom.brackets are just a total deal breaker (would be using it with a Hope BB), and would be reason enough to go with Stages instead.

Also, what is the accuracy like on max efforts, i.e 1700w? Not for repeatability but for actual numbers? Would it still be +/-2% of an SRM or a WattBike or similar, or close enough to get something one might claim is close to the truth?